Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Some ideas about CSDM.

Post New Thread Reply   

Experience
Old 10-24-2006 , 07:40   Some ideas about CSDM.
Reply With Quote #1

Good time of the day, everyone. Sorry for my bad english.

I want to ask some questions about CSDM.

1. The first problem is connected to the weapon. A situation: game 1on1 or 2on2. FFA mode is switched off. And one of teams dies simultaneously, i.e. are killed either all terrorists or all counter-terrorists. The variable "spawn_wait_time" is set to 3 seconds, and it is quite enough to create a situation of the finished round. Accordingly, there is a survived player in the gained team. He types "guns" and chooses the new weapon. And, the weapon which at him was, at replacement falls on the ground and does not disappear. I.e. in such situation the weapon becomes more and more on a map. It creates additional lags. However if the weapon to throw out manually (by key "G") it disappears. The variable "weapons_stay" is set to 0. How to fix it?

2. The second problem consists in mode FFA. More precisely, in system of skins. Many players cannot get used to that CT kills CT and T kills T. It is difficult for accepting at a certain subconscious level. Therefore I would like to suggest to correct this problem one of the next ways:
a) To enable the player to choose skin for the enemy independently, it will be one for all. It will be a client's option, rather than server's. Then the player can train on determined skin, to study quickly to find it on the given map, in a result to perfect an eye estimation, that in shooting is especially important.
b) To establish for all players one skin, for example, which is used for an establishment of spawn-points.
What do you think about that?

3. The third problem is connected with previous and concerns to HUD. In FFA mode everyone can kill each other, but visually it looks very badly. There are three basic points:
a) Color of the player in a "deathnotice" area (right-top area on the HUD) designates his belonging to T's or CT's side. And as I have already told, it looks badly. It will be better, if all players in a "deathnotice" will be displayed by neutral color. For example, color of the spectator.
b) The table of scores is very inconvenient at viewing. It will be better, if all players will be brought in one column. For example, "Terrorists" or "Counter-Terrorists". Or simple "Players". Also it will get better statistical view = all players will be sorted automatically from best to the worst player.
c) The radar prevents at game in FFA a mode. It will be better to switch radar off automatically. And there are radio-commands, which makes unnecessary noise. For example, at a throwing of granade by a teammate it is audible "Fire in the hole!". How to remove it?

I think, that correction of these problems will make CSDM much better. And also it will be possible to use this plugin for training newbies. In the evening I'll post some of my plans about it.

... still testing ...
... still watching for bugs ...
Send a message via Skype™ to Experience