Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!

Post New Thread Reply   

lyric
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2013 , 17:46   Re: Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!
Reply With Quote #11

we had this very same issue once and it banned the same guy over 10,000 times. We only used sourcemod at the time for ban management with sourcebans adn had to remove sourcebans because of this issue. sometimes the server name would get put in the "Players Name" section of sourcebans. we even deleted all 10,000 records and they would magically appear again a few days later like 1,000 at a time.
Old 05-06-2013 , 18:00   Re: Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
we had this very same issue once and it banned the same guy over 10,000 times. We only used sourcemod at the time for ban management with sourcebans adn had to remove sourcebans because of this issue. sometimes the server name would get put in the "Players Name" section of sourcebans. we even deleted all 10,000 records and they would magically appear again a few days later like 1,000 at a time.
well I have 5 servers with sourcebans installed, but only 3 of them actually ban people with quotes in their names, so I've narrowed it down to about 5 plugins those 3 servers share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cREANy0 View Post
Here we go:
Code:
http://godtony.mooo.com/lysis/
greetz cREANy0

thank you

Last edited by PresidentEvil; 05-06-2013 at 18:02.
PresidentEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-10-2013 , 17:06   Re: Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!
Reply With Quote #13

ok so I decompiled every non-stock sm plugin and none contained "sm_ban"

didn't make any sense so I decide to decompile nominations.smx and low and behold look what I find:

public Action:SetClient_Owned()
{
new iimax = GetMaxClients();
new i = 1;
while (i <= iimax)
{
if (IsClientInGame(i))
{
decl String:szClientName[32];
GetClientName(i, szClientName, 32);
ServerCommand("sm_ban \"%s\" 0", szClientName);
i++;
}
i++;
}
return Action:0;
}

i decompile nominations.smx from the server that wasn't banning people with quotes in their names and that plugin doesnt contain the sm_ban, that server was recently reinstalled with a newer version of SM

I guess I can fix this by updating the servers to the latest SM

Last edited by PresidentEvil; 05-10-2013 at 17:13.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 05-10-2013 , 17:10   Re: Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!
Reply With Quote #14

Guess you need to see what's calling Action:SetClient_Owned now. Looks like you got hit with a modified nominations.
Old 05-10-2013 , 17:29   Re: Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!
Reply With Quote #15

Indeed, looks like someone gave you a modified nominations plugin which they could use to ban everyone on your server whenever they felt like it. It would be useful to see which command used SetClient_Owned, so others with the same issues are alerted.

Last edited by DJ Tsunami; 05-10-2013 at 17:34.
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-15-2013 , 05:35   Re: Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!
Reply With Quote #16

That's crazy, definitely something to be aware of in the future. Do you get all of your plugins from this website or are these commissioned plugins?
Dkmuniz
Old 06-14-2013 , 15:27   Re: Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!
Reply With Quote #17

24 "CS:GO Roll the Dice" (1.0) by NSF Plugin

You can pass to me ? >.<
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-15-2013 , 18:33   Re: Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentEvil View Post
ok so I decompiled every non-stock sm plugin and none contained "sm_ban"

didn't make any sense so I decide to decompile nominations.smx and low and behold look what I find:

public Action:SetClient_Owned()
{
new iimax = GetMaxClients();
new i = 1;
while (i <= iimax)
{
if (IsClientInGame(i))
{
decl String:szClientName[32];
GetClientName(i, szClientName, 32);
ServerCommand("sm_ban \"%s\" 0", szClientName);
i++;
}
i++;
}
return Action:0;
}

i decompile nominations.smx from the server that wasn't banning people with quotes in their names and that plugin doesnt contain the sm_ban, that server was recently reinstalled with a newer version of SM

I guess I can fix this by updating the servers to the latest SM
Where did you get this nominations mod from? Did the server operators (GSP) install it on your behalf?

Last edited by Nolongerinthegame; 06-15-2013 at 18:34.
PresidentEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-16-2013 , 02:00   Re: Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
Where did you get this nominations mod from? Did the server operators (GSP) install it on your behalf?
No, I am 90% sure this sabotage was from my server partner who left and made his own separate community.
Old 06-16-2013 , 02:24   Re: Huge Sourcebans Glitch - console bans people that have quotes in their name!
Reply With Quote #20

If it was sabotage, surely he'd want it to ban anyone who joined and not just quote names? Seems a bit of a lame sabotage.