Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2012 , 11:03   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
The issue was that you joined an sv_pure server before joining Hale. If it happens, cancel the map load immediately, restart TF2, then rejoin the Hale server.
I wonder, if we keep reporting this bug to Valve, will they eventually fix it?

(Background info: This is a known Source bug that happens if you switch between servers with different sv_pure whitelists, and since Vs. Saxton Hale requires that you whitelist sound/saxton_hale/...)

Last edited by Powerlord; 03-27-2012 at 11:04.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2012 , 11:08   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

If you would set a lower sv_pure setting (so assuming this disregards the whitelist) would that help? (besides all objections of that you should not sv_pure on a lower setting ofcourse)
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2012 , 11:56   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
If you would set a lower sv_pure setting (so assuming this disregards the whitelist) would that help? (besides all objections of that you should not sv_pure on a lower setting ofcourse)
I believe setting your server to sv_pure 0 would help, but I haven't tested it. As you mentioned, this allows for certain cheats that aren't strictly VAC bannable offenses, such as changing sounds so you can hear a Spy decloak from all the way across the map (blocked by the default sv_pure whitelist).

Vs. Saxton Hale requires either sv_pure 0 or sv_pure 1 as the models and sounds won't work with sv_pure 2.
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2012 , 12:00   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I did a test in the meantime, sv_pure 0 does not resolve this issue. I do have a lot of people always complaining about not able to see the special models. I think i will just put in a add "having problems?, reconnect"
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2012 , 12:37   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Any news on 1.39? I see Skial has been running it for a little while now
Old 03-27-2012 , 14:50   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm00 View Post
Any news on 1.39? I see Skial has been running it for a little while now
Think that it is their own custom, made by their own scripters. I have had the same question, not for sure though.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2012 , 21:44   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Skial's actually beta testing for me. And they've had some issues. Hence why 1.39 isn't out yet.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Buzzbrad
Old 03-27-2012 , 22:27   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Hey im having this problem where every time i join my own server i have to download all the sounds again. My fast download is fine all stuff in right directory, this happens with amplifier to. I tried not zip them and it still happened. My server is sv_pure 0. Any ideas? This also happens when i remove my fast download and just download from the server it redownloads.

Last edited by Buzzbrad; 03-27-2012 at 22:32.
Weksos
Old 03-28-2012 , 02:34   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbrad View Post
Hey im having this problem where every time i join my own server i have to download all the sounds again. My fast download is fine all stuff in right directory, this happens with amplifier to. I tried not zip them and it still happened. My server is sv_pure 0. Any ideas? This also happens when i remove my fast download and just download from the server it redownloads.
Check your fast download settings, file location, and also file extensions. If it is just the saxton hale files, try re-doing the uploads. After setting up your fast download, go into your server, use rcon, and type out "rcon sv_fastdownloadurl"(without quotes). If that ends up showing your fast download location and you still have the issue, then try setting up the max file size("net_maxfilesize 0", I have mine set at 0 for everything to be fast downloaded). Put the files on both the fast download server and on the game server. When you are downloading and if it's the Saxton Hale files, you should see the .bzip at the end of the file name for fast downloads. If it you see the same file but it goes from .bzip to .vmt/vtf/mp3/wav/etc, then it means your fast download isnt set up properly or the file name is different(caps make a big difference in this).

-Steve

Last edited by Weksos; 03-28-2012 at 02:42.
Buzzbrad
Old 03-28-2012 , 07:47   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weksos View Post
Check your fast download settings, file location, and also file extensions. If it is just the saxton hale files, try re-doing the uploads. After setting up your fast download, go into your server, use rcon, and type out "rcon sv_fastdownloadurl"(without quotes). If that ends up showing your fast download location and you still have the issue, then try setting up the max file size("net_maxfilesize 0", I have mine set at 0 for everything to be fast downloaded). Put the files on both the fast download server and on the game server. When you are downloading and if it's the Saxton Hale files, you should see the .bzip at the end of the file name for fast downloads. If it you see the same file but it goes from .bzip to .vmt/vtf/mp3/wav/etc, then it means your fast download isnt set up properly or the file name is different(caps make a big difference in this).

-Steve
Thanks so much Net_maxfilesize worked, just now the amplifier plugin when u build it its just a big error. Does that mean i didnt upload files correct? It says its a whitelist problem so where can i find my whitelist and what to put in it for amplifier

Last edited by Buzzbrad; 03-28-2012 at 07:49.
Closed Thread