Raised This Month: $22 Target: $400
 5% 

Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1


Post New Thread Closed Thread   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 12-12-2015 , 13:07   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1
#31

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenKal View Post
people doesn't share my different opinions
Yeah, clearly the developers of AMX Mod X have an idea of ethics unlike yourself.
__________________
fysiks is offline
Old 12-12-2015, 14:21
WildCard65
This message has been deleted by WildCard65.
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Old 12-12-2015 , 14:53   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1
#32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
Maybe because Alliedmodders is based in the US so it has to obey the laws of the US
As if there is a country where no-steam server is legitimately legal.
Potato Uno is offline
Old 12-12-2015, 15:01
Fr33m@n
This message has been deleted by Fr33m@n.
PartialCloning
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Old 12-13-2015 , 12:10   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1
#33

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenKal View Post
It maybe sounds like something "horrible" for most of you, because you seem to aim the worst part of the thing and lets imagine all/end possibilities this can be able to do. As I explained a bit on the beggining of my previous message, we can do a lot by thinking this way.
And not everyone has such access, only ME, its developer, for various and obvious reasons.
And by default, people wasn't supposed to know that, this was hidden for obvious reasons too.
Only programmers who knows well about decompilation could that (and by attempt to looking for such stuff).
No luck for me, someone I hate did and took pleasure to expose that publicly.
It is horrible, and you already abused it. The only reason it's hidden is because you know even fewer people would use amxmod if they found out about it. You think you're the only one that has access, but as with all other backdoors there is always a risk of others using those backdoors, as if just you having it is not a big of a risk as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenKal View Post
Most of you are "probably" also pro-alliedmodders's politic, pro-open, pro-legit, pro-legal-Steam, pro-laws, pro-social..., while I tend to make my own laws with the program I'm working on. So a such behavior which is, "thinking the other way", offends/shakes your minds hard! I know, I know, but just to be clear, this won't change for your satisfaction.
Now you're just trying to diverge attention from the real issue. You have a backdoor that gives you total control over a server, this isn't thinking outside the box or trying something different, that's just being a control freak. Why even bother publicly releasing it at this point, just run it in your own servers and be done with it. Either that or you need to rethink your approach and understand why what you're saying makes no sense at all.
PartialCloning is offline
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Serbia
Old 12-13-2015 , 17:57   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1
#34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
As if there is a country where no-steam server is legitimately legal.
There actually are. Not that it is legal (piracy is probably illegal everywhere), but in some countries such laws are not enforced. People are free to use pirated software, and nobody is taking action against that.
I live in such country, and I am not proud of it either. Even though I can use pirated software freely, I always try not to.

P.S. Sorry for going off-topic.
klippy is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 12-13-2015 , 18:02   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1
#35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
There actually are. Not that it is legal (piracy is probably illegal everywhere), but in some countries such laws are not enforced. People are free to use pirated software, and nobody is taking action against that.
I live in such country, and I am not proud of it either. Even though I can use pirated software freely, I always try not to.

P.S. Sorry for going off-topic.
Just because it's not enforced doesn't make it legal as you have implied.
__________________
fysiks is offline
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Serbia
Old 12-13-2015 , 18:24   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1
#36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Just because it's not enforced doesn't make it legal as you have implied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
Not that it is legal (piracy is probably illegal everywhere), but in some countries such laws are not enforced.
I've never said it is, I am aware it is illegal.
klippy is offline
Misery
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Old 12-14-2015 , 17:28   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1
#37

StevenKal what exactly do you think makes your AMX worth anyways?
Because you say "I support non steam"? AMXX can be used on non-steam very easily anyways.

You put this stuff in your mod, those commands, and you come here saying "I will continue doing this" instead of maybe (even if you're totally discredited now) trying to apologize and trying to maybe make up for it... idk maybe by stating you will remove those, or even better, opening up the code?

What kind of credibility you think you have as a dev now? Well, next to none is the correct answer.

Second, you "dev" that under closed source. What kind of value has this? Your final product will surely be less optimized than the AMXX counterpart. This wouldn't be the case if you had theoric software experience that would outmatch what AM devs have (not stating they are the best out there either, but they do have some), but I doubt you have. I would think you are pretty subpar as a programmer, more an amateur than a professional.

By opening your source at least you could make your product a bit better, as you would get outside support from people more experienced than you. It's not really hard to figure AMX will be outperformed by AMXX : more heads working on it, more expertise, open source model, etc.
Your product has no value against AMXX, it's a pale copy of it.

Had you done a new kind of system that provides, I don't know, maybe python-based scripting, that would make it stand against AMXX, and there could be advantages to such a system. But what you are doing is a mere copy. You're wasting your time on this anyways. The only logical conclusion to this is probably that you dev AMX only to have this kind of special control you granted yourself in those bins, and you probably copy a ton of shit from AMXX as well.

Last edited by Misery; 12-14-2015 at 17:32.
Misery is offline
Depresie
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2013
Old 12-15-2015 , 07:55   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1
#38

taking seriously and responding to what that guy posted, makes you a complete idiot...
what a moron he is tho...

good job arkshine, as always, you are flawless

Last edited by Depresie; 12-15-2015 at 10:32.
Depresie is offline
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Join Date: Dec 2011
Old 12-16-2015 , 00:32   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1
#39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
Dude just fucking GTFO and leave before you make yourself an bigger ass (if you haven't reached the point of maximum assholery already). Nobody wants your backdoor-infected addon, nobody cares about your project, nobody gives a fuck about non-steam servers.

It's pretty shameful to see someone with this much coding knowledge lack any sense of morals.
I'm not familiar with AMX at all, but I had to read this entire thread and I second the movement to tell Steven to GTFO.

What kind of half-baked idiot would think doing this would be a good idea? That gigantic first post he did where he laid out his demands, admitted that he would use the backdoor to fuck with people's servers if those people disrespected him, and basically came off sounding fucking retarded (pardon my language) was just pathetic and a waste of my reading time.

Get lost Steven, ya cheeky twat.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 12-16-2015 at 00:51.
404UserNotFound is offline
Jakeey802
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Old 12-22-2015 , 23:33   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1
#40

hahahah what a meme
Jakeey802 is offline
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode