Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Suggestion to multilingual Forums

[Godmin] Gonzo
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-25-2007 , 19:06   Suggestion to multilingual Forums

Would it be possible to get language-specific Offtopic-Forums? In the german support forum are off-topic questions very often but moving them to off-topic mixes them up with the english ones - so I kindly ask for language specific offtopic forums.

Thanks
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2007 , 03:04   Re: Suggestion to multilingual Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PUPPETS] Gonzo View Post
Would it be possible to get language-specific Offtopic-Forums? In the german support forum are off-topic questions very often but moving them to off-topic mixes them up with the english ones - so I kindly ask for language specific offtopic forums.

Thanks
I do agree with you because German is a quite popular language here in the programming/server world, which I am grateful for because I have been learning it for 4 years :-). I think German deserves subforums of it's own because it is more popular than French or other languages because look at the scarcity of use in French forums versus German... It shows although French may have mediocre activity in the past few days, German has had a tremendous amount more. That is clue enough that the German forums are more prevelant in this regard and therefore deserve a more spacious forum.

Slmclarengt

P.S. Ich liebe die beste Sprache der Welt... Deutsch!

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!

Last edited by slmclarengt; 05-26-2007 at 17:50. Reason: whoops
MaximusBrood
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2007 , 07:58   Re: Suggestion to multilingual Forums

Weil mein Deutch nicht so gut ist, (Ich bin Niederländisch) denke ich das ein Deutsches 'Off-Topic' forum eine gute idee ist. But then again, why have a German forum when you can just talk English and have a response from everyone.
Never Fall Asleep
Old 05-27-2007 , 20:29   Re: Suggestion to multilingual Forums

Having 1 specific non-english off-topic forum will result in having others. I dont see this as a good idea.
[Godmin] Gonzo
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-28-2007 , 14:41   Re: Suggestion to multilingual Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecode View Post
Having 1 specific non-english off-topic forum will result in having others. I dont see this as a good idea.
There are a few multilingual Forums, and I asked for creating an off-topic forum for each of them, not just for the german one. This would help much to isolate the non-amxx questions from the amxx ones.