Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.591, 08/11/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

FunkyLoveCow
Old 01-18-2011 , 07:30   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langley View Post
Yes FlaminSarge exactly.

While those on my servers love the addon, it gets a bit chaotic when you don't have a rough idea what your opponent has.

Even if it was a setting to limit randomisation to weapons/items naturally suitable for a class would be fantastic e.g. no more rocket-launcher for non-soliders etc
That's the entire point of a randomizer, though.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2011 , 17:34   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #162

I've found that the Minigun is "Naturally suitable" for the scout...

Jk, jk, but all jokes aside, FunkyLoveCow is right, it does kinda ruin the point of randomizer.
Also, if you want that "rough idea" of what an opponent has, you can use the VisibleWeapons plugin to see exactly what an opponent is holding. It works automatically with randomizer.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
danmon
Old 01-23-2011 , 13:24   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #163

hey for some reason when i do randomizer u can see weapons through walls. what could be causing this?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-23-2011 , 15:26   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #164

danmon, it's not Randomizer, it was Attachables, a recent valve update did that. To fix, download the Attachables update.

Psyduck likes replays.
ummja
Old 01-26-2011 , 14:22   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
danmon, it's not Randomizer, it was Attachables, a recent valve update did that. To fix, download the Attachables update.
Thanks Sarge!
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2011 , 18:24   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #166

What happened to the server ummja?

EDIT: Update coming soon: if you're an engineer with the Rebel's Curse and the server you're on has the models, and if you taunt or go into thirdperson for any reason, the model you see is actually the Rebel's Curse, not the Golden Wrench (to do this, I changed it from a golden wrench into a normal wrench, but it's still cool). Same with sniper + Khopesh Climber.
(working on viewmodels at the moment)

Also get ready to update any menu cfgs you have for GiveWeapon. Rebel's Curse index will soon be 2197, up from 2169.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 01-27-2011 at 01:04.
ummja
Old 02-05-2011 , 10:07   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #167

Quote:
What happened to the server ummja?

EDIT: Update coming soon: if you're an engineer with the Rebel's Curse and the server you're on has the models, and if you taunt or go into thirdperson for any reason, the model you see is actually the Rebel's Curse, not the Golden Wrench (to do this, I changed it from a golden wrench into a normal wrench, but it's still cool). Same with sniper + Khopesh Climber.
(working on viewmodels at the moment)

Also get ready to update any menu cfgs you have for GiveWeapon. Rebel's Curse index will soon be 2197, up from 2169.
My father took it down because I got a 35% in history. xD.

I'll get it back up soon, but I'm COMPLETELY not looking forward to redoing EVERYTHING.
peroxwhygen
BANNED
Old 02-11-2011 , 11:43   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #168

EDIT: New plan. Instead of copying all the fix coding over to the Give Weapon plugin (I quickly figured out how hard it is, making sure I've copied over all the correct CVARS and stuff like pDalokohsBuff), I'm going to go through the Randomizer coding and eliminate anything that doesn't relate to the fixes. Will I succeed? Will I fail? Who knows. But hey, I figure doing something like this is a good way to learn how to code.

Last edited by peroxwhygen; 02-11-2011 at 11:58.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2011 , 21:03   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #169

... I think I have a solution for the fix coding that may work with both.
Beware, putting the fix coding in both will make massive error, so I'm making a system to change that around a bit.

I originally meant Randomizer to be run in the background of giveweapon for the fixes originally, so that's why its all in Randomizer rather than GiveWeapon (also the old randomizer had all the fixes too).
Now that both are becoming more independent, I'll try to separate the fixes.

Show of hands (vote), convert Randomizer over to REQUIRE GiveWeapons? So that I can just use the TF2Items_GiveWeapon native in GiveWeapon rather than redefining everything in Randomizer, as well as moving over all fixes to giveweapon?

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 02-11-2011 at 21:15.
peroxwhygen
BANNED
Old 02-11-2011 , 21:47   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #170

Quote:
... I think I have a solution for the fix coding that may work with both.
Beware, putting the fix coding in both will make massive error, so I'm making a system to change that around a bit.

I originally meant Randomizer to be run in the background of giveweapon for the fixes originally, so that's why its all in Randomizer rather than GiveWeapon (also the old randomizer had all the fixes too).
Now that both are becoming more independent, I'll try to separate the fixes.

Show of hands (vote), convert Randomizer over to REQUIRE GiveWeapons? So that I can just use the TF2Items_GiveWeapon native in GiveWeapon rather than redefining everything in Randomizer, as well as moving over all fixes to giveweapon?
I'd vote for you just taking all the fixes out of the Randomizer plugin, and coding them into their own independent plugin. You could call it like.... [TF2Items] GiveWeps/VisWeps/Randomizer Fixes or something.

It's essentially what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to remove anything randomizer-related from the coding, leaving just the fixes because the last time I installed and ran the randomizer on my little test server, it was Errorsville for me.

The way I'm doing it, I'm looking for any bits of code that depend on any of the fix cvars, and leaving them alone while removing everything else. It's tedious and I guarantee I'll fuck something up.

So yeah, I vote for a new plugin consisting of just the fixes, but it requires you to have Give Weapons or Randomizer (users choice, I wouldn't force anyone to have to install both).

Side note while I'm here. When I did install randomizer and enabled the fix, it obviously fixed the glitches, but I noticed that somehow, some players were still able to rapid-fire with the Big Kill and such. When I asked them how they did it, I basically received answers like I'm a fast clicker, or I'm using +attack. I knew they were bullshitting but I don't know how to find out how they were doing it.