Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

New Halflife update killed redirection - counteractions

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DarkGod
SourceMod DarkCrab
Old 07-15-2009 , 17:56   Re: New (CS, maybe later also others mods?) beta kills xREDIRECT - counteractions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8088 View Post
I tried both.

edit: Out of curiosity, I also tried stuff like
HTML Code:
<a href="steam://friends/joingame/765611979[blah]">join friend</a>
but that doesn't work either.
I guess that it doesn't work when the MOTD is up.
Old 07-15-2009 , 20:27   Re: New Halflife update killed redirection - counteractions

Hmm well I guess I quit hl1 mods for good - I'm tired of steam/valve they've done anything for these games other than provide an easy way for kids to hack.

Bye community.
Amendoim
Old 07-15-2009 , 21:40   Re: New Halflife update killed redirection - counteractions

If more is concerned with the xiters of these excellent Plugins, the valve was the best ..

Unfortunately, the valve this time was far from over, I am very presisar and the plugin! I know that all of the code, modify it again to try to achieve by the plugin to work ..

Thanks to all who are trying, and good luck, many account with you ;)
platzpatrone
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2009 , 22:33   Re: New Halflife update killed redirection - counteractions

Hello,

crap valve ruins things again

i tried something and maybe this can be done in the plugin.

first: i created in my cstrike folder a file called "xredirect.cfg" with

connect IP : PORT in it.

then i put in my server this command to test this:

amx_exec MYNICK "exec xredirect.cfg"

and it redirects me to the given IP : PORT in this xredirect.cfg

so maybe u can do the plugin to write such a .cfg file to connect to the choosen server.

another idea:

if it is able to do is. if u connect to a server with redirect plugin installed u have to download depends on the servers in serverlist.ini a few .cfg files called like the IP and PORT (eg. 127-0-0-1-27100.cfg) but with the real ip then and the xredirect plugin executes on the player side those config file
like 127-0-0-1-27100.cfg for the choosen server in the redirection menu

this way with the .cfg file called with the given IP : PORTS are unique so if it is able to code and create files on client side then this can be our whole solution.

Last edited by platzpatrone; 07-15-2009 at 22:36.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2009 , 02:03   Re: New Halflife update killed redirection - counteractions

Quote:
Originally Posted by platzpatrone View Post
so maybe u can do the plugin to write such a .cfg file to connect to the choosen server.
and here is the problem. there is a "writecfg" command but it even fails when i execute it locally. so i don't know of any way how i could write this command to a config.
also offering it as download when a user connects does not work, valve had blocked that some years ago already.
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2009 , 05:02   Re: New Halflife update killed redirection - counteractions

Sorry if i'm saying bullshit, but i tried "Connect" instead of "connect" and it worked.
Old 07-16-2009 , 05:11   Re: New Halflife update killed redirection - counteractions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquimandrade View Post
Sorry if i'm saying bullshit, but i tried "Connect" instead of "connect" and it worked.
It works, it fucking works!

VALVe's failure this time is probably the worst one for quite some time.
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2009 , 05:46   Re: New Halflife update killed redirection - counteractions

I'm not a Valve hater nor lover but I think is stupid that they care with this minimal stuff of users being redirected and don't do nothing about cheaters. VAC is outdated and the delayed ban stuff is bullshit. If I leave my server without admins some time it turns into a jungle. I have some 6-10 cheaters per day. And of course, proved as cheaters. That is fucking annoying and makes CS look bad. Not a user being redirected to other server.

Sorry for going off topic.

Last edited by joaquimandrade; 07-16-2009 at 05:51.
alexinno
Old 07-16-2009 , 06:48   Re: New Halflife update killed redirection - counteractions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquimandrade View Post
I'm not a Valve hater nor lover but I think is stupid that they care with this minimal stuff of users being redirected and don't do nothing about cheaters. VAC is outdated and the delayed ban stuff is bullshit. If I leave my server without admins some time it turns into a jungle. I have some 6-10 cheaters per day. And of course, proved as cheaters. That is fucking annoying and makes CS look bad. Not a user being redirected to other server.

Sorry for going off topic.
and how right you are ... maybe somebody will write a mail to them with this message or post it on steamforums

[IMG]http://img188.**************/img188/5787/banner2rcw.png[/IMG]
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2009 , 07:08   Re: New Halflife update killed redirection - counteractions

it seriously works? you're kidding me! cmon!
i am at work now but if it really works i will release an "update" this evening.

we should still keep this thread active and try other variants. valve WILL find out about this again and release the next update that kills this workaround again. we just won a little time.