Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

BEsaysounds

Post New Thread Reply   

DrToT
Old 07-19-2008 , 19:22   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #101

Servus, Grützi and hallo

That is a great plugin, but my problem is that I have over 700 sounds and I dont won´t that download automaticly.

I wish that sonds playable but not download able.

I have taken away the line for makedownloadable the saysounds, but I have now the problem that if I take the sounds on my pc I don´t hear the sounds although the sounds are played on the server.

I need help pls

So da ich gesehen hab das de aus Deutschland kommst schreib ich den text nochmal auf deutshc fals ich mich ein wenig verkehrt ausgedrückt habe in meinem schlechten englisch.

Das plugin ist super. aber mein problem ist das ich über 700 sounds habe und dies nicht automatisch downloaden lassen will.

Das heißt aber die sounds sollen trotzdem abspielbar sein.

Ich habe die entsprechende Zeile "makedownloadable saysounds" schon rausgenommen und es klappt soweit nur das ich die Sounds dennoch nicht höre, selbst wenn ich sie auf mein Heimischen PC lege.

MfG
DrToT
Kigen
BANNED
Old 07-19-2008 , 19:42   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #102

If they're not downloadable they're not playable.
DreamState
Old 07-28-2008 , 07:24   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #103

This is an excellent plugin and I think it will achieve what I need (and a lot more!).

I would like to have an end-of-map sound play. I have uploaded the plugin and sounds and when I joined the server the sound file downloaded as expected

In my config file I have the following...
Code:
"BEsaysounds" {

"config" {
    "globaldeadtime"    "5.0"   // Dead time for complete saysound system in seconds (after any sound has been played)

// The following 3 values affect the function of the spam filter (and thus can be disabled by user)
    "deadtime"          "45.0"  // Dead time for single sound file in seconds (after this particular sound has been played)
    "maxprosound"       "2"     // Maximum number of playbacks per sound file (in the same round)
    "maxproplayer"      "5"     // Maximum number of playbacks per player (in the same round)
  }

"events" {                    // sounds to be played on events
    "game_end" {
      "file"   "admin_plugin/twk/mapend.mp3"
      "cmsg"   "Get ready for the next map!"
    }
    // any other source events can be used here!
  }

"admin" {

// any number of admins can go here

}

"saysounds" {                 // sounds triggered by chat messages

// put any number of other sounds here

}
But the sound/message did not trigger. Could you verify I have my config correct? I have verified the sound works using a chat trigger so I think I might have the wrong event or something? I use a fraglimit to decide the game end (using CSS: DM).

Many thanks in advance,

DS.

Last edited by DreamState; 07-30-2008 at 12:36.
BehaartesEtwas
Old 08-04-2008 , 07:03   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #104

Sorry for my late answer, I was on a internet-free vacation

@DrToT: (Ich mach das mal auf Englisch, könnte ja für andere interessant sein und wir verstehen uns ja auch so )

MakeDownloadabe is a function defined in BEsaysounds/config.inc. It does not only add the files to the download table but also precaches each file. The latter process is necessary to make the files playable. So if you want to disable just the downloads try to comment out (i.e. prepend "//") all lines with "AddFileToDownloadsTable" in the file BEsaysounds/config.inc. I did not test this but I think this will give you what you want. (Of course you need to restore the calls to MakeDownloadable in the BEsaysounds.sp file.)

Btw: A combination of fast download, highly compressed mp3s and compressing all files with bzip2 additionally can decrease the download time dramatically. And whoever does not want to download sound files can disable it on client side...

@DreamState: Maybe that event fires too late. Perhaps this can be solved with the (not yet existing) "combined" events, I will keep this in mind!

Last edited by BehaartesEtwas; 08-04-2008 at 07:05.
DreamState
Old 08-08-2008 , 15:46   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehaartesEtwas View Post
@DreamState: Maybe that event fires too late. Perhaps this can be solved with the (not yet existing) "combined" events, I will keep this in mind!
Thanks for the reply - I hope that this is possible!! It strikes me as really odd that there is no way with sourcemod to play an end of map sound (or from a list of several, randomised, downloaded at the map start as needed ). I could add in eventscripts for it but that seems overkill. Its really errie when someone gets the frag limit and the game just ends lol I've played too much GG maybe

Anyway, will keep an eye out And thank you for your time.
ayuki
Old 09-06-2008 , 00:18   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #106

it's possible to post exemple configuration for multi admin steamid for besaysound please

"admin" {
"steamid *****" " steamid :*:***" etc ??
// any number of admins can go here

}
BehaartesEtwas
Old 09-06-2008 , 02:44   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #107

i am am not sure if i understood you correctly. you want an admin sound (i.e. connect sound) for an admin with more than one steam id? just copy the whole block, e.g.

Code:
    "STEAM_0:1:123456" {
      "connect" {
        "file"   "admin_plugin/esk_fragaholics/728-behaartesetwas.mp3"
        "cmsg"   "Rette sich, wer kann!"
        "text"   "(Admin) Der Wookiee will Haare verlieren"
      }
      "disconnect" {
        "text"   "(Admin) BehaartesEtwas hat genug Haare verloren"
      }
      "settings" {
        "group"  "admin"
      }
    }
    "STEAM_0:1:234567" {
      "connect" {
        "file"   "admin_plugin/esk_fragaholics/728-behaartesetwas.mp3"
        "cmsg"   "Rette sich, wer kann!"
        "text"   "(Admin) Der Wookiee will Haare verlieren"
      }
      "disconnect" {
        "text"   "(Admin) BehaartesEtwas hat genug Haare verloren"
      }
      "settings" {
        "group"  "admin"
      }
    }
two times the same, only with different steamid. at the moment there is no short cut to that, sorry.

Or do you want to play a random sound on admin connect? that is not possible atm...
BehaartesEtwas
Old 09-10-2008 , 12:09   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #108

Mabye some of you already wondered about the file BEsaysoundsHistory.cfg in sourcemod data directory. In that file a detailed statistics about the playback of saysounds is saved. I have created a small PHP script to bring it in a human-readable form. The script is not very sophisticated, but it can be used e.g. to decide which saysounds are flops and can be removed...

You can find the script in the download section of fragaholics.de

Edit:
I also want you to know that I am currently not working on the saysounds plugin. Our CS:S server (which is the motivation for developing this script) is currently not very crowded and most of the players don't use saysounds. If you want to give me a reason to push the development further, just make our CS:S server (193.192.59.90:27015) more crowded ;-)

Last edited by BehaartesEtwas; 09-10-2008 at 12:16.
kermitfrosch
Old 09-12-2008 , 11:54   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #109

hi "Wookie"

i have just one question. If I play sounds (juste type it into chat) i can read "kermit plays sound lol" but thers no sound ... sounds are on fastdownload, on server and on my pc

ich bin ratlos
Send a message via ICQ to kermitfrosch
BehaartesEtwas
Old 09-12-2008 , 12:00   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #110

Do you see some kind of error message in the client or the server console? Are the sounds working for other players?

Also try enabling the debug mode: Open scripting/BEsaysounds.sp and change line 44 to "EnableBEsaysoundsDebug = true". Then recompile the plugin and restart the server. This should generate additional info at the server console.