Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] Valve's Guidelines are not enforced anymore

Post New Thread Reply   

fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2020 , 08:37   [CS:GO] Valve's Guidelines are not enforced anymore
Reply With Quote #1

Warmupserver asked Valve for enforcing their guidelines or to change them and allowing the skin changer. I'm totally aware that most of you are using these plugins. However, maybe some of you were just forced to use the skin changer as you've got mostly no chance without it.

If anybody wants to join the discution here is the reddit post.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...r_complaining/

As well we could discuss possible solution here of how to enforce the rules.
Ilusion9
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2020 , 11:07   Re: [CS:GO] Valve's Guidelines are not enforced anymore
Reply With Quote #2

The only solution to truly make servers owners remove ws and knife is to put a delay in using another token after your token was banned:
If token X from server with ip Y was banned, then the server with ip Y cannot use another token for 1 or 2 days.

Last edited by Ilusion9; 07-10-2020 at 11:08.
fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2020 , 12:28   Re: [CS:GO] Valve's Guidelines are not enforced anymore
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilusion9 View Post
The only solution to truly make servers owners remove ws and knife is to put a delay in using another token after your token was banned:
If token X from server with ip Y was banned, then the server with ip Y cannot use another token for 1 or 2 days.
This is the solution!
Other customers on the same IP with running servers and not banned tokens are unaffected. Only new customers on the same machine are having problems. But hosting providers could manage this by moving the customer to another IP.

Another solution would be to pay for each token 10$ and once you stop using it, you could return it and get your money back as long as it is not banned.
Ilusion9
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2020 , 05:56   Re: [CS:GO] Valve's Guidelines are not enforced anymore
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragnichtnach View Post
This is the solution!
Other customers on the same IP with running servers and not banned tokens are unaffected. Only new customers on the same machine are having problems. But hosting providers could manage this by moving the customer to another IP.

Another solution would be to pay for each token 10$ and once you stop using it, you could return it and get your money back as long as it is not banned.
Not too many providers will move banned servers on another ip, cause it's not that easy too buy many ips. even if they move the server on another ip, you lose players.

I don't think it's a solution paying 10$ for a token, those sites that gives unlimited token can give the same service for a higher price.

Just ban server's ips for 1 day, it's not too long, and i don't think it will affect servers providers, but it's long enough to lose some players.
Old 07-13-2020 , 11:44   Re: [CS:GO] Valve's Guidelines are not enforced anymore
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Just ban server's ips for 1 day, it's not too long, and i don't think it will affect servers providers, but it's long enough to lose some players.
Yeah, but ban for adding new tokens. And better do it for 2 days. Don't ban running servers with a fine token for having the same IP.

Quote:
Not too many providers will move banned servers on another ip, cause it's not that easy too buy many ips. even if they move the server on another ip, you lose players.
It 's only for new clients, which are not having players. They could as well refund the new client if they cannot get the server to work and charge the abusing client for the lost money.

Quote:
I don't think it's a solution paying 10$ for a token, those sites that gives unlimited token can give the same service for a higher price.
It would make it way more expensive to break the guidelines. Currently 100 tokens are sold for 15€. I don't think it would make sense to break the rules with paying 10€ for one token.
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2020 , 12:29   Re: [CS:GO] Valve's Guidelines are not enforced anymore
Reply With Quote #6

Changing the conversation... Doesn't Warmup Server offer access to these prohibited plugins, !ws, !knife, !gloves and etc. to players who acquire their VIP? Or was he wrong? I haven't been on their servers for a while.

If so, kind of pointless they are complaining about it right? If they do not follow the valve norms and rules.
fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2020 , 15:01   Re: [CS:GO] Valve's Guidelines are not enforced anymore
Reply With Quote #7

WarmupServer isn't using them. But I would understand people complaining about the current state although they are using these plugins. You're literally forced to use them if you want to have some players.

edit: It's not about quality. First it's about having a skin changer or not and second it's about quality.

Last edited by fragnichtnach; 07-13-2020 at 15:04. Reason: added info
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2020 , 17:21   Re: [CS:GO] Valve's Guidelines are not enforced anymore
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragnichtnach View Post
WarmupServer isn't using them. But I would understand people complaining about the current state although they are using these plugins. You're literally forced to use them if you want to have some players.

edit: It's not about quality. First it's about having a skin changer or not and second it's about quality.
I understand, even WarmupServer's side of complaining about it. But I don't see any point in complaining to VALVE about that, let's say.

My point of view, only mine. I have some servers myself, in the beginning I left without these plugins that violate the rules, always open servers for me and my friends to play and in my case I never cared if I had players or not to enter, because whenever I was going to play I managed close a team with friends and play.

Until we had the idea to put these plugins, just so that we can have that skin that we could never have, let's say, I understand that it is wrong in some way to circumvent these rules, but honestly I don't see it as a big problem, that I even try these plugins in my servers I still buy skins from the steam market, that is, spent on steam, I think this is the big question for VALVE to prohibit the use of these plugins, to avoid losing money. (If not, I even apologize, I would be grateful if someone can give me another valid reason for these prohibitions)

I also understand that many used these plugins to sell privileges, as they mentioned, the VIP in this case. But I myself have in mind, I am not obliged, I buy if you want, and if I buy I prefer to believe that server as an aid to keep servers online. It may seem a bit chiche to say that, since I have servers. Anyway, that's just my point of view.

From what I could see from the WarmupServer discussion, he says that with these plugins it is more difficult to open communities, server franchises. And I believe that you agree with me, but not everyone who opens a server, or thinks about opening it is to build a community, it is more just to have 3 servers to play with, let's say. Few even think of creating to have a large community.

Anyway, I always prefer to believe that we will arrive at a good solution for both sides. I will keep an eye on this discussion, who knows something good may come about it.

Sorry for bad English, using Google Translate.