Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Colored "say" and "say_team"

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   Johnny got his gun (102)
BlueRaja
Old 01-09-2005 , 16:39   Colored "say" and "say_team"
Reply With Quote #1

Code:
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  *   Admin_chatcolor, by BlueRaja (AMX Mod X)  *  *                                             *  *      Special thanks to Damaged Soul         *  * - not just for helping me when I needed it, *  *    but for putting up with all my shit ^_^  *  *                                             *  *************I hate asterisks.*****************  *                                             *  *           (c) Copyright 2005                *  * This file is provided as is (no warranties) *  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */

Thanks to the genius of DS, it turns out it's possible to send colored text messages. So I..uh..took advantage of that.

USAGE:
Just use one of the three color commands (all beginning with "!") to change the color of your text

THE THREE COLOR COMMANDS:
!g = green
!w = white (yes, I realize that in-game, it's more of a tan..that's why I chose the ugly color "olive" to represent it)
!t = Team color.
NO! Terrorists cannot print in blue, or vice-versa. This is NOT a bug. There is nothing I can do about it. I'm sorry.

PREDICTED QUESTIONS:
Y0 mann h0w cann eye se tit so taht olny t3h admin cann use t3h colerz!!!?????!!111112
PREDICTED ANSWERS:
Exploreith thy source-code, and thou shalt findith the answers thou seekith to thy questions, thou exceedingly noobish dolt.

KNOWN BUGS:
Colored teamsay when spectating doesn't work, because apparently I know don't know how to get the spectator list using get_players. It tried SPEC, SPECTATOR, and SPECTATORS, but to no avail

[edit] I enjoy raising my edit total two minutes after posting just to fix stupid grammar mistakes -_-
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (admin_chatcolor.sma - 20011 views - 3.5 KB)
Send a message via AIM to BlueRaja Send a message via MSN to BlueRaja
BlueRaja
Old 01-09-2005 , 16:47  
Reply With Quote #2

ex. typing !gHello! would show the string
Hello!

!g<3 !wPixie !tStix !g;) would display
<3 Pixie Stix ,)
(since semi-colon's show up as commas in CS...lol)

!gL!wM!tF!wA!gO
LMFAO

You get the idea.
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2005 , 21:46  
Reply With Quote #3

hahahah.. answer the leet speak question with old english... lol classic.. either way good work there BlueRaja.
Old 05-24-2005 , 18:32  
Reply With Quote #4

Sorry to bring up an old plugin - But I had a question..

I was wondering if this could be set up to be a permanant color, ergo.. all Ts when typing in SAY are in red, all CTs typing in SAY are blue.. All teams team_say is also their own respective color? - Reason being.. I have alot of plugins .. they announce alot of crap in the stanard tanish color of CS.. and so people are complaining that they cant see text msgs from other players..

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.
BlueRaja
Old 05-24-2005 , 21:10  
Reply With Quote #5

I'm too lazy to test it, but I *think* this should work...

I also fixed a bug that causes messages to not be displayed in the console; if anyone cares enough that I should fix it in the original plugin, I will, although I don't want to ruin my 400 downloads by uploading a new one .

Again, I haven't tested this, so reply as to whether or not it works.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (teamcolorchat.sma - 3080 views - 3.7 KB)
Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2005 , 22:39  
Reply With Quote #6

I tested it (not going to use it though) :

Old 05-25-2005 , 00:03  
Reply With Quote #7

Damn am I good.
Cereal.Killer
Old 05-25-2005 , 02:19  
Reply With Quote #8

Sorry Janet - just want to make sure from what I read.. did your chat appear in console? as in, it could be read by people who may have missed it?

BlueRaja - Will adminlisten2.3x or 2.4x (Not sure which I have) still pick up all chat? Will HLSW have any chat issues?

Thank you.
kid741010
Old 05-25-2005 , 02:22  
Reply With Quote #9

i like this
can set more color
BlueRaja
Old 05-25-2005 , 02:42  
Reply With Quote #10

Cereal: I'm not sure about admin_listen, but I know it works with psycholisten, as long as psycholisten is loaded *before* this plugin (that is, it's higher on the list).

kid: No. I already said those are all the colors available. It's built into the game engine; it's beyond my control.

[edit] I looked at the source code for adminlisten 2.3x; it should work, I believe, although (and this goes for psycholisten as well) I don't think the colors will show up when displaying text to players who shouldn't normally see it.