Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Gives players with designated flag the ability to set their own custom tags, logs chat, and more
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    No longer supported
    Old 06-02-2014 , 01:07   [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
    Reply With Quote #1

Description
    NOTES: THIS VERSION OF THIS PLUGIN IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED. AS THE NAME IMPLIES, IT IS MADE FOR SOURCE 2009 GAMES (I.E. NOT CS:GO OR INSURGENCY). THE METHODOLOGY USED IN THIS VERSION WAS MESSY (HENCE THE "CONTAINS" AND "EQUALS" CFG FILE FIXES FOR BUGS). CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ARE INTERESTED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CURRENT VERSION OF THE PLUGIN.

This is my complete remake of plugins like Simple Chat Colors and Custom Chat Colors, only I started from scratch and didnt use a bit of their code. I have added a LOT of features...namely that all players with the configurable flag can set thier own tags and colors for tags,name, and chat.

In addition, since player can set any kind of tag (within a set length), I have made a cfg file (togschattags_blocked.cfg), each line of which will add phrases that are blocked (e.g. "admin). Any tags involving with these phrases inside will be blocked. Additionally, for troublesome users, I have implemented the ability to have admins not only remove their tags, but restrict them. This ability is accessible to admins via a configurable admin flag. Additionally, the entire plugin can be unload for the current map for any admins with another configurable admin flag.

All in all, I made this plugin after getting tired of players CONSTANTLY asking to have their personal tags changed.

Notes:
    • This plugin has a built in chat logger that can be enabled/disabled. Enabling will require you to have a subfolder in logs for chat logs (see Installation notes). This will log everything entered through chat, including silent triggers and admin chat commands (even if the admin chat commands are through console).
    • This plugin is entirely compatible with SCC/CCC, and if no tags are set on a player, will use the SCC/CCC setups, else will override them.
    • If player sets a tag while they have access, the tag will disappear as soon as they no longer have access.
    • Plugin comes with a full list of colors (which I think I borrowed from Supporter Colors), in addition to supporting any custom hex code colors.
    • Fully capable of late-loading (i.e. you can load the plugin mid-map and it will function fine).
    • All pre-defined colors accessible via the tags menu can be configured via config file (togschattags_colors.cfg).
    • Includes a funny response for any players trying to use chat while gagged (try it to see, I made it for a few of my plugins).
    • Full admin menu incorporation.
    • Full menu incorporated into client prefs menu (accessible via typing !settings or !tags)
    • "Enable/Disable Tag" toggles the entire tag settings on/off. The just remove the tag itself, set a blank one (i.e. type "!settag", with nothing following)
    • If enabled, plugin will auto-convert uppercase commands to lowercase commands, so they work. To be exact, it checks if the text starts with ! or /, and if so, checks if the second character is uppercase. If it is, it blocks the command, then resends it as all lower case.
    • Admin see-all is incorporated into the plugin as well. If enabled, admins with the set flag will see chat that would normally be hidden from them.
    • There are two config files: togschattags_ignore_equal and togschattags_ignore_contains, each line of which are used for exceptions of when the plugin should not convert chat. Anything in "togschattags_ignore_equal" is looking for EXACT phrases (e.g. if you put "rtv" as a line in it, and someone types "rtv everyone!", it will NOT recognise that as a phrase to ignore, but if they simply type "rtv", it will process it as if the plugin wasnt running). The "togschattags_ignore_contains" is looking for text that CONTAINS the phrases (e.g. if you put "bet ct" as a line, and a player types "bet ct all", it WILL recognise that as a phrase to ignore, and will process it as if the plugin wasnt running).

CVars

Admin Commands

Player Commands

Changelog

Installation
    • Install all .cfg files in addons/sourcemod/configs
    • Install .smx file in addons/sourcemod/plugins
    • Install .sp file in addons/sourcemod/scripting
    • If you wish to use the chat logging function of the plugin, you need to create a subfolder labeled "chatlogger" in your addons/sourcemod/logs/ folder.
      • Not required, but this is the source code if you were needing to edit the code
      • autoexecconfig.inc is only needed if you wish to compile the plugin after editing the code.
    • After running the plugin once, it will generate a cfg file to edit all cvars in (located in cfg/sourcemod/togschattags.cfg)

To Do:
    • Nothing at the moment...

Servers using this plugin
    >>> Click here to check out my approved plugins <<<
    Attached Files
    File Type: cfg togschattags_blocked.cfg (24 Bytes, 982 views)
    File Type: cfg togschattags_colors.cfg (8.7 KB, 1127 views)
    File Type: inc autoexecconfig.inc (16.3 KB, 787 views)
    File Type: cfg togschattags_ignore_contains.cfg (13 Bytes, 896 views)
    File Type: cfg togschattags_ignore_equal.cfg (16 Bytes, 930 views)
    File Type: smx togschattags.smx (43.7 KB, 837 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (togschattags.sp - 660 views - 86.2 KB)

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 01-20-2017 at 06:55. Reason: Added red disclaimer to top