Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.9) [11-Dec-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

strikeraot
Old 01-31-2022 , 08:57   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDaBomb View Post
yeah this plugin has always had a weird quirk to it (or i should say the game does lol), if you install it onto a Dedicated Server then only players that dont use custom models will see normal crawling animations, otherwise custom models from the workshop etc. will more than likely be skewed and messed up, unless the custom model doesnt change animations of the survivor it replaces.
(for example a lot of the models that change the male survivors to female models are set to use Zoeys animations on that survivor)

if you install it into your own Client game files and run a Local Host or Single Player then everything works fine for normal and custom models, im really not sure why either its kinda strange, im guessing it has something to do with the single player / local host for the game, cuz i remember a thing where you can just edit the .mdl file with a hex editor the sloppy way and change the survivor it replaces, but it only works with anims in single player, if you try to connect to a server then the model stands at the T pose, so the model has to be actually compiled properly with the proper survivor in mind cuz they all use different animation locations or IDs for the type of anim thats used.
(or something like that, its been a while so i cant remember)

-
so basically, if you use it on a dedicated server the default stuff will work fine but custom models will probably be messed up, or if your planning on installing this plugin and SM etc. into your own game files you can just go for it cuz it seems to work fine all around

before the LS update i remember even inviting a friend in with their own custom models and it worked fine for her too. . . which i found even more strange, i figured it would work for me but not other players joining my Local Host match, although theres a chance the model she had didnt change the anims cuz i dont remember checking that, but im not sure if it still works that way for Local since the LS update
i thought that only my server has this weird glitch xd
spaghettipastaman
Old 02-11-2022 , 15:32   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I don't see how that would break the animation. Do you mean the crawling animation works but the glow is not following the crawling animation and static as if the client was just sat there? I can't test this on my own. Do you have a video?
Turns out I'm a dumbass. The issue was that I thought the animation got disabled because the glow didn't line up with the animation. I apologize.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-11-2022 , 16:15   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettipastaman View Post
Turns out I'm a dumbass. The issue was that I thought the animation got disabled because the glow didn't line up with the animation. I apologize.
I think I should remove the glow option and just disable it when crawling. I don't think theres any fix to make the glow actually work correctly with the crawl animation.
Old 02-12-2022 , 05:05   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I think I should remove the glow option and just disable it when crawling. I don't think theres any fix to make the glow actually work correctly with the crawl animation.
I still think the glow is a great addition despite it has no animation. It help me and my friends see each other while crawling in closed space. Default the convar value to 0 as it is right now is fine.

Looking for some fun!
knifeeeee
Old 08-07-2022 , 21:19   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #255

PHP Code:
//// l4d2_incapped_crawling.sp
//
// l4d2_incapped_crawling.sp(551) : warning 242: function "TimerRoundStart" should return an explicit value
// l4d2_incapped_crawling.sp(607) : warning 242: function "TimerResetStart" should return an explicit value
// l4d2_incapped_crawling.sp(607) : warning 242: function "TimerResetStart" should return an explicit value
// l4d2_incapped_crawling.sp(694) : warning 242: function "PlayAnim" should return an explicit value
// l4d2_incapped_crawling.sp(694) : warning 242: function "PlayAnim" should return an explicit value
// Code size:         20788 bytes
// Data size:         7320 bytes
// Stack/heap size:      16760 bytes
// Total requirements:   44868 bytes
//
// 6 Warnings. 
1.11+need update,plz
Hawkins
Old 08-08-2022 , 00:56   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeeeee View Post
PHP Code:
//// l4d2_incapped_crawling.sp
//
// l4d2_incapped_crawling.sp(551) : warning 242: function "TimerRoundStart" should return an explicit value
// Code size:         20788 bytes
// Data size:         7320 bytes
// Stack/heap size:      16760 bytes
// Total requirements:   44868 bytes
//
// 6 Warnings. 
1.11+need update,plz
Its just compilation warnings, the functionality is the same. If it really disturbs you, just put
Code:
return Plugin_Continue;
at the end of those functions (instead of just return).

Last edited by Hawkins; 08-08-2022 at 00:58.
Sam B
Old 09-12-2022 , 01:24   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.6) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #257

Is it possible to make bots use crawling to escape fire and spit?
apples1949
Old 01-02-2023 , 07:11   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.9) [11-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #258

Added Simplified Chinese
ps:The changelog mentions that Chinese translated text was added in 2.7a, but I didn't find it in the downloaded file, so I uploaded the Chinese text file I used myself.
Attached Files
File Type: txt incappedcrawling.phrases.txt (79 Bytes, 65 views)