Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix (NO LONGER NEEDED)

Post New Thread Reply   

DeathChaos25
Old 09-12-2014 , 06:29   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by id5473 View Post
He can't do this as these lines aren't even from l4d2. It's merely the same voice actor (Jen Taylor).
The second part (where you see her face) however oddly fits even with the echo + face choreography but that might be just coincidence, the game he took it from also had vcd scene files or the creator put some afford into finding a similar scenefile (or even made one) that somehow resembles the mouth movement while playing the wav.
Ah well, such a shame.

That would explain why I couldn't find them.

Edit : Upon further investigation, all 3 of those lines come from here.

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 09-12-2014 at 06:50.
id5473
Old 09-12-2014 , 12:11   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
He can't do this as these lines aren't even from l4d2. It's merely the same voice actor (Jen Taylor).
The second part (where you see her face) however oddly fits even with the echo + face choreography but that might be just coincidence, maybe the game he took it from (possibly Sin episodes?) also had vcd scene files or the creator put some afford into finding a similar scenefile (or even made one) that somehow resembles the mouth movement while playing the wav.
well yeah that's what I said.

*edit* ah i see.. you took my quote while i was still editing it. ;o

Last edited by id5473; 09-12-2014 at 12:11.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2014 , 14:58   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #43

Any further intel into the idea of fixing the death mourns idea via a small plugin?...

We know the other idea won't work, since the lines don't actually exist in L4D2, which is fine.

Last edited by Sev; 09-15-2014 at 14:58.
DeathChaos25
Old 09-15-2014 , 17:44   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Any further intel into the idea of fixing the death mourns idea via a small plugin?...

We know the other idea won't work, since the lines don't actually exist in L4D2, which is fine.
Sadly, using the dead_survivor_visible event is a no go, because of multiple issues.

A) It doesn't fire on Ragdoll induced deaths, as it fires off of the static death model.

B) It only fires once per player.

C) It only fires on Actual players, not on bots/Fake Clients (as in only real players can see dead survivors and fire the event) And lastly,

D) Even using the Defib fix extension, the static death model identity glitch still exists within the event itself too.

For example, I used this to test the event;

PHP Code:
public OnPluginStart()
{

HookEvent("dead_survivor_visible"DeadSurvivorVisible_Event)
}

public 
DeadSurvivorVisible_Event(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast
{
    new 
client GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(event"userid"));
    new 
victim GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(event"deadplayer"));

if (
client <= || client MaxClients || !IsClientInGame(client) || GetClientTeam(client) != 2) {
        return
    }
    if (
victim <= || victim MaxClients || !IsClientInGame(victim) || GetClientTeam(victim) != 2) {
        return
    }

PrintToChatAll("Player %N has spotted player %N's dead corpse!"clientvictim)

And using my Fake Zoey, I killed a Nick, and got the following output in the chat;
"Player DeathChaos has spotted player DeathChaos's dead corpse!"

Meaning it would incorrectly point out the dead player, and as a result, the player who saw the dead survivor would mourn them incorrectly.

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 09-15-2014 at 17:47.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2014 , 18:14   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #45

Ah, that's a shame.

Its fine though, you can't win them all.

Another neat idea for a small plugin, though dunno how plausible is...

1. During the elevator ride of No Mercy Hospital, if any L4D2 survivors are present, force them to vocalize their elevator lines from the Dead Center 1 Elevator ride, that way you could kind of mesh the convos together. As I recall in both convos for Dead Center and No Mercy, they would acknowledge the deaths of other survivors too as well as other plausible meshable lines for cross dialogue during the elevator sequences.

2. Same idea with the Dead Center 1 elevator ride, only if the L4D1 survivors are present, vocalize their elevator convo lines to mesh with the L4D2 survivor elevator convo.

I know, a bit congested, but an idea nevertheless for more authenticity and they would auto play to avoid needing commands.

Say a random chance of whomever to start a convo each time out.

Last edited by Sev; 09-15-2014 at 18:16.
id5473
Old 09-16-2014 , 05:47   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Another neat idea for a small plugin, though dunno how plausible is...

