Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!

Post New Thread Reply   

MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2008 , 04:25   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #11

Invalid database details?

Matt
Old 07-04-2008 , 05:38   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #12

they are correct, changed 3 webservers (to ensure there is no firewall issues) now running one with no firewalls what so ever and still the same issue occurs.
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2008 , 07:50   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #13

ok, try this.

in the console window type:

sm plugins unload myscal

Then type:

sm plugins load myscal

About 3 seconds later it will give you confirmation whether its been able to connect or not by the messages:

The one we want to see:
Database Init (CONNECTED)

The one we don't want to see:
[MySCAL] Database failure: <error message here>

If you see the latter, resolve as appropriate
Matt
Old 07-04-2008 , 10:35   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #14

Never mind found the problem Thanks for your help

Last edited by sirmoe; 07-04-2008 at 10:47.
stevieboy
Old 07-05-2008 , 22:41   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #15

Hey Matt,

you're very busy moving all stuff from files to mysql. I just want to thank you for your efforts because it is really cool to manage all this via a webpage.

(Thanks to HSFighter - again - for his efforts too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoggieX View Post
  1. (solved)
  2. I was looking through the functions and noticed that it could be possible to also write the mapcycle.txt file also, is this a feature you would want and actually use?
  3. Need to add in game command to run the configs again if needed
  4. Will look at menu integration (never done this before, so might be a while)
  5. Would error logging based upon server ID be useful to anyone else than me?
  6. Would logging of every command (that appears in the SM log files) be useful to anyone else than me?
  1. great
  2. Yes I would be interested in this feature. HSFighter could make a seperate Form to upload new maps to the gameserver and (b2zipped) to FastDL-Space.
  3. Would appriciate that.
  4. If you mean for point 3, ok. Otherwise thats not neccessary imo.
  5. I love loggin - it helps tracking nasty errors.
  6. see #5. (sometimes I want to check what was done right before a crash)
I have an idea too:

It be great to have a set of rules globally active but overidable server-wise. So if you have NULL in you serverid-column the value is for global use but if you find a value for the current server id then this value is prefered.

What do you think? This way you can have many servers without adding (and changing) the same lines for every server.

I will definitly install this plugin very soon and give it a testdrive.

Thx again
Old 07-06-2008 , 12:19   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #16

Since this plugin stores the "server.cfg" in the database and runs it from there, it seems somewhat odd that it will then run a "map-specific config file" that has to be an actual .cfg file. Why not place the map specific config file settings in the database as well (with the ability to use the same settings on multiple servers). I would suggest another table with the map-specific settings.

I think that mapcycle settings would be a great addition.

I also think of adding other ".cfg" file settings would be very helpful, again in one or more other table(s). One way of doing this would be to query the database for the settings for each config file and write the files to disk when they changes (you could keep a timestamp of when the settings change to compare against the files themselves to know when to update them). This could also get around the download url thing.
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2008 , 13:50   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #17

lo Naris, Stevieboy,

I think you're right, having local map specific files is madness, considering the aim of this plugin is to take everything config wise, to an exterenal source for ease of mangement. In a separate table as suggested would be well suited as you've suggested naris.

As for actually writing the configs back to the server is quiet easy, I've played with that previously, however the time checking, I'm not 100% sure upon, probably just a few IF statements and a query would do it.

Waiting to see what HSFighter does for the web console presently, before making any further changes.

Currently I have been using excel and imports, which has done the job really well for me, considering we have many game servers running atm.

Anywayz, will add the map configs, atm I'm thinking having specific server map configs is probably over kill and will just do it simply.

Will post back after I've tested.

Matt
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2008 , 17:14   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoggieX View Post
lo Naris, Stevieboy,

I think you're right, having local map specific files is madness, considering the aim of this plugin is to take everything config wise, to an exterenal source for ease of mangement. In a separate table as suggested would be well suited as you've suggested naris.

As for actually writing the configs back to the server is quiet easy, I've played with that previously, however the time checking, I'm not 100% sure upon, probably just a few IF statements and a query would do it.

Waiting to see what HSFighter does for the web console presently, before making any further changes.

Currently I have been using excel and imports, which has done the job really well for me, considering we have many game servers running atm.

Anywayz, will add the map configs, atm I'm thinking having specific server map configs is probably over kill and will just do it simply.

Will post back after I've tested.

Matt
So you've been exporting out of MySQL Query Browser or something?
Old 07-17-2008 , 19:09   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3recon View Post
So you've been exporting out of MySQL Query Browser or something?
the first Implementation of this plugin (SQL-Commands) to the smwa is to 100% complete!
I send MoggieX a Alpha v1.9 Yesterday and today the Beta.
I make a relase (v1.9) tomorrow.
First v2.0 will has an export and import option for .cfg files.

Sorry for my very bad english
Greetings HSFighter

Last edited by HSFighter; 07-17-2008 at 19:28.
Send a message via ICQ to HSFighter
HSFighter
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2008 , 12:12   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #20

The Sourcemod Webadmin supporting now this Plugin (Server-Configs)

You must Update the Tablestrukture:

Code:
ALTER TABLE `sm_servercfg` CHANGE `Value_Key` `Filename` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL
ALTER TABLE `sm_servercfg` CHANGE `Default_Key` `Activ` Int( 1 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL
Or....here is the full new tablestructure:
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS sm_servercfg(
ID              int(11) PRIMARY KEY auto_increment,
Server_ID       int(11),
Command_Name    varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
Command_Value   varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
Filename        varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
Type            varchar(255) NULL,
Activ           int(1),
time_modified   timestamp(14) NOT NULL default
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
)TYPE=MyISAM;
If you add a command to a file "MySCAL (Server Configs)" plugin.
You can switch between 2 option's: Text or Scrollbox!
Text is for cvars with text or big values | EX: "mp_decals = 300" or "sv_downloadurl = Http://www....."
Scrollbox is for "int" values | EX: "mp_teamplay = 0 or 1".
It will show a scrollbox.
You can add: "0,1:No,Yes"... this will show a Scrollbox with values 0/1 and show No/Yes!!!
But it's possible to add ony 1,0!!!

Here a Example in my config file:
Cvar sv_region
Set Scrollbox:
0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,255:US Ostkueste,US Westkueste,Suedamerika,Europa,Asien,Australie n,Mittlerer Osten,Afrika,Welt

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=60174

Sorry for my very bad english
Greetings HSFighter

Last edited by HSFighter; 07-18-2008 at 12:49.
Send a message via ICQ to HSFighter