Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Request: Private players reservation

Post New Thread Reply   

Pomme
Old 04-08-2004 , 02:07   Request: Private players reservation
Reply With Quote #1

Okay, this is my dream plugin, the one that I'll forever be unable to code myself .

I'm running a postnuke website (like many small gaming communities do) and I'd like to provide a reserved slot to any person who sign up on the website.

1. The user sign up
2. He enters personal infos in his profile, including his STEAMID in some field (could use the factice email field for example, so this would not require any modification on phpnuke or phpbb)
3. He connects to our server and automatically gets a reserved slot (the reserved slot system works exactly like "Admin Slots f117bomb Style" plugin)

The AMXX MySQL settings points to an already existing table, so no other interface than the already existing phpbb one is needed. The users can change their steamid by themselves. So no admin hassle having to update everybody steamids.

What do you think of this idea? I think it would be great for admins that likes to have regulars populating their server... you kinda get used to the ppl, having a more friendly atmosphere, more cheat-free I guess...

Plz post if you support the idea and add your comment!

P.S. I know this is just like Private Players by Djeyl, but it doesnt work with Steam.
khul`Shalkrum
Old 05-14-2004 , 16:08  
Reply With Quote #2

Too bad that nobody has picked up on this - yet .

I have the same situation. Our clan is sponsoring a 'public' server and we require registering to our website for gaming privileges. The person himself updates his SteamID and a field visible for admins only determines his access level to the game server with the default right of 'z' (user).

I have been studying the admin_mysql.sma but since I have never coded a plugin I'm kinda lost. Could someone tweak that so that a separate cfg file can be used to tell the plugin in what table and fields to look for the SteamID and access level for both admins and players alike?

No password, ip or name recognition is needed. Banning would be handled by the mere absence of a registered SteamID and for those registered by simply removing the 'z' right from the hidden access field.

Any help would be much apprechiated.
Dubie
Old 05-14-2004 , 19:05  
Reply With Quote #3

If you could post the old plugin or a link to it on the amx site someone might be able to take a look at it and see if they can get it working on Steam and AMXX. Then build from there maybe.

I would like to use something like this.

Peace,
Dubie
Send a message via MSN to Dubie
khul`Shalkrum
Old 05-15-2004 , 13:37  
Reply With Quote #4

Well the admin_mysql.sma that I have been looking at is the standard part of AMX Mod X. But here you go anyway...

I would really apprechiate the effort.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (admin_mysql.sma - 1175 views - 8.5 KB)
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2004 , 14:39  
Reply With Quote #5

i like amxbans 2.0 its a pretty good admin managing mysql and ban manager. look on plugins forum. as for changing php well you probably could wouldnt be hard im quite sure,
Old 05-15-2004 , 16:33  
Reply With Quote #6

I have looked into AMXbans as well but the point is that I don't need a ban manager but an access manager. Combining admin rights management and normal player access with a registering on a web site would be an ideal solution.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2004 , 16:41  
Reply With Quote #7

Lets see, I can try and do this, it doesnt seem too hard
Old 05-15-2004 , 18:13  
Reply With Quote #8

That would be great! Please just recap my first post on this thread. The need is indeed very simple. I'm just not a plugin coder.
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2004 , 18:41  
Reply With Quote #9

bailopan could probably make it on phpbb2 fast knowing him after all, all you have to do is send to the mysql table a little access level line information.
Old 05-15-2004 , 18:56  
Reply With Quote #10

I have already a field for SteamID (user maintainable) and a field for access level (admin viewable only, defaulting to 'z') in my forum user profile tables. All I need is the plugin to find out where to look. Also it must handle both admins ('abc....' rights) and regular users ('z' rights). It would ignore all records that have either the SteamID or the access field blank and tell the player "You have no access. Please register...".

Since admin_mysql.amx looks into the AMXX mysql.cfg file for MySQL server, user, pass and database then all it needs is a few more lines for profile table name, SteamID field name and access field name.

As I said before. Only SteamID and access level checking, no nick or ip is needed. Very simple.