1. During the elevator ride of No Mercy Hospital, if any L4D2 survivors are present, force them to vocalize their elevator lines from the Dead Center 1 Elevator ride, that way you could kind of mesh the convos together. As I recall in both convos for Dead Center and No Mercy, they would acknowledge the deaths of other survivors too as well as other plausible meshable lines for cross dialogue during the elevator sequences.

2. Same idea with the Dead Center 1 elevator ride, only if the L4D1 survivors are present, vocalize their elevator convo lines to mesh with the L4D2 survivor elevator convo.

I know, a bit congested, but an idea nevertheless for more authenticity and they would auto play to avoid needing commands.

Say a random chance of whomever to start a convo each time out.
You could just do that yourself you know. Just add it to the talker. You have basically everything you need. You got the lines, you got the criteria, you got the concept. all you need to do is copy the entire response/rules part of these lines and exchange the concept for the no mercy elevator ride for the hotel one.
sorry but I'm a bit baffled how you come here for every vocal concern/idea you have and expect deathchaos to come up with something without even doing some research yourself (this is regarding the lines from above) or showing how you tried to tackle the issue yourself but got stuck and posting what you've tried..

Last edited by id5473; 09-16-2014 at 05:48.
DeathChaos25
Old 09-16-2014 , 07:45   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
You could just do that yourself you know. Just add it to the talker. You have basically everything you need. You got the lines, you got the criteria, you got the concept. all you need to do is copy the entire response/rules part of these lines and exchange the concept for the no mercy elevator ride for the hotel one.
sorry but I'm a bit baffled how you come here for every vocal concern/idea you have and expect deathchaos to come up with something without even doing some research yourself (this is regarding the lines from above) or showing how you tried to tackle the issue yourself but got stuck and posting what you've tried..
I don't really mind the requests too much, bit I do agree that some research should've been done in this instance, as this can be easily accomplished within the talker files, and I think you don't need to copy/paste too much?

Also, I THINK L4D survivors don't actually have an elevator conversation in No Mercy 4?

I could be wrong though.
Old 09-16-2014 , 09:06   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #48

They are in finales_dlc2.txt. but some are not event specific but merely go well together ( i suppose these are added by baz? ).. like francis "I ain't gonna let these goddamn vampires beat me" (it's one of his "being black and white" lines reused here)

Last edited by id5473; 09-16-2014 at 09:09.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2014 , 11:46   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #49

I'm only throwing ideas out there, im not telling anyone to stop what their doing to work on something else.

Deathchaos has done more than enough already with the vocalize specials fix and death animation fix, even going as far as providing a newer character select plugin for public use. Which is a lot these days considering Left 4 Dead 2 is a dead ass game that hasn't been touched by Valve really since XMAS 2013, with most of the playerbase and coders just in a holding pattern for some formal L4D3 announcement. Which likely won't happen until early next year alongside Source 2. With the game itself likely not launching until November 2015.

Whatever else Deathchaos provides or other coders at this point in the game's lifecycle should just be considered gravy at this point.

Last edited by Sev; 09-16-2014 at 11:57.
DeathChaos25
Old 09-16-2014 , 14:17   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
I'm only throwing ideas out there, im not telling anyone to stop what their doing to work on something else.

Deathchaos has done more than enough already with the vocalize specials fix and death animation fix, even going as far as providing a newer character select plugin for public use. Which is a lot these days considering Left 4 Dead 2 is a dead ass game that hasn't been touched by Valve really since XMAS 2013, with most of the playerbase and coders just in a holding pattern for some formal L4D3 announcement. Which likely won't happen until early next year alongside Source 2. With the game itself likely not launching until November 2015.

Whatever else Deathchaos provides or other coders at this point in the game's lifecycle should just be considered gravy at this point.
Don't forget the "I'll eventually stop procrastinating and finish/release it at some point" Fake Zoey™℠® plugin I'm working on.

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 09-16-2014 at 15:32.