[CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing

Post New Thread Reply   

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-07-2021 , 13:36   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by staaat View Post
Suggesting there is a memory leak? I've no idea, other than it is continuously creeping up - any suggestions why this is happening?
Are you running SourceMod or are you still on a vanilla build?

If SourceMod, give us a list of the following from your server -
PHP Code:
meta version
sm version
sm exts 
list
sm plugins list 
Also post your server.cfg and your autoexec.cfg, OMIT ANY TOKENS OR PRIVATE INFORMATION (PASSWORDS ETC)

Quote:
Does GOTV store information on memory? can I change this?
No, but only if you are recording and stop the recording, it will consume a lot. This is for when the demo is being saved.

Just did a test with a server having 10 bots and a GOTV. It never exceeded 1.12GBs of RAM, from when I posted my first reply until this one. They played for 15 rounds, changed the map, still remains steady.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 12-07-2021 at 13:37.
staaat
Old 12-08-2021 , 11:27   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #12

Thanks for your time to review/respond.

I had updated my previous post as I didn't correctly display the latest details correctly. Still though I think your latest reply will apply to the ongoing troubleshooting.

See attached, I've attached all scripts that I know are being executed. They are being executed in the following order:

1. Autoexec (this contains a reference to my start-up command also)
2. Server
3. Gamemode_competitive (I've not made any changes to this, it's the default)
4. Gamemode_competitive_server

I'm not using any mods (yet), I'm looking to get the server ready by just building it from scratch (vanilla).

Ok the fact you was able to verify this works is great, it would be interesting to see if you had a successful test with adding the second GOTV instance, where the second instance is 90seconds and the first instance is 0seconds delay. I'm wondering if this is causing the problem...
Attached Files
File Type: cfg autoexec.cfg (4.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: cfg gamemode_competitive.cfg (4.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: cfg gamemode_competitive_server.cfg (3.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: cfg server.cfg (1.9 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by staaat; 12-08-2021 at 11:28.
staaat
Old 12-08-2021 , 11:58   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #13

Would it also help if explained the steps I took to install SteamCMD and CSGO?
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-08-2021 , 14:38   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #14

I was able to replicate your issue successfully -
PHP Code:
***** OUT OF MEMORYattempted allocation size13564 ****

PreMinidumpCallbackupdating dump comment
Segmentation fault 
(core dumped)

warningSection `.reg-xstate/106' in core file too small.

warning: Section 
`.reg-xstate/106' in core file too small.
email debug.log to [email protected]
Wed Dec  8 19:36:18 UTC 2021: Server Quit 
It seems like adding in the extra GOTV has been the culprit, but only on competitive game mode/type thus far.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-08-2021 , 15:22   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #15

Found out why, it's the deviation between tv_delay and tv_delay1.

Example, the default values for tv_delay is 10 and tv_delay1 is 15.

You can safely set your tv_delay to be 0 and your tv_delay1 to be 30; however, if you plan to record a demo, you might get the out of memory error. You could continue to raise it to whatever you deem reasonable, but do keep in mind what you're currently setting it to, will give you the issue you are setting.

Also, you don't need +tv_enable1 1 in your start parameters, anything after addhltv1 can be set in your gamemode_competitive_server.cfg
staaat
Old 12-09-2021 , 07:35   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #16

Thank you for the feedback and testing to find me a solution! It's greatly appreciated.

I know that my user wants a 90s delay and a 0s delay, so it's really odd that a 90s delay differentiation is causing the issue.

A question for you when you managed to reproduced the issue, was this on a machine that had more than 4GB of memory? what I found was that when I received the OOM error, there was still plenty of memory available to use - it was just stopping at the 4GB usage with OOM error.

I'll do some testing tonight with decreasing the delay variation.

Another thing I noticed what you found, was that the default values for tv_delay and tv_delay1 is wrong as tv_delay1 cannot be more than tv_delay based on what I've understood in this release note (details below):

https://blog.counter-strike.net/inde...2017/06/18898/
Quote:
New settings for the game server:
tv_delay1 allows to set a custom delay on TV1 server, with the developed scenario having TV1 delay be at least 3 seconds, and not more than TV0 delay configured with tv_delay setting.
A question you might not be able to answer? but why is having a deviation of 90 seconds causing the OOM error when there is still plenty of memory available to use! Maybe a question for Valve?

Again, your time and thoughts are appreciated!
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-09-2021 , 11:53   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
A question for you when you managed to reproduced the issue, was this on a machine that had more than 4GB of memory? what I found was that when I received the OOM error, there was still plenty of memory available to use - it was just stopping at the 4GB usage with OOM error.
My server had 128GBs of RAM, so it would have plenty to work from. I don't recall any parameter or setting to increase the limit, but maybe someone else recalls such a thing.
Quote:
A question you might not be able to answer? but why is having a deviation of 90 seconds causing the OOM error when there is still plenty of memory available to use! Maybe a question for Valve?!
The deviation in time increases the amount of RAM used when increasing between the two. The RAM used increases depending on how far away GOTV1 is from original GOTV, regardless of the starting point.

Unfortunately I can't answer your question of why, as I don't know at this moment.
staaat
Old 12-22-2021 , 18:31   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #18

Thanks for the feedback and your time Maxximou5.

Lets assume there is no GOTV configured, can we ever expect to see a CSGO server instance to use more than 4GB of memory without the server instance crashing?

Using the below scenario I found that I didn't run into my OOM... as reducing the snapshotrate (may be obvious to yourselves) is reducing the memory consumption, the server usage didn't go any higher than 1.5GB.

Code:
tv_enable 1
tv_delay 90
tv_snapshotrate 10

tv_enable1 1
tv_delay1 0
tv_snapshotrate1 128
Which is why I'm wondering if at all possible a CSGO server instance can go above 4GB of memory usage in general without crashing?

I emailed valve last week for input, but no reply (yet....)

Last edited by staaat; 12-22-2021 at 18:32.
staaat
Old 08-15-2022 , 17:09   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #19

Thought I'd bump this post in-case anyone recently might know the solution.

The best case scenario I've got to is using the below config:

Code:
tv_enable 1
tv_delay 90
tv_snapshotrate 64

tv_enable1 1
tv_delay1 0
tv_snapshotrate1 128
My thoughts are that this is a problem with the server/process, as I can't get my head round this: when the scrds_linux process hits 4GB of memory usage, it crashes... there is still plenty of memory available to be used and I just don't know why it'd stop there.
Vauff
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-24-2022 , 01:08   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #20

CS:GO srcds is 32 bit and therefore is unable to use any more than 4 GB. Only way around it would be if Valve started shipping 64 bit builds.

Last edited by Vauff; 08-24-2022 at 01:09.