Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Setmaster Invalid ????

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

pokemonmaster
princess milk
Old 12-15-2011 , 05:43   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedd View Post
For the last time. Show the full output, not just what you want use to see.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT "output"?
Give an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks
You keep talking about "if Steam is running" and it makes absolutely no sense. The Steam client in no way affects the Steam master servers or a HLDS.
Forget about Steam.
I'll tell you what, why when i open server this error shows?
Code:
12/13/11 18:06:12 : Failed to load Steam Service (3) 
12/13/11 18:06:12 : ServiceStart: failed to start (1060)
When this shows, it means server is not in the master list.
Is there a fix?

Last edited by pokemonmaster; 12-15-2011 at 05:46.
BrownBear
Old 01-02-2012 , 22:24   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmaster View Post
The Only problem i have is that when i start server while Steam is running it can not be seen in the Masterlist (server browser)

In other words.... if steam is running while opening the server .... it can't add master servers.
It might be your server problem cause steam does not effect your server visibility in the server browser. oh and btw did you downlaod the HLDS from steam or you download it at somewhere else? if you downloaded at steam means
its your server setting problem if you downloaded at other place means it not legit thats why not working even if you bought steam
Old 01-07-2012 , 13:11   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear
It might be your server problem cause steam does not effect your server visibility in the server browser. oh and btw did you downlaod the HLDS from steam or you download it at somewhere else? if you downloaded at steam means
its your server setting problem if you downloaded at other place means it not legit thats why not working even if you bought steam
At the first, i downloaded the server from Steam but it had an error which said "Unable to initialize Steam" or something like that.
Then i downloaded a dedicated server, from HLDS Update tool.

Is that illegal ?
mohsen9010
Old 01-07-2012 , 16:40   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

valve not support your country
BrownBear
Old 01-09-2012 , 01:32   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmaster View Post
At the first, i downloaded the server from Steam but it had an error which said "Unable to initialize Steam" or something like that.
Then i downloaded a dedicated server, from HLDS Update tool.

Is that illegal ?
No its not illegal but the HLDS Update tool did u get it from a Legal steam game directory?
Old 04-04-2012 , 12:37   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You keep talking about "if Steam is running" and it makes absolutely no sense. The Steam client in no way affects the Steam master servers or a HLDS.
Yes, I realize this is an old thread, but the issue is valid and still remains. Having HLDS and steam installed on the same computer MOST DEFINITELY DOES AFFECT the setmaster commands for HLDS.

If you have steam and your dedicated server on the same computer, even if steam is not running, your server will never get added to the Server Browser or be seen on gametiger/gamemonitor. It will also spam the server console with "♥MasterRequestRestart Your server is out of date." even if you have everything fully updated. This is with correct steam_appid.txt/steam.inf/liblist.gam files, ports opened and forwarded correctly, sv_region set to 255, VAC authenticating just fine, etc.. Players are able to join through manually adding the IP to their favorites, but still cannot be seen through the server browser.

The supposed workaround is to delete steam, but that is not a viable solution if you are hosting on your home connection while testing plugins and configs before renting a dedicated game server. Supposedly moving the steam folder can achieve the same effect, but for a lot of people that folder is 100+ gb and does not like being moved.

I was able to briefly get my server listed properly after moving my steam folder. But a bit after loading steam while my server was up and connecting to the server to test some plugins, setmaster bugged out again after a server restart. One idea why this is happening is that HLDS may be "borrowing" some DLLs from steam if it is running. This issue has came up on the mailing list the past few days, but no word from Valve yet.
Baghi
Old 04-04-2012 , 17:04   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

^ this guy speaks truth.
Old 04-04-2012 , 18:19   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3volution View Post
your server will never get added to the Server Browser or be seen on gametiger/gamemonitor
Quote:
It will also spam the server console with "wMasterRequestRestart Your server is out of date." even if you have everything fully updated
Friend, do you realize I spent my entire day yesterday and today trying to understand why this was happening to me?

Quote:
The supposed workaround is to delete steam
This has solved it. I just deleted Steam from my server and all the problems disappeared. This has to be stickied somewhere - the information is golden!

May I ask how you found out about this?
Baghi
Old 04-04-2012 , 19:29   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by denious View Post
May I ask how you found out about this?
https://list.valvesoftware.com/cgi-b...il/071200.html
Old 04-05-2012 , 00:28   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baghi View Post
I appreciate that, Baghi, very interesting place!
Closed Thread