Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)

Post New Thread Reply   

moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2011 , 00:09   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #161

I second these ideas! Has anyone made a version that can do this?
takkyu
Old 10-04-2011 , 13:00   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #162

Please fix that hats and other stuff don't disappear in prophunt bonus round
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-28-2011 , 20:57   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #163

I've never had any problems (at least that I could track down) with hats showing in bonus round...

Here is a new version, 1.3.2b. REQUIRES THE SDK HOOKS EXTENSION

New features:
  • Loads models from the map (that it can).
  • No longer user data/propbonusround_models.txt for end of round, still used by menu system.
  • Uses data/propbonusround_models_include.txt to populate the list of models (along with the ones discovered from the map.
  • Will use data/propbonusround_models_exclude.txt to remove any of the items in that file from being used as prop. Helpful because some things auto loaded by the map aren't good, like giant explosion debre.
  • Also will load exclude\include based on the current map, data/propbonusround_MAPNAME_include.txt and data/propbonusround_MAPNAME_exclude.txt. For example pl_badwater would be data/propbonusround_badwater_include.txt and data/propbonusround_badwater_exclude.txt

New cvar that logs what it's doing with props will let you see the props loaded by the map so you can find nasty ones and add them to exclude: sm_propbonus_logmodels

By default I've copied what was in the original data file into propbonusround_models_include.txt and I've added a few items to propbonusround_models_exclude.txt.

What's Next? A rewrite. When? No idea. Don't wait for it.

Updated once
Fixed some bugs.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PropBonusRound.zip (32.1 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by Thraka; 10-29-2011 at 14:14. Reason: 1.3.2b
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-09-2011 , 01:17   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #164

New version 1.3.2c

Added a fix for maps with bad models. CP Junction has a prop entity that has a blank model name. This is now checked for.

It was causing the server to DIE. Make sure you upgrade to this!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PropBonusRound.zip (32.1 KB, 197 views)
SuperShadow
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-09-2011 , 09:29   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #165

Thraka, thanks for updating this plug-in, I'll test out the newest version tonight.

People on my server love having the chance to hide during humiliation.

One thing we've noticed is that particles are still active while disguised. Last night I was playing soldier while wearing a unique hat with flies and the beard with pipe. When the round ended, I was disguised as a mound of hay. It looked like a pile of steaming cow manure with the flies hovering around.

We were hoping that when (and if) you get a chance to rewrite this, maybe you could suppress the particles too.

Thanks!
danielmyst777
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-09-2011 , 15:24   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #166

Yes! Excellent work on the patch up of the player props lag bug! Just one thing, is it possible to include code in the plug-in to allow clients to to taunts while they are props?

For instance, if a player hits the taunt key while disguised as a prop, they lose being a prop in order to do the taunt. I'm not sure if you can code it so that they turn back into a prop after the taunt or not but, either way, if you can make it so players can do a taunt during the prop bonus round it would be greatly appreciate
Old 12-28-2011 , 05:01   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #167

Somebody asked me to add an sm_propme command that does the same as sm_propplayer, but to self, so I figured I'd share that version. It defaults to ADMFLAG_CUSTOM1, but you can use admin_overrides.cfg to change that.

It also replaces TF2_AddCond and RemoveCond with their proper natives, and a few other fixes. Included Thraka's version too.

To use Thraka's you're going to have to know how to compile plugins with custom include files.

I haven't tested either but they should work.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prop_bonus_round.sp - 357 views - 32.9 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prop_bonus_round_thraka.sp - 332 views - 38.2 KB)

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 12-28-2011 at 05:03.
Lanc
Old 04-07-2012 , 22:36   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #168

There is a bug with activated dead ringer and heavy minigun when you have it activated and you loose round and change to prop. In next round you can't see the weapon models so you basically don't know if you have activated dead ringer. So you need to change class to another and change back to spy to fix it. Is it possible to fix it in plugin? I really like it but I need to delete it becouse many ppl complain about that bug.
xomp
BANNED
Old 04-13-2012 , 08:34   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
I've never had any problems (at least that I could track down) with hats showing in bonus round...

Here is a new version, 1.3.2b. REQUIRES THE SDK HOOKS EXTENSION

New features:
  • Loads models from the map (that it can).
  • No longer user data/propbonusround_models.txt for end of round, still used by menu system.
  • Uses data/propbonusround_models_include.txt to populate the list of models (along with the ones discovered from the map.
  • Will use data/propbonusround_models_exclude.txt to remove any of the items in that file from being used as prop. Helpful because some things auto loaded by the map aren't good, like giant explosion debre.
  • Also will load exclude\include based on the current map, data/propbonusround_MAPNAME_include.txt and data/propbonusround_MAPNAME_exclude.txt. For example pl_badwater would be data/propbonusround_badwater_include.txt and data/propbonusround_badwater_exclude.txt

New cvar that logs what it's doing with props will let you see the props loaded by the map so you can find nasty ones and add them to exclude: sm_propbonus_logmodels

By default I've copied what was in the original data file into propbonusround_models_include.txt and I've added a few items to propbonusround_models_exclude.txt.

What's Next? A rewrite. When? No idea. Don't wait for it.

Updated once
Fixed some bugs.

Enjoy!
Thanks, this fixed the issue of props having hats for me.
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
xomp
BANNED
Old 04-26-2012 , 13:25   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #170

Not sure why, but if you're a dead ringer spy and are made a prop at the end of the round, when you spawn for the next round the animation with holding the dead ringer is glitched. It's as if the animation happens at light speed then disappears making it impossible to visually see that you have your dead ringer out.
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp