Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

ChamberVote2

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Natural Selection        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   devicenull (200)
OneEyed
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-13-2005 , 15:41   ChamberVote2
Reply With Quote #1

ChamberVote2 Plugin

Info: The plugin starts a vote for Aliens, 5 seconds after round begins, to choose which Alien Chamber to begin with. After 2nd hive is built, a new vote begins with the last 2 chambers, to decide which is next. After 3rd hive is built, all chambers are free to be built.

If all hives die, plugin will disable itself and all chambers will be unlocked.

Required: AMXX v1.60

Original Author By: Seraph
Revised/Renewed By: OneEyed

Tested on win32, (most-likely will work on Linux)

NOTE: Plugin will bug if you build 2nd hive before voting time is over (on first chamber). Only way this can happen is if your using sv_cheats 1

UPDATED - 1/21/2006 44P.M. CST:
-Fixed to work on AMXX 1.60

UPDATED - 7/11/2005 3:24P.M. CST :
-Fixed All hives down chamber unlock message
-Fixed Game ending really fast messing up voting
-Fixed bug with choosing sensory first, then voting movement and it breaking plugin.
UPDATED - 6/23/2005 2:24P.M. CST :
-FIXED 2nd round bugging.
UPDATED - 6/23/2005 12:07A.M. CST:
-Plugin working, download away! Fixed all known bugs with first version.

Code:
#include <amxmodx>
#include <ns>
#include <engine>
#include <fakemeta>

//Set color of Menu
#define R 255
#define G 200
#define B 100
//Set Voting Time
#define VOTE_TIME 25.0
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (chambervote2.sma - 2207 views - 10.4 KB)
Old 06-13-2005 , 16:36  
Reply With Quote #2

For the love of God... Why do so many plugin porters and authors neglect to indicate what their plugin does? People should not have to spelunk into the code or travel to far off reaches of the internets (thank you Mr. Bush) to figure out what a particular plugin does. Do not assume that everyone has the same knowledge about a plugin as yourself.

I beseech you, edit your post and tell people what the plugin does. Tell people why they'd want it. Sell it.

Edit: I don't even care about this particular plugin as it's for Natural Selection. Still though... My rant applies.
OneEyed
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-13-2005 , 17:03  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoralt
For the love of God... Why do so many plugin porters and authors neglect to indicate what their plugin does? People should not have to spelunk into the code or travel to far off reaches of the internets (thank you Mr. Bush) to figure out what a particular plugin does. Do not assume that everyone has the same knowledge about a plugin as yourself.

I beseech you, edit your post and tell people what the plugin does. Tell people why they'd want it. Sell it.

Edit: I don't even care about this particular plugin as it's for Natural Selection. Still though... My rant applies.
well if you play Natural Selection, you SHOULD know what this plugin does just by reading the title, but for your evil convenience, I wrote what it does at the top =).
cgountanis
Old 07-10-2005 , 02:56  
Reply With Quote #4

I found a 2 big bugs.

Sometimes when a game ends fast like someone joins then leaves the vote starts to early.

When all hives die the message "ALL HIVES ARE DEAD CHAMBEWR UNLOCKED" shows to all players.

Can that be fixed soon or should I get this from modns forums??? I love the concept.
OneEyed
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-11-2005 , 16:32  
Reply With Quote #5

Fixed all bugs, the plugin "should" be running smoothly now, but if you do find something be sure to post it so i can get a fix going =).
onosrider
Old 09-27-2005 , 15:50  
Reply With Quote #6

hi,

there is a problem for using chambervote with amxmodx 1.60. it compiles and works for the 1st vote but the 2nd hive and changer and also the 3rd never show another vote (only the 1st).

anyone got the same problem?
skead
BANNED
Old 10-08-2005 , 05:07  
Reply With Quote #7

me2
Send a message via ICQ to skead Send a message via MSN to skead
onosrider
Old 10-24-2005 , 03:23  
Reply With Quote #8

i hope for an update to amxx 1.60 soon this is a verry cool and usefull plugin please give us a working version for amxx 1.60!

thx
onosrider
Old 11-12-2005 , 12:38  
Reply With Quote #9

i try my luck again, any chance to get a working version for amxx 1.60 and ns 3.1? please

OneEyed
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-21-2006 , 17:27  
Reply With Quote #10

Updated to work with AMXX 1.60