Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

About MasterMind420

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

thewintersoldier97
Old 10-18-2021 , 00:00   About MasterMind420

Any ideas on why MasterMind420 is deleting his/her own plugins thread? Such a shame, I haven't had a chance to try them, there're some very useful one that I planned to test on my server, now it's gone...

Looking for some fun!
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-18-2021 , 03:05   Re: About MasterMind420

Report the topics and a mod will restore them.
Old 10-18-2021 , 22:44   Re: About MasterMind420

Thread contents have been restored to their previous versions, although the threads may unfortunately remain in what we can call an useless state, without their (previous) attachments.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
thewintersoldier97
Old 10-19-2021 , 07:50   Re: About MasterMind420

So now he's banned, with his threads all blank...Welp, that's kinda sad. Thanks for the help anyway HamletEagle and DarkDeviL.

Looking for some fun!
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2021 , 10:00   Re: About MasterMind420

He probably didn't want to support his plugins anymore and decided to handle all of it himself rather than reporting each one to be unapproved. It's up to the moderators if they want to disclose the details of his ban.
Old 10-19-2021 , 12:08   Re: About MasterMind420

This forum simply never fails to amaze me... Someone wants to delete his work for whatever reason and the moderators force him not to do so? This is literal monopoly (which goes against the copyright laws) and I'm happy that the thread attachments went away with him. Truly a karma moment.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2021 , 12:24   Re: About MasterMind420

No one is forcing anyone to keep their work on the forum. The posts were restored for archival purposes. There are no rules against removing attachments from your post(s), which he could've done without blanking out all his posts with "Delete thread".

For the rest of us, it's quite annoying to come across threads that simply have "Delete thread" especially in the Plugins section where most people go to find plugins for their respective games. There's also the plugin search page that allows you to filter your search by game. If his posts weren't restored to their previous state, you'd be seeing a lot of "Delete thread" results come up when searching for L4D/L4D2 plugins. That's literally how he blanked out his posts. He just changed the title and content to "Delete thread".

I fail to see how you can turn a minor situation like this into AM "monopolizing" people's work.
Old 10-19-2021 , 14:41   Re: About MasterMind420

Yea, I just creating this thread out of curiously on MasterMind420's decision. I don't think the mod "forced" him to do anything against his will either thEsp.

Looking for some fun!
thEsp
BANNED
Old 10-19-2021 , 14:56   Re: About MasterMind420

Quote:
No one is forcing anyone to keep their work on the forum.
The moderator(s) literally restored their threads.

Quote:
The posts were restored for archival purposes.
The archives of this forum are used only for restoration purposes, e.g when there are problems with the system. Expect members to do whatever they want with their threads at their own cost, which in this case could be simply getting banned (and all of their records deleted).

Quote:
There are no rules against removing attachments from your post(s), which he could've done without blanking out all his posts with "Delete thread".
Quote:
For the rest of us, it's quite annoying to come across threads that simply have "Delete thread" especially in the Plugins section where most people go to find plugins for their respective games. There's also the plugin search page that allows you to filter your search by game. If his posts weren't restored to their previous state, you'd be seeing a lot of "Delete thread" results come up when searching for L4D/L4D2 plugins.
And do you genuinely think that's a problem? You can easily skip threads titled like so. Opening a thread only to realize there are no attachments is the real problem and it's definitely trolling.

Quote:
I fail to see how you can turn a minor situation like this into AM "monopolizing" people's work.
If monopolizing doesn't sound about right consider it leeching.

Last edited by thEsp; 10-19-2021 at 14:58.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2021 , 11:48   Re: About MasterMind420

User threads and personal works are their intellectual property unless they directly stated them under specific public license. So they have all rights doing with own works whatever they want.

Surely, it's a pity to lose valuable works.
I'm just hoping everything good with MasterMind. And thanks him for amazing works he shared for years!
Closed Thread