Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2016 , 16:00   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4661

Quote:
Originally Posted by 343N View Post
So I'm getting and I google it and I see the post int he thread saying it'll be worked on but I downloaded the latest from github and it still doesn't work

edit: so i realised i have to compile it (silly me) and it mostly compiles fine except for umc-core which returns with this
You must be trying to use 3.4.x for CS:GO, TF2, or some other game. If you did deeper, you will see that Powerlord marked this as a work in progress, with low priority. The only thing I could suggest would be to roll back your SM to something compatible with one of the 3.4.x (6 or 7) that are posted as .zip files, peppered throughout this thread. I think there is a 3.4.6b or something even out there. Other than that, you'll have to put your coding hat on, wait for Powerlord, or just use another mapchooser solution.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
olokos
Old 07-31-2016 , 19:37   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
As far as I know, UMC doesn't ever "grey out" any maps, it will remove them entirely from the list...but you have to tell it to do this. First make sure that you have disabled all of the built in SM plugins (as noted in bold red on the "Installation" section of the OP). Also note that UMC doesn't use your default maplist.txt, it uses it's own maplist (and optionally separate maplists for different modules) umc_mapcycle.txt. If you are just setting up UMC for the first time, you must configure it for you game & server. Please go through each .cfg file line by line, and look at the notes in the default umc_mapcycle.txt line by line at least once. This will solve 90% of your problems. Next, read the documentation in the OP and linked to in the OP. This will solve another 5-9%. If you still have issues, post what game you are hosting and your umc_mapcycle.txt (and any other mapcycle files you have configured UMC to use).
Well, I've been playing on a server that just greyed out maps voted and put "last played" next to it so it would be obvious to others why this map isn't available. I did already go through all of the configs but I can't figure it out. I even tried googling to no avail.
I'm hosting CS:GO Surf thats using ckSurf plugin.

I did restart the server many times.

Here's my umc_mapcycle.txt

"umc_mapcycle"
{
"Tier 1"
{
"maps_invote" "3"
"command" "mp_timelimit 20;mp_roundtime 20;mp_restartgame 1"
"surf_aircontrol_ksf" { "display" "surf_aircontrol_ksf (T1 L)" }
"surf_beginner" { "display" "surf_beginner (T1 7S)" }
"surf_derpis_ksf" { "display" "surf_derpis_ksf (T1 6S)" }
"surf_forbidden_ways_ksf" { "display" "surf_forbidden_ways_ksf (T1 L B)" }
"surf_kitsune" { "display" "surf_kitsune (T1 9S)" }
"surf_lux" { "display" "surf_lux (T1 L)" }
"surf_mesa" { "display" "surf_mesa (T1 L)" }
"surf_utopia_njv" { "display" "surf_utopia_njv (T1 L)" }
"surf_utopia_v3" { "display" "surf_utopia_v3 (T1 L)" }
"surf_colum_up" { "display" "surf_colum_up (T1 6S)" }
"surf_leet_xl_beta7z" { "display" "surf_leet_xl_beta7z (L)" }
"surf_borderlands" { "display" "surf_borderlands (T1 7S)" }
"surf_prelude_ksf" { "display" "surf_prelude_ksf (T1 L B)" }
}
"Tier 2"
{
"maps_invote" "2"
"command" "mp_timelimit 25;mp_roundtime 25;mp_restartgame 1"
"surf_rainbow" { "display" "surf_rainbow (T2 L B)" }
"surf_rookie" { "display" "surf_rookie (T2 18S)" }
"surf_simpsons_go_rc2" { "display" "surf_simpsons_go_rc2 (T2 10S)" }
"surf_classics2" { "display" "surf_classics2 (T2 9S)" }
"surf_how2surf" { "display" "surf_how2surf (T2 21S)" }
}
"Tier 3"
{
"maps_invote" "0"
"command" "mp_timelimit 30;mp_roundtime 30;mp_restartgame 1"
"surf_boring" { "display" "surf_boring (T3 16S)" }
}
}

Last edited by olokos; 07-31-2016 at 19:39.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2016 , 13:11   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4663

Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
Well, I've been playing on a server that just greyed out maps voted and put "last played" next to it so it would be obvious to others why this map isn't available. I did already go through all of the configs but I can't figure it out. I even tried googling to no avail.
I'm hosting CS:GO Surf thats using ckSurf plugin.

I did restart the server many times.

