Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded

Post New Thread Reply   

Deceptively Cute Finn
Old 08-18-2012 , 00:52   CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded
Reply With Quote #1

If, like me, you were a bit confused over a lot of gaming news sites like Kotaku & Joystiq reporting that CS:GO was going to have a built in Zombie Mode.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/16/co...ady-for-launc/
http://kotaku.com/5935603/counter+st...nts-braaaiiins

The simple answer is that the "Zombie Mod" a lot of news sites are reporting about is in fact Zombie:Reloaded!

Scroll down for more information!

Taken from: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2012/08/4384/

Quote:
CS:GO doesn’t launch alone next week. When we go live next Tuesday, we will have some brain chomping walking dead joining us. The guys over at plaguefest.com have been working with us to get Zombie Mod working on CS:GO and it’s ready!

It was important to us as we developed CS:GO to make sure it was as moddable and extensible as any CS game. So this is just one of many mods that will be available to CS:GO in the coming months. Are you actively developing a mod for CS:GO? Let us know.
In other news, if you like CS:GO and you like movies… you should check out GameTrailers TV tonight on Spike TV.
This is where it gets interesting. If you visit plaguefest's website you'll see that they are in fact running a beta for the CS:GO version Zombie Mod:

Anyways, I joined the server and did a simple "sm plugins list" and look what showed up in the list:

You can see the original screenshot here: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...F632971FCABDE/
Zombie:Reloaded!

So hopefully that answers a few questions, I think a lot of the news sites just skewed the details a bit.

You can also check out the "ZM:GO" servers that Plaguefest has setup - they definitely have all the trademark bugs that people have been reporting in regards to Z:R on CS:GO so I have no doubt that it is in fact Zombie:Reloaded.

Sorry if I ruined any surprises that were planned.

Old 08-18-2012 , 00:59   Re: CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded
Reply With Quote #2

ya, that's KyleS community
Cool Pig B)
Old 08-18-2012 , 02:53   Re: CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded
Reply With Quote #3

my version has all the bugs fixed...altho ive commented lot of stuff in the code that doesnt work with CSGO and i didnt really keep css compatibility + modified stuff to my liking, so its not really upto any publishing

if anyone wants to try it out, heres the ip: 178.63.21.23:28010

its not yet all done, for example im still working on the weapon menu and also a custom freeze grenade, but its getting there

Last edited by Zephyrus; 08-18-2012 at 03:06.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-18-2012 , 04:04   Re: CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptively Cute Finn View Post
If, like me, you were a bit confused over a lot of gaming news sites like Kotaku & Joystiq reporting that CS:GO was going to have a built in Zombie Mode.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/16/co...ady-for-launc/
http://kotaku.com/5935603/counter+st...nts-braaaiiins

The simple answer is that the "Zombie Mod" a lot of news sites are reporting about is in fact Zombie:Reloaded!

Scroll down for more information!

Taken from: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2012/08/4384/

This is where it gets interesting. If you visit plaguefest's website you'll see that they are in fact running a beta for the CS:GO version Zombie Mod:

Anyways, I joined the server and did a simple "sm plugins list" and look what showed up in the list:

You can see the original screenshot here: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...F632971FCABDE/
Zombie:Reloaded!

So hopefully that answers a few questions, I think a lot of the news sites just skewed the details a bit.

You can also check out the "ZM:GO" servers that Plaguefest has setup - they definitely have all the trademark bugs that people have been reporting in regards to Z:R on CS:GO so I have no doubt that it is in fact Zombie:Reloaded.

Sorry if I ruined any surprises that were planned.

Oh wow... Zombie Mod is the genre of gameplay. ZombieMod is a product, along with Zombie:Reloaded. I can't speak to what Valve says, but we're obviously not hiding anything... lol. As far as I'm aware, at this present time, all Valve is doing is contributing a Zombie player model. They're not natively creating their own Zombie game play, whether or not anything else changes is solely up to them (I have no idea).

Semi-Edit: The idea behind the blog post was to create hype / get it known, as far as I'm aware. Others have contacted them since with their modifications to the game, hopefully Valve lets the community know about those as well.

If you have any questions, or concerns, you're welcome to PM me.

Last edited by KyleS; 08-18-2012 at 04:07.
Deceptively Cute Finn
Old 08-18-2012 , 04:42   Re: CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded
Reply With Quote #5

I never mean't to give the impression that you were hiding anything, i've just been in a few games of demolition on CS:GO where people were wondering if there was going to be something like L4D for CS:GO as well as some people wondering about it on this sub forum. I just figured i'd clarify what zombiemod for CS:GO was actually going to be since there's a lot of rumors going around.

Edit: Sorry if there's any confusion that's been caused by this.

Last edited by Deceptively Cute Finn; 08-18-2012 at 05:08.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2012 , 11:02   Re: CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded
Reply With Quote #6

I don't mind anyone fixing ZR to make it work on CS: GO, that's just great! That's how open source is supposed to be. Though I do agree that the majority of bloggers make it look like people at Plague Fest made the mod themself. That's not nice, bloggers.

One thing I've noticed is that the blog on counter-strike.net says it's ready. If that's true we would like to merge those fixes (credits will be given of course).

Update: This post by Josh from Plague Fest will clarify a lot: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...4&postcount=44

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 08-18-2012 at 11:18.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 08-18-2012 , 11:21   Re: CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded
Reply With Quote #7

hows that a "custom" version? it has the exact same bugs..
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2012 , 11:43   Re: CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded
Reply With Quote #8

It has the same codebase as ZR and they've modified it to work with CS: GO. I really hope we'll be able to look at and merge those fixes into the official ZR codebase.

One bad thing (for us) is that I suspect everyone is going to call this plugin "Zombie Mod" because bloggers and people say Zombie Mod. It doesn't matter whether "Zombie Mod" is considered a game mode or a specific plugin. If someone wants to set up a zombie mod server they won't find ZR when searching for "zombie mod", while they really mean to search for Zombie:Reloaded.

(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 08-18-2012 at 11:49.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 08-18-2012 , 11:46   Re: CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelgeby View Post
It has the same codebase as ZR and they've modified it to work with CS: GO. I really hope we'll be able to look at and merge those fixes into the official ZR codebase.
those modifications can already be found on the forums, gamedata by gamemann, models by kaem and the mapeadores community and so on
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2012 , 11:53   Re: CS:GO "Zombie Mod" IS Zombie:Reloaded
Reply With Quote #10

Resources, yes, but I haven't seen any releases of source code with fixes. Maybe because it's still work in progress.

Last edited by rhelgeby; 08-18-2012 at 11:53.