Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix (NO LONGER NEEDED)

Post New Thread Reply   

DeathChaos25
Old 09-29-2014 , 17:32   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by id5473 View Post
The scenes don't work i'm afraid.
I suppose it's maybe because the models aren't actually there yet (only that looping orange animation outline) so the facial animations stored in these scenes would be useless anyway. I played around with the conditions a bit but to no avail.

"for some reason, I am an Infected, and I have a Zoey model," - this event is too unlikely to actually check for it imho. just like checking for buckshot dmg type when writing a plugin around punching survivors as a tank. ;)

Also I think the check "they must not currently be vocalizing"is optional as the response system will determine if he's busy or not and will either start the line or not. (unless you are going to re-roll who's vocalizing... otherwise it's superfluous, no?)

Granted I know little about client indexes.. but i've observed it takes a fair 10-50 secs for people to click on (join game) till they have actually joined the game.
(if you run l4d2 with the console parameter -dev you can easily see (even as a client yourself) when someone connects (some DLC1/DLC2 installed = 0 messages appear) and when he finally joins the game a message #Cstrike_TitlesTXT_Game_connected appears.

Bottomline is: clientindex changing the owner during one of the loops is highly unlikely i think. (my assumption being: clientindex is distributed as soon as he starts connecting)
esp. if you run a normal realism/coop server with 4 slots. even if it's 8 slot server.
Ah well, such a shame that the scene changes won't work.

But did the plugin work?

If it did, I'll move it to the main post for people to download and update.
Old 09-30-2014 , 15:53   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #62

seems to work. sorry didn't had time to test it yesterday.

One of these is probably enough to cancel the loop tho.

i=MaxClients
break

I only had them because i was working with 2 loops.

not sure if it's worth putting on the front page.. as you already said.. people probably don't update their talker just for this.

Last edited by id5473; 09-30-2014 at 15:54.
DeathChaos25
Old 09-30-2014 , 16:30   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix (Updated 9-30-2014)
Reply With Quote #63

Updated the main post with this new version, which I dubbed lite
Old 10-01-2014 , 15:39   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix (Updated 9-30-2014)
Reply With Quote #64

Sorry if i wasn't clear in my previous post but the "official" modified talker does not have the rules.. only similar concepts. So even if someone is using the modified talker.. they still need to add the rules + concepts (that's why i added examples). modified talker merely has the same concepts but under a different name (which I noticed only after i already made the rules with my created concepts)
DeathChaos25
Old 10-01-2014 , 17:41   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix (Updated 9-30-2014)
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by id5473 View Post
Sorry if i wasn't clear in my previous post but the "official" modified talker does not have the rules.. only similar concepts. So even if someone is using the modified talker.. they still need to add the rules + concepts (that's why i added examples). modified talker merely has the same concepts but under a different name (which I noticed only after i already made the rules with my created concepts)
That's not too big of a problem, I'll get around to adding them to modified talker when I have a bit of free time and post the link in the main post.

Also, I'm curious about something, what OS do you run your servers on?

Windows or Linux?
Old 10-02-2014 , 07:21   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix (Updated 9-30-2014)
Reply With Quote #66

It's a dedicated linux machine.
DeathChaos25
Old 10-02-2014 , 15:58   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix (Updated 10-02-2014)
Reply With Quote #67

Added an edited version of Modified Talker with id's concepts implemented into the main post to use with the lite version.
Old 10-02-2014 , 18:35   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I remember someone did a private plugin to fix the L4D1 survivors having this issue in the original L4D1 with the Smoker, Boomer, etc.

I suspect if you add support for them, that will be the extent of it in L4D2 as well since im not sure they actually have lines for L4D2 SI besides the names Jockey, Charger, etc.
Yes, that private plugin was mine, which I released today, since this plugin came out there was no point in keeping it secret anymore.
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2014 , 20:08   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix (Updated 10-02-2014)
Reply With Quote #69

Ah I see.

No big deal, I understand wanting to keep some plugins private if you run a server, it adds incentive for people to play on it.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2014 , 22:21   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix (Updated 10-02-2014)
Reply With Quote #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Ah I see.

No big deal, I understand wanting to keep some plugins private if you run a server, it adds incentive for people to play on it.
Well this plugin wasn't something big, but it was something unique. I still would have released it actually since I started working on other projects.