Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2: sm_endofmap_vote

Post New Thread Reply   

Neo_Bahamut_19
Old 01-01-2008 , 05:16   TF2: sm_endofmap_vote
Reply With Quote #1

Can we please get a plugin for something like a sm_endofmap_vote (voting near the end of the map to choose the next map that everyone can participate in) function that is on by default where we can adjust how far before the end of a map the vote happens? This is the only thing keeping me from using the SourceMod admin plugin by itself, I am having to use Mani for the next map votes and it is rather annoying... especially since the menus disappear within 4 seconds...
Old 01-01-2008 , 08:08   Re: TF2: sm_endofmap_vote
Reply With Quote #2

I'ts built in, you'll need to copy mapchooser.smx into your plugins directory (by default it is placed in /addons/sourcemod/plugins/disabled). It's currently a bit buggy for TF2 though, although timebased votes work, round-based votes do not work correctly. Check out FS#1278.

Last edited by Brainstorm; 01-01-2008 at 08:12.
Kaishi
Old 01-03-2008 , 03:56   Re: TF2: sm_endofmap_vote
Reply With Quote #3

I modified mapchooser.smx and got it working where the mapvote actually occurs after the end of the last round during the bonustime (super cool imo). However, there are a few minor issues with stalemate rounds, idle rounds, and the dustbowl updates that I haven't had time to fix.

Morale of the story, it is possible in TF2 to have to voting actually occur after the last round, right before the map change.

See FS#1278 (linked above) for the code. If someone REALLY cares and wants me to iron out the bugs and is willing to test it I'll finish it. However, ferret is going to fix it anyway in 1.1.0.

P.S. 4 sec vote menu is fixed in sourcemod now.

Last edited by Kaishi; 01-03-2008 at 04:17.
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-03-2008 , 08:13   Re: TF2: sm_endofmap_vote
Reply With Quote #4

I will attempt to look into this soon, holidays are hectics, and the work weeks immediately following are hectic.
Old 01-26-2008 , 17:23   Re: TF2: sm_endofmap_vote
Reply With Quote #5

map chooser does NOT work guys, I just tried it and it does absolutely nothing... :/

It is possible though to have a end of map vote that you can set the time before the mp_timelimit that the vote will happen, thats is how it works on Mani Admin, and that works perfectly every time...
Old 02-01-2008 , 07:53   Re: TF2: sm_endofmap_vote
Reply With Quote #6

The mapchooser-plugin does also work perfectly! (At least on our gameserver...) We have a tf2-gameserver too and after i enabled the "mapchooser.smx" it starts 3 minutes before the end of map a Vote. I only tested the "time-remaining-feature", but this works!

Unfortunately it doesnt show who votes for which map, but thats a small handicap i think.
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2008 , 09:15   Re: TF2: sm_endofmap_vote
Reply With Quote #7

map chooser does work on my TF2 server and we get a vote 3 minutes (defined in config) before the current map ends however for some reason it doesn't bring up a vote on every map.

I can't see why this happens.
Sometimes we get a vote and sometimes the next map in the map cycle is loaded.

Looking forward to the new system that we've been promised is being developed.
Old 02-02-2008 , 02:03   Re: TF2: sm_endofmap_vote
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One View Post
map chooser does work on my TF2 server and we get a vote 3 minutes (defined in config) before the current map ends however for some reason it doesn't bring up a vote on every map.

I can't see why this happens.
Sometimes we get a vote and sometimes the next map in the map cycle is loaded.

Looking forward to the new system that we've been promised is being developed.
I get the same error as you with it not appearing on some maps... >_>
Appears to be random though for me...