Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

MaKTaiL
Old 07-05-2009 , 17:27   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #141

Everything is working fine here.
The only issue I found was that any new players on the server will have the Text Disabled when they first join.
Even with the command sm_quakesounds_text 1, they still start with text turned off.
So they have to go to !quake and enabled it. They have to do that only the fisrt time, but it gets annoying for me.
I wanted every new player to have everything turned on when they first join.
MaKTaiL
Old 07-08-2009 , 09:25   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL View Post
Everything is working fine here.
The only issue I found was that any new players on the server will have the Text Disabled when they first join.
Even with the command sm_quakesounds_text 1, they still start with text turned off.
So they have to go to !quake and enabled it. They have to do that only the fisrt time, but it gets annoying for me.
I wanted every new player to have everything turned on when they first join.
It seems simple to fix. But I donīt know how.
Someone, make a quick fix to this problem please!
meng
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2009 , 13:38   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #143

i have the same issue. everybody must turn on text themselves. however, i only got text working at all by using printtochatall instead of centertext. i think others had the same issue here. using SM 1.2.1
Send a message via Yahoo to meng
MaKTaiL
Old 07-08-2009 , 14:08   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by meng View Post
i have the same issue. everybody must turn on text themselves. however, i only got text working at all by using printtochatall instead of centertext. i think others had the same issue here. using SM 1.2.1
Yeah, this is the issue I'm having.
I don't know how to code for Source Mod, but it doesn't look that complicated to fix.
One of the codes must be turned off and it is only turned on when players go to the Quake menu.
This code must be turned on to fix the problem. I messed around a little bit, changing every "0" to an "1". But I couldn't find the code, yet!
MaKTaiL
Old 07-10-2009 , 11:11   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #145

Since nobody was supporting this Plugin, I took the liberty to ask someone else to fix it for us.
I asked the great FeuerSturm to fix the Text Display that wasn't showing up for some people.
He also fixed the cvars that weren't responding correctly in-game, causing people to be without Text Display or Sounds sometimes.
All credits for this fix goes to FeuerSturm, not me.

I also added a Brazilian Portuguese translation for the Plugin and you can find it below, among with all the other files you need to run the plugin.
Now the credits for the transaltion goes to me! xDD

There are 4 .sp and .smx files inside. Make sure you get the correct one for your game.
Current supported games are: DODS, CSS, TF2 and HL2DM.
Sounds are not included in the file. Download it from the first post.

QUAKE SOUNDS 2.6:
Attached Files
File Type: zip quake.zip (72.5 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by MaKTaiL; 07-10-2009 at 11:14.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-10-2009 , 13:44   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL View Post
Since nobody was supporting this Plugin, ...
Yes, it's a shame none of the authors of it were supporting it when the last one just had a post on this thread only 9 days ago. So much of a shame that you had to double-post twice since then and whine "unsupported" about a plugin you got for free. I was going to look at it when I had time, and I'm sure Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr was going to also. That said, thanks for the fix, I'm sure it will get included in the next release.

/endrant
extreamv
Old 07-10-2009 , 18:08   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasil View Post
yo guys, i cant get this plugin to work at all on my server. (menu won't work either)
i am new to running a server... and source mod.
anyone know what might be the problem?
i extracted and uploaded everything where it should be.

i think the server just isnt loading the plugin. how do i do that?
i tried placing this in sourcemod.cfg

sm_quakesounds_version 2.50
sm_quakesounds_enable 1
sm_quakesounds_announce 1
sm_quakesounds_text 1
sm_quakesounds_sound 1

but that wont work, and i dont think its right either

I fallowed everything too nothing downloads nor can we get the pluggin to work meaning menus. I have read the directions to many times where i think i am going to be sick. I even reinstalled the main files that the guy inthe last page of post created and still nothing...
[Hecke] Leitwolf
Old 07-12-2009 , 14:27   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #148

Hi Guys,

i use the newest DoD:S 2.6 Version and the Text to the Headshot-Sound is Missing. For Hattrick (3 times Headshot) and Headhunter (5 times) it works fine. Another Bug is that he Serverjoinsound is not played if I join.

Sry for my good english
MaKTaiL
Old 07-12-2009 , 14:32   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Hecke] Leitwolf View Post
Hi Guys,

i use the newest DoD:S 2.6 Version and the Text to the Headshot-Sound is Missing. For Hattrick (3 times Headshot) and Headhunter (5 times) it works fine. Another Bug is that he Serverjoinsound is not played if I join.

Sry for my good english
Did you make sure you got the correct plugin for your game?
I provided 4 inside the file. One for CSS, HL2DM, DOD:S and TF2.
You can't leave all of them together. Check if you deleted the ones that you don't need.
I'm running a DOD:S server and the headshot is working fine for me.
[Hecke] Leitwolf
Old 07-12-2009 , 22:12   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #150

I used the correct smx-File for my DoD:S Server i donīt know whats wrong?! How about the Joinsound, is this working on your Server?

I have fixed some "strange characters" in the translation file (German Language only) and added german Quakesounds, maybe you can have a look at the Files for an fault / misstake.

These are the Files I use:
Attached Files
File Type: rar Quakesounds2.6 FULL.rar (2.38 MB, 234 views)

Last edited by [Hecke] Leitwolf; 07-12-2009 at 22:29.