Here's my umc_mapcycle.txt

"umc_mapcycle"
{
"Tier 1"
{
"maps_invote" "3"
"command" "mp_timelimit 20;mp_roundtime 20;mp_restartgame 1"
"surf_aircontrol_ksf" { "display" "surf_aircontrol_ksf (T1 L)" }
"surf_beginner" { "display" "surf_beginner (T1 7S)" }
"surf_derpis_ksf" { "display" "surf_derpis_ksf (T1 6S)" }
"surf_forbidden_ways_ksf" { "display" "surf_forbidden_ways_ksf (T1 L B)" }
"surf_kitsune" { "display" "surf_kitsune (T1 9S)" }
"surf_lux" { "display" "surf_lux (T1 L)" }
"surf_mesa" { "display" "surf_mesa (T1 L)" }
"surf_utopia_njv" { "display" "surf_utopia_njv (T1 L)" }
"surf_utopia_v3" { "display" "surf_utopia_v3 (T1 L)" }
"surf_colum_up" { "display" "surf_colum_up (T1 6S)" }
"surf_leet_xl_beta7z" { "display" "surf_leet_xl_beta7z (L)" }
"surf_borderlands" { "display" "surf_borderlands (T1 7S)" }
"surf_prelude_ksf" { "display" "surf_prelude_ksf (T1 L B)" }
}
"Tier 2"
{
"maps_invote" "2"
"command" "mp_timelimit 25;mp_roundtime 25;mp_restartgame 1"
"surf_rainbow" { "display" "surf_rainbow (T2 L B)" }
"surf_rookie" { "display" "surf_rookie (T2 18S)" }
"surf_simpsons_go_rc2" { "display" "surf_simpsons_go_rc2 (T2 10S)" }
"surf_classics2" { "display" "surf_classics2 (T2 9S)" }
"surf_how2surf" { "display" "surf_how2surf (T2 21S)" }
}
"Tier 3"
{
"maps_invote" "0"
"command" "mp_timelimit 30;mp_roundtime 30;mp_restartgame 1"
"surf_boring" { "display" "surf_boring (T3 16S)" }
}
}
A few things. First and foremost, 3.4.5 doesn't really support CS:GO. You'll have to use 3.4.6x. You'll have to search this thread for those versions. Any UMC beyond 3.4.5 are works in progress by Powerlord. I believe that 3.4.6 was stable once upon a time, I'm not sure right now. 3.4.7 I believe is for TF2, but I'm not really sure - you'll have to dig around this thread and Powerlord's suppository, wherever that is these days.

Check your error logs, they should provide clues. Make sure you set UMC error reporting to verbose.

A few things stick out in your mapcycle file. First, Tier 3 doesn't seem to support any maps. Tiers 1 and 2 also don't support that many maps at all. I'd start out with a simple mapcycle and try to get that working as you want it, then add the options later. Try this:

"umc_mapcycle"
{
"Tier 1"
{
"surf_aircontrol_ksf" {}
"surf_beginner" {}
"surf_derpis_ksf" {}
"surf_forbidden_ways_ksf" {}
"surf_kitsune" {}
"surf_lux" {}
"surf_mesa" {}
"surf_utopia_njv" {}
"surf_utopia_v3" {}
"surf_colum_up" {}
"surf_leet_xl_beta7z" {}
"surf_borderlands" {}
"surf_prelude_ksf" {}
}
"Tier 2"
{
"surf_rainbow" {}
"surf_rookie" {}
"surf_simpsons_go_rc2" {}
"surf_classics2" {}
"surf_how2surf" {}
}
}

It looks like you are trying to run either a group vote, or a tiered vote, so I need to see your ultimate-mapchooser.cfg. You should really try to start with a simple single vote system and get that going before you go to groups or tiered, and without nominations or RTV or other options since there is no sense in spending time on those if the core functions aren't working correctly. Getting UMC to work with CS:GO is difficult enough, and when you through the surf mod in there, that just makes it worse. I do hear tell that it is possible to get UMC to work with that game/mod.

I strongly suggest that you start with a simple mapcycle like the one below, with a single vote (no groups or tiers) and no extra stuff like nominations or RTV - disable those for now:

"umc_mapcycle"
{
"Tier 1"
{
"surf_aircontrol_ksf" {}
"surf_beginner" {}
"surf_derpis_ksf" {}
"surf_forbidden_ways_ksf" {}
"surf_kitsune" {}
"surf_lux" {}
"surf_mesa" {}
"surf_utopia_njv" {}
"surf_utopia_v3" {}
"surf_colum_up" {}
"surf_leet_xl_beta7z" {}
"surf_borderlands" {}
"surf_prelude_ksf" {}
}
}

Let's get this working and go from there.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 08-01-2016 at 13:12.
343N
Old 08-03-2016 , 02:57   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4664

so okay, I've compiled the latest version of everything (sans umc-core) and am using 3.4.6b's core with the other brand new plugins and it seems to work fine, however, every map change/vote my console is SPAMMED with UMC debug messages, is there anyway to get rid of this, it makes the server log file massive.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2016 , 16:23   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4665

Quote:
Originally Posted by 343N View Post
so okay, I've compiled the latest version of everything (sans umc-core) and am using 3.4.6b's core with the other brand new plugins and it seems to work fine, however, every map change/vote my console is SPAMMED with UMC debug messages, is there anyway to get rid of this, it makes the server log file massive.
You have a few options. First, you want to make sure that your UMC error logging isn't set to verbose, which it isn't by default, so unless you 've changed it sm_umc_logging_verbose should already be set to 0. You can control SM logging options in your core.cfg. You can turn the game logging off with a "log off" in the console or your server.cfg. There's some logging options shown here (just search the page for the word "log"). I'm not sure about the channels, that's something new to me. You might want to play with that and see if you can get UMC to log to a null channel or something.

