Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)

Post New Thread Reply   

Jillchang
Old 04-23-2017 , 04:50   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowTigerVidz View Post
Hey, I edited the plugin (hardly), Added color and added a little mechanic which freezes the medics for 80 seconds, and announces once they are unfrozen (I used a sourcemod timer, and it starts on round start, so on mapchange it seems to be a lil buggy)

Note : Uses sm_freeze for roundstart
Note : removed the advertisement for where to get the plugin from.
Did you run into the edict error at all? It happens when I get more than 20 players or sometimes after 10 mins of playing with 20+ players.
shewowkees
Old 04-23-2017 , 08:58   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Hey, I edited the plugin (hardly), Added color and added a little mechanic which freezes the medics for 80 seconds, and announces once they are unfrozen (I used a sourcemod timer, and it starts on round start, so on mapchange it seems to be a lil buggy)

Note : Uses sm_freeze for roundstart
Note : removed the advertisement for where to get the plugin from
Sorry i hadn't seen you've done that, i was already working on my own implementation of those features :$. But thanks for the help anyway !

Quote:
Seems like mod is unstable. I get the edict overflow, and I bet it is due to the teamchange functionality.

We had a old plugin where when players constantly try to join a restricted team, the weapons will constantly spawn and delete, causing edits to overflow.

Happened when more than 23 players joined I believe.
Well i just released a new version (1.1) in the first thread's message :p. I've added a cleaning weapons and ammos feature (because the balancing algorithm works mainly by luck lol) so the edict overflow should go away.
I've also improved spawning algorithm (just a bit).

Quote:
4) How do we make setup time longer in the beginning so engies have time to set up?
I've added a Cvar to control that

Quote:
5) Perhaps instead of breaking sentries, make it so it is disabled on pda instead? Like on this plugin https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=642578 you can cvar it to 0 and it doesn't let you even choose sentries.
I read the source code of this plugin and used it to do that ! Of course i credited the author in the code's comments . :p

Could you please tell me if you still get the edict overflow error? Thanks

Last edited by shewowkees; 04-23-2017 at 09:00. Reason: Bad quote
vadia111
Old 04-23-2017 , 10:21   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillchang View Post
You mean remove timelimit on rounds? That should be configurable if added.

no! plss disable This command = mp_idledealmethod "2"

and

Set the value "0" and to compile this version for me ...plsss

Last edited by vadia111; 04-23-2017 at 10:45.
shewowkees
Old 04-23-2017 , 14:47   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
Reply With Quote #14

This command was to prevent last engineers to go spectator thus breaking the game, but i've taken your problem into account and set the maximum idle time to 10 minutes which is more than enough staying idle more than that wouldn't be fun for anyone. However, if you don't agree with me, grap the .sp file, remove this file and compile it on www.sourcemod.net for yourself !

Btw i just released a new update featuring a few bug fixes (1.1.1) .

Last edited by shewowkees; 04-23-2017 at 14:55.
cigzag
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2017 , 16:25   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewowkees View Post
Sorry i hadn't seen you've done that, i was already working on my own implementation of those features :$. But thanks for the help anyway !

Well i just released a new version (1.1) in the first thread's message :p. I've added a cleaning weapons and ammos feature (because the balancing algorithm works mainly by luck lol) so the edict overflow should go away.
I've also improved spawning algorithm
You're working so hard man!, I'll update your new version with colour (nice cvar for freezing), then you I'll upload and you can decide to upload to the original post

Last edited by cigzag; 04-23-2017 at 16:29.
cigzag
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2017 , 16:26   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillchang View Post
Did you run into the edict error at all? It happens when I get more than 20 players or sometimes after 10 mins of playing with 20+ players.
Didn't have time to test, got no way to test acctually
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 04-23-2017 , 16:30   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
Reply With Quote #17

Looking at the plugin posted in the main post, I notice a distinct mix of old and new syntax.

I would advise converting the whole thing over to new syntax and tossing #pragma newdecls required into the plugin and recompiling it to see if there's any errors that need sorting.

Either that, or stick with 100% old syntax. It's never wise to mix.
cigzag
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2017 , 17:22   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UserNotFound View Post
Looking at the plugin posted in the main post, I notice a distinct mix of old and new syntax.

I would advise converting the whole thing over to new syntax and tossing #pragma newdecls required into the plugin and recompiling it to see if there's any errors that need sorting.

I'll do it for shewowkees to get some work off his shoulders, thanks for the help.
shewowkees
Old 04-23-2017 , 17:50   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:

Hmm i had noticed there were two syntaxes but being new to sourcepawn, i don't know which one is the newest :/ is it the one thaught on the wiki? My only concern is untyped variables, they make me puke (never could read a single line of pyhton without feeling a deep frustration).

Quote:
You're working so hard man!, I'll update your new version with colour (nice cvar for freezing), then you I'll upload and you can decide to upload to the original post
Oh, perfect ! I was curious about how you were doing that thing with colors, when i tried your way i just had "{red}" in chat xD. And btw, it's not work if you like it ;) !

Quote:
I'll do it for shewowkees to get some work off his shoulders, thanks for the help.
Thanks for the help dude ! Just tell me which one you use . I'll credit you in the code and in the server announcements . Don't forget i also update my github project for this plugin (more frequently) !
cigzag
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2017 , 17:56   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewowkees View Post
Oh, perfect ! I was curious about how you were doing that thing with colors, when i tried your way i just had "{red}" in chat xD. And btw, it's not work if you like it ;) !!
Gotta include morecolors.inc, which automatticly makes it work. Just when you do PrintToChat or something similiar, add a C at the start. It will become CPrintToChat