Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

MaKTaiL
Old 07-13-2009 , 08:35   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Hecke] Leitwolf View Post
I used the correct smx-File for my DoD:S Server i donīt know whats wrong?! How about the Joinsound, is this working on your Server?

I have fixed some "strange characters" in the translation file (German Language only) and added german Quakesounds, maybe you can have a look at the Files for an fault / misstake.

These are the Files I use:
First of all: Delete the files quakesounds_tf2.smx, quakesounds_hl2dm.smx and quakesounds_css.smx.

Second of all: The reason the JoinSound is not working is because you set up a sound that you don't have.

Last but not least: Make sure you named the files correctly. Like: There is no humiliation.wav, only in mp3. Got it?
[Hecke] Leitwolf
Old 07-13-2009 , 11:28   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #152

-I got only the quakesound_dods.smx in my Plugins Folder. I completed the Download for those who run other mods that DoD:S Maybe i have got a file named wrong i will check it again but still the Text to the Headshot isnīt working...

-The Soundpath for the Joinsound is working in Quakesound 1.8

***UPDATE***

-I have checked all Filenames and they are correct.

Is the Serverjoinsound playing if you join to your Server?

Last edited by [Hecke] Leitwolf; 07-13-2009 at 11:42.
MaKTaiL
Old 07-13-2009 , 17:31   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Hecke] Leitwolf View Post
-I got only the quakesound_dods.smx in my Plugins Folder. I completed the Download for those who run other mods that DoD:S Maybe i have got a file named wrong i will check it again but still the Text to the Headshot isnīt working...

-The Soundpath for the Joinsound is working in Quakesound 1.8

***UPDATE***

-I have checked all Filenames and they are correct.

Is the Serverjoinsound playing if you join to your Server?
Yes, its playing, but I have a different sound to it. Im using the original one, from my upload.
Let's try it this way:

-Download Quake Sounds 2.6
-Upload all files (except the smx you don't need)
-Try running the server with it.

If it works is because you did something wrong with your custom German file.
Let me know
[Hecke] Leitwolf
Old 07-13-2009 , 22:19   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #154

Okay, now it works! Maybe the Plugin didnīt like my added german files The Serverjoinsound is running and the Text to the headshot is there. BUT im still missing the Sound "round_play" is this working on your server?
biffsbiz
Old 07-13-2009 , 23:27   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #155

HL2DM sounds seem to be missing. Such as headshot which worked fine in the original. I have tried the 2.30 - 2.60.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-15-2009 , 09:04   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffsbiz View Post
HL2DM sounds seem to be missing. Such as headshot which worked fine in the original. I have tried the 2.30 - 2.60.
Were you using an edited version of the original? (and by "original", I'm assuming you're referring to Dalto's) I just looked at the source and it only considers headshots if the game is CSS.

Code:
if(gameType == CSS)
		headshot = GetEventBool(event, "headshot");
	else
		headshot = false;
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-15-2009 , 09:09   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #157

Attached, edited version based on MaKTaiL's last posted version.

This only adds support for clientpref's built-in !settings menu (as requested by tcviper). It adds an entry on the settings menu that just points to the existing quake sounds settings menu.

This is just an updated version (shows as 2.6.1) of the plugin file. For all other required files, see the first post.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (quakesounds_css.sp - 392 views - 20.9 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (quakesounds_dods.sp - 363 views - 20.9 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (quakesounds_hl2dm.sp - 365 views - 20.9 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (quakesounds_tf2.sp - 451 views - 20.9 KB)
Richard.UK
Old 07-15-2009 , 10:10   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #158

Any other people having problem with thetext not displaying but the sound works?

I have had alot of complaints about the sounds working but the text does not appear?, Yes the config files are summed up to equal "9" to display to all and sound to all...but the text still does not work

Any suggestions at all that would be really appreciated
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-15-2009 , 10:13   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard.UK View Post
Any other people having problem with thetext not displaying but the sound works?

I have had alot of complaints about the sounds working but the text does not appear?, Yes the config files are summed up to equal "9" to display to all and sound to all...but the text still does not work

Any suggestions at all that would be really appreciated
I believe the last two versions posted include a fix for this by MakTaiL and FeuerSturm. They are not yet in the first post. Are you using version 2.60 or higher?
tcviper
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2009 , 10:32   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.61 / Updated July 15, 2009)
Reply With Quote #160

Since grrrrrrr hasnt been online for some time i have just replaced the frontpage files and updated the changelog etc to match the latest builts from Psychonic (version 2.61). Enjoy!