The last option is to recode and fix the errors. Actually, there is one more option, which I think is the best - leave it. If you aren't running out of disk space and it's not lagging anything, leave the log as it is. The more information, the better, even if it is just error spam that you already know about. You can easily write something, even using a batch file perhaps, to clean that file of all lines containing "UMC" each time you boot and/or at certain time intervals.

My plugins:
TrappaTroopa
Old 08-23-2016 , 15:43   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4666

So I used to have a very populer 1v1 and Surf Server. I took about a 4 month break and now that I am back I am trying get UMC3 working again. I keep getting this error in my Log and The Map End Vote never starts.

Code:
[umc-endvote.smx] Unable to create end of map vote time-trigger, trigger time already passed.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2016 , 16:46   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4667

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappaTroopa View Post
So I used to have a very populer 1v1 and Surf Server. I took about a 4 month break and now that I am back I am trying get UMC3 working again. I keep getting this error in my Log and The Map End Vote never starts.

Code:
[umc-endvote.smx] Unable to create end of map vote time-trigger, trigger time already passed.
Right. What the error message probably means is that there is a conflict between sm_umc_endvote_starttime and mp_timelimit. sm_umc_endvote_starttime defaults to 6, so if your mp_timelimit is less than that, or even to close to it, the trigger for UMC will never be set up. I believe mp_timelimit only accepts integers, but I believe you can specify a decimal for sm_umc_endvote_starttime. I always had my UMC trigger off of rounds, not map time, but I really don't know much about surf servers. You have in your umc-endvote.cfg options to set up triggers for map time, rounds won, and frags. These correspond to mp_timelimit, mp_winlimit, and mp_fraglimit.

My plugins:
TrappaTroopa
Old 08-23-2016 , 17:54   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Right. What the error message probably means is that there is a conflict between sm_umc_endvote_starttime and mp_timelimit. sm_umc_endvote_starttime defaults to 6, so if your mp_timelimit is less than that, or even to close to it, the trigger for UMC will never be set up. I believe mp_timelimit only accepts integers, but I believe you can specify a decimal for sm_umc_endvote_starttime. I always had my UMC trigger off of rounds, not map time, but I really don't know much about surf servers. You have in your umc-endvote.cfg options to set up triggers for map time, rounds won, and frags. These correspond to mp_timelimit, mp_winlimit, and mp_fraglimit.
Ok so I am trying to get this working for my Surf Server Currently. So b4 I used to have it setup based on time. so I had mp_timelimit=20 and sm_umc_endvote_starttime = 6.

This used to work fine but not anymore. Right now I have my timelimit set to 5 and sm_umc_endvote_starttime = 2 just for testing purposes. The vote never comes up and the Round timer hits 0 and never changes map. I can RTV though since that is a separate plugin. What should I try?

Last edited by TrappaTroopa; 08-23-2016 at 17:55.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2016 , 19:05   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4669

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappaTroopa View Post
Ok so I am trying to get this working for my Surf Server Currently. So b4 I used to have it setup based on time. so I had mp_timelimit=20 and sm_umc_endvote_starttime = 6.

This used to work fine but not anymore. Right now I have my timelimit set to 5 and sm_umc_endvote_starttime = 2 just for testing purposes. The vote never comes up and the Round timer hits 0 and never changes map. I can RTV though since that is a separate plugin. What should I try?
It's hard to say what the issue is without more data. While you have your server in test mode, check the server and error logs. You can also set UMC error messages to verbose in the .cfgs, and you should do that while testing. Is your server CS:S or CS:GO? Do surf servers have rounds or frags? Check to see if you still have the same error message as last time. Also, we need to make sure you are using the correct versions of MM:S, SM, and UMC. Let me know all of those versions. If this Surf server is based off of a CS:GO server, then UMC 3.4.5 probably won't work, you'll need 3.4.6 or 3.4.7.

My plugins:
szogun
Old 08-24-2016 , 14:31   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4670

L 08/24/2016 - 18:29:00: Info (map "aim_deagle") (file "errors_20160824.log")
L 08/24/2016 - 18:29:00: [SM] Unable to load plugin "umc-maprate-reweight.smx": Native "BfWriteString" was not found
L 08/24/2016 - 18:44:41: Error log file session closed.
L 08/24/2016 - 18:44:41: SourceMod error session started