0% 

AdminmodX - A port of some adminmod commands

Post New Thread Reply   

XxKpAznGuyxX
Old 05-19-2005 , 00:57  
Reply With Quote #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr!ppler
how do i make it where it doesnt play a sound or make a message when i put on godmode or noclip
well to not play the sounds don't put the sound files in the server and about the msg text zor said he will make a cvar that will enable or disable the msg text.
24/7 Chicago Terror-8.9.2.120:27015
Send a message via AIM to XxKpAznGuyxX Send a message via MSN to XxKpAznGuyxX
D_Hawk
Veteran Member
Old 05-22-2005 , 11:21  
Reply With Quote #352

Hi.

I don't really like the built in responses to commands and they aren't very consistent with the rest of AMXx, so I decided to change them. If anyone wants more straight to the point responses here you go.

The file goes in <moddir>/addons/amxmodx/data/lang/ .

You will need to mess around with the original SMA and recompile it too or else it won't look good. I'll post a version of the edited SMA soon.

PS Zor I don't mean to insult you I love this plugin I just don't feel it's consistent with the rest of AMXx. Also I'd be happy to remove this if you want I just want people to have an alternative.
Attached Files
File Type: txt adminmodx.txt (8.9 KB, 139 views)
Zor
Veteran Member
Old 05-23-2005 , 12:17  
Reply With Quote #353

@D_Hawk

First off D_Hawk, I got no problem with this if ppl want to use it. But, you need to fix it up as I think that there are problems, first being that you are using [AMX], of which this is not. No offense to the AMX guys, but they went stagnant for a long time, then BAILOPAN and the guys put some BIG work into opening up AMX, but as Olo DIDN'T want ppl working on the code they had to goto amxmodx. So therefore its an affront to them as well as the community that grew up around them to use the [AMX] where it should be [AMXx] or some such. I attemp to make my plugins different to show solidarity with Amxmodx...not always easy. So, if you wish to repair your upload please, I would be much obliged. As well, the newest version will have some changes within the lang file, so once it comes out, you may wish to change it over.

Cheers!
Old 05-24-2005 , 04:24  
Reply With Quote #354

Wehn ever i try to use noclip, or godmode, or a few other commands for this plugin, it never works, I type amx_godall, and it sys this

Usage: amx_godall - Sets all players to god mode

now if im not mistaking, thats telling me what the command does right? Why is it telling me what it does, rather then making it work? COuld it be the fact that i have another plugin installed called allinone, which also has the godmode feature?
Send a message via AIM to brettyboy879
D_Hawk
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2005 , 06:12  
Reply With Quote #355

Zor: Ok here's the "patched" version until you come out with yours. I give up on the sma file lol... I'm a coding idiot and I don't know how to rearrange things so it says "[AMXx] Hawk has used godmode on Hawk" rather than "[AMXx] Hawk has on Hawk used godmode." The only thing I didn't really like is the message prints on the HUD whenever you use god mode or noclip, because people think you're just saying it when it's "Hawk: has called ...."

And yeah I know about the whole story... I didn't know it was because OLO didn't want them working on it though. I thought they just wanted to start completely new.

brettyboy879: Try "amx_godall 1".
Attached Files
File Type: txt adminmodx.txt (9.0 KB, 135 views)
Zor
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2005 , 08:52  
Reply With Quote #356

@D_Hawk

I have undertaked a whole rework on how I print out stuff for the next release...it will make code a bit more compact...as well as easier to understand. I haven't seen too much else I can trim up to make the entire code smaller. Its a big plugin. But yes I know what you mean...the way I print out is shitty as I did it piece by piece...in chunks and bits and so shit got fubar'd up as I went. Hence the overhaul. So everyone plz be patient. I also am thinking about saying screw it and have a menu for each and every command, this would make my life soooo much easier...I was trying to accomplish this via a group menu...but f!f that! Hehheheh...anyway...Im going to get back to work on that.

Cheers!
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2005 , 17:55  
Reply With Quote #357

A menu cool... can't you just use client commands menu though? The defaults built into it are pretty stupid... oh yeah I'm going to go to the client commands menu and hit 8 3 times so I can kick someone rather than just going to the kick menu.

Anyways I look forward to the next release
Proach
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2005 , 17:58  
Reply With Quote #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor
@D_Hawk

I have undertaked a whole rework on how I print out stuff for the next release...it will make code a bit more compact...as well as easier to understand. I haven't seen too much else I can trim up to make the entire code smaller. Its a big plugin. But yes I know what you mean...the way I print out is shitty as I did it piece by piece...in chunks and bits and so shit got fubar'd up as I went. Hence the overhaul. So everyone plz be patient. I also am thinking about saying screw it and have a menu for each and every command, this would make my life soooo much easier...I was trying to accomplish this via a group menu...but f!f that! Hehheheh...anyway...Im going to get back to work on that.

Cheers!

something similair as xerobloods aio menu..
would be really really handy

www.psmod.net (the better psychostats)
PAOL
Send a message via ICQ to Proach
Doc
Old 05-26-2005 , 20:28  
Reply With Quote #359

I tried this out, got all the right modules running, etc.

It says it has done the command

IE: "Player Doc is being beaten around!"

However nothing happens.

I try the reason factor

amx_beat doc 10 Because...

Still no success.

I also get this message in the console:

--------------------------------------------------------------
] amx_beat doc 20
amx_beat SucceededUnknown command: amx_beat
id | Doc: Has Called Beat against: id | Doc
--------------------------------------------------------------

I also hear the "Bitchslap you back to bangcock" sound...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Doc
Old 05-27-2005 , 16:15  
Reply With Quote #360

Maybe it only semi-checks for immunity? Did you try it on someone other than yourself?

Edit: And BTW I get the "Unknown command" message too but it still works fine for me.