Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

making waypoints for podbot mm ( tutorial )

Post New Thread Reply   

.Dare Devil.
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2013 , 22:23   Re: making waypoints for podbot_mm.
Reply With Quote #11

It was many years ago when i tried to create my own waypoints for bots...
I realized that they really are brainless.
but i see that you have seen some hard work on this thread, its useful and great work i guess....
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 07-18-2013 , 23:05   Re: making waypoints for podbot_mm.
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Dare Devil. View Post
I realized that they really are brainless.
I realized that before to know cs, and to meet the same persons living into computers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Dare Devil. View Post
but i see that you have seen some hard work on this thread, its useful and great work i guess....
hard, not really. to be useful, yes. for pesons asking for podbot installation or waypoints making.
Old 07-30-2013 , 22:29   Re: making waypoints for podbot_mm.
Reply With Quote #13

If a wp had errors or something does it print in any log? or in console using developer 1?
is there any debugging cvar for it?
Old 07-31-2013 , 13:35   Re: making waypoints for podbot_mm.
Reply With Quote #14

imo, there is no stuff like this, but I updated the main post with some answer. thanks !
Old 08-01-2013 , 09:58   Re: making waypoints for podbot_mm.
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineKyo View Post
If a wp had errors or something does it print in any log? or in console using developer 1?
is there any debugging cvar for it?
It prints straight to the server console, spamming if a node can't find a path to another node.

It has to work both ways which is bad in my opinion if you use a rare map which is supposed to only be one-way (you are not supposed to go/find a way back to spawn zone), such as deathrun maps. Would be awesome if that would be implemented in the future.

Search for de_westwood.pwf as example and you will see what I mean. Bots stuck at a window in CT spawn so they just camping there while T go and plant the bomb when there is 2 ways which are waypointed which can lead them out of there, instead they camp there and spam the console with "path not found to <node number>". Really stupid.

Have waited for a fix for this in so many years.

Last edited by Rirre; 08-01-2013 at 10:05.
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 08-01-2013 , 18:09   Re: making waypoints for podbot_mm.
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rirre View Post
It prints straight to the server console, spamming if a node can't find a path to another node.
even in screen afaik. but this is about waypoints saved with with errors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS View Post
firstly, we should make difference between bugged and wrongly/badly made waypoint file:
  • a file having errors somewhere: isolated areas, some specific waypoints missed, etc. will not save correctly, even if it's nicely made.
  • a file saved without any error dosen't mean that's a nice one. it may be crapy but working "without errors".
Quote:
It has to work both ways which is bad in my opinion if you use a rare map which is supposed to only be one-way (you are not supposed to go/find a way back to spawn zone), such as deathrun maps. Would be awesome if that would be implemented in the future.
very easy but will take too much time . you need to edit every junction between waypoints. and finally, bots will not play deathrun, they aren't designed for it !

Quote:
Search for de_westwood.pwf as example and you will see what I mean.
seriously, did you read the main post before to ask people to search ? there was two different de_westwood.pwf files in my dropbox archive + another one in 17buddies (both are now in a .zip file).
later, I'll remove the duplicated waypoints folder, and merge all similar waypoints in a .zip file, like this one.

Quote:
Bots stuck at a window in CT spawn so they just camping there while T go and plant the bomb when there is 2 ways which are waypointed which can lead them out of there, instead they camp there and spam the console with "path not found to <node number>".
any screenshots ?

in those four different de_westwood.pwf files there are:
  1. two .pwf files have crapy waypoints near the windows that you talking about.
  2. one .pwf have an aparently nice ones.
  3. one .pwf don't allow bots to use that window (no waypoints near it).
Quote:
Have waited for a fix for this in so many years.
give it, I'll fix + optimize it . or better, test those in the link above, and tell me which one is the best to edit it !

ps. I can't test and optimize the thousands of waypoints that I have. it takes like more than one hour to make a medium map, more time to check and adjust, and more time to spectate bots, then to adjust again and again.
go try my optimized cs_assault_nod that I made today, and compare it with the other one.

Last edited by ANTICHRISTUS; 08-01-2013 at 23:09.
Albanian Zombie
Old 11-16-2013 , 14:12   Re: making waypoints for podbot_mm
Reply With Quote #17

Thank you a lot ANTICHRISTUS!
This is great!
Estland
Old 01-06-2015 , 15:26   Re: making waypoints for podbot mm ( tutorial )
Reply With Quote #18

Hello! I've used some of your waypoints (de_tuscan for example) and they have been really good and bug-free. I have a small request for you - can you make a bug-free waypoint for this map: http://cs.gamebanana.com/maps/184146?
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 01-06-2015 , 16:30   Re: making waypoints for podbot mm ( tutorial )
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estland View Post
Hello! I've used some of your waypoints (de_tuscan for example) and they have been really good and bug-free.
I'm glad that my archive is used and appreciated.
good: because I really care about any free space, and (generally) spend more than one hour to make a waypoint file.
bug free (relative): because of the several hours/days of spectating/adding/editing (about big and complicated maps like de_cbble_cz and cs_assault_hotel of course).
I can't say the same thing about some waypoints where people only care of simple paths and saved files without "errors".
Quote:
can you make a bug-free waypoint for this map: http://cs.gamebanana.com/maps/184146?
done some minutes ago.

as it's a small and a non-complicated map, it didn't require too much time.
but what I found funny is that bots will always jump onto the tables/chair. it's because I put the goal points there (there are no goals in such maps, but are required and must be put somewhere. otherwise the file won't be saved without errors).

ps.
I didn't review my tutorials since a long time, except this one some months ago. thanks for the bump.. will try to put more details here (especially about encountered bugs) and will make the search tutorial more explanatory and less complicated. Thanks bis.
Old 01-07-2015 , 09:13   Re: making waypoints for podbot mm ( tutorial )
Reply With Quote #20

well with that case of maps, i always place goal in the middle of the map.