Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Restrict Names 1.2a

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-08-2005 , 21:48  
Reply With Quote #31

Language file update. The German translations were kindly updated by Curryking.
truckster
Old 10-16-2005 , 11:57  
Reply With Quote #32

How about a tutorial to understand the syntax in the restrictnames.ini

\bn[e3i1\W_]+g([\W_]*g)?([\W_]*l)?[\W_]*[ei\d][\W_]*[rt]s?\b "likely racist term" 1

That's russian for me
I would like to rename everyone using my nick or any nick containing my 2 letter nick. Is it possible to use wildcards??
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-16-2005 , 22:07  
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster
How about a tutorial to understand the syntax in the restrictnames.ini
It can look both intimidating and like gibberish at the same time but it's in fact very powerful. Check this site out to help translate what's there and to help construct new ones: http://www.regular-expressions.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster
I would like to rename everyone using my nick or any nick containing my 2 letter nick. Is it possible to use wildcards??
It could be done however this would only work if you turn immunity on in this plugin. Then, it'd only work to prevent those that don't have the immunity flag from using your nick.
Catweazle
Old 10-17-2005 , 19:10  
Reply With Quote #34

Hi
i tried your tip

It can look both intimidating and like gibberish at the same time but it's in fact very powerful. Check this site out to help translate what's there and to help construct new ones: http://www.regular-expressions.info

but i didn't understand it.

can someone help me with the following expressions ?
internetsides like .com, .net, .org
IP-addresses like 123.123.123.123
names with 3 special characters (dots,carets or dollar signs) like ha...der or ha$$$der and at last the simple names Test and Player. With t and p (test,player) i can restrict, but not with T and P. i dont know why.

Is * an asterik and how does it work? Is it a placeholder for 1 sign or for a string?

Thx for help
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-17-2005 , 21:09  
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catweazle
i tried your tip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
but i didn't understand it.
My belief is that you didn't try very hard. Every question you asked could have been easily answered by reviewing the site with a critical eye rather than skimming through it.

Quote:
internetsides like .com, .net, .org
\b[\w\.]+\.(com|net|org)\b

Quote:
IP-addresses like 123.123.123.123
\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}

Quote:
names with 3 special characters (dots,carets or dollar signs) like ha...der or ha$$$der
[\.\^\$]{3}

Quote:
the simple names Test and Player. With t and p (test,player) i can restrict, but not with T and P. i dont know why.
In the phrases supplied with the plugin, "player" is already there. Looking at that, you should be able to figure out how to do "test" as well. Also, don't place capital letters as constants in your regex phrase as per the notes on the second post of this thread.

Quote:
Is * an asterik and how does it work? Is it a placeholder for 1 sign or for a string?
Look it up. http://regular-expressions.info/reference.html
Catweazle
Old 10-20-2005 , 04:27  
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
My belief is that you didn't try very hard. Every question you asked could have been easily answered by reviewing the site with a critical eye rather than skimming through it.
You belief is wrong. I tried it long enough. But it wont work for me. my english is not so good, so i think to ask someone who can explain it better.

I used your expressions in restrictnames.ini and delete my adminrights on the server. I checked the correct work with the name "noob" and "player". The server kicked me.

I used the names 123.123.123.123, hurz.com, ^^^, Player and ha$$$der for testing your expressions.
result : I can play with this names. The server wont kick me. Here are the screnshots of the test.

Quote:
In the phrases supplied with the plugin, "player" is already there. Looking at that, you should be able to figure out how to do "test" as well. Also, don't place capital letters as constants in your regex phrase as per the notes on the second post of this thread.
You are right! "player" is allready in there. But not "Player". I dont know why.
Attached Files
File Type: rar screenshots.rar (1.14 MB, 323 views)
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 10-20-2005 , 07:13  
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
You are right! "player" is allready in there. But not "Player". I dont know why.
its not case sensitive...
here is some log entries proving it works on "Player"

Code:
L 10/20/2005 - 00:33:44: "Player<810><STEAM_0:1:8991946><>" was renamed because [ player ] matched [ ^(\(\d\))?player$ ] ( Name 'Player' not allowed )
L 10/20/2005 - 02:24:32: "Player<932><STEAM_0:0:7352757><>" was renamed because [ player ] matched [ ^(\(\d\))?player$ ] ( Name 'Player' not allowed )
L 10/20/2005 - 02:59:21: "Player<966><STEAM_0:0:9226441><>" was renamed because [ player ] matched [ ^(\(\d\))?player$ ] ( Name 'Player' not allowed )
L 10/20/2005 - 03:37:31: "Player<-1><><>" was renamed because [ player ] matched [ ^(\(\d\))?player$ ] ( Name 'Player' not allowed )
Also BTW I JUST tested all of his other above regex suggestions (with a regex testing software) against the examples you said you tried and they all work fine. Your plugins is either messed up, or you have modified it, or you have severely messed up the ini file. Does your ini file by chance appear as one giant line? Because each entry in it should be on a new line.
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-20-2005 , 09:33  
Reply With Quote #38

@Catweazle
Unless you changed the restnames_immunity CVAR from it's default setting, as shown below, you don't need to alter your admin rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Options (CVARs)
restnames_immunity <0|1>
Indicates if players with the immunity flag are checked for name violations.

0: check everyone
1: check everyone except players with immunity flag

Default value is 0.

The immunity flag is set as ADMIN_IMMUNITY by default but can be changed in the script.
Show us your .\configs\restrictnames.ini file so we can determine why the restricted names aren't getting caught.
Catweazle
Old 10-20-2005 , 13:16  
Reply With Quote #39

Thx for quick answer.

Quote:
Show us your .\configs\restrictnames.ini file so we can determine why the restricted names aren't getting caught.
here it is

There is no problem to delete my adminrights. It takes only 2 seconds to do it with amxbans. If i change the immunity, our admins are not immun. The plugin and the restrictnames.ini works over hard link with 4 servers at same time. So i wont change immunity.
Attached Files
File Type: rar restrictnames.rar (1.1 KB, 314 views)
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 10-20-2005 , 23:17  
Reply With Quote #40

you know there is a regex that would match three of the same thing in a row no matter what..... and eliminate tons of your lines in there....

Code:
(.)\1\1
this matches any single char then uses backreferencing to match the same exact char two more times in a row

you can also do things like this

Code:
(\w)\1\1
same as above but only word chars would be matched

Code:
(\W)\1\1
same again but only non-word chars would be matched ($, %, ^, &, etc...)