Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Feature Request Ability to change the "[Store]" tag on chat messages

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 03-05-2013 , 13:31   Ability to change the "[Store]" tag on chat messages
Reply With Quote #1

Just a suggestion, based on my personal preferences.

I'd love to see the addition of the MoreColors.inc file into this, alongside the addition of two new lines in one of the config files that would allow server owners to change the "[Store]" tag (for example to "[STORE]" or "[SHOP]"), as well as the color of the tag via #RRGGBBAA (hence the request for MoreColors.inc)

Me personally, any tags I have for any chat messages are in capitals, and having "[Store]" appear alongside the all-caps tags looks odd to me
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 03-05-2013 , 18:24   Re: Ability to change the "[Store]" tag on chat messages
Reply With Quote #2

Update: So I found out how this plugin determines what the prefix tag is. Obviously, the majority of people who read this will probably know this already, but it's in the store-core.inc file.

PHP Code:
#define STORE_PREFIX "\x04[Store] \x01" 
I believe that a simple inclusion of "<morecolors>" would allow for the inclusion of any color in the prefix. However, I really think the current method of defining it in the store-core.inc file should be changed, and converted into a CVAR that can be set up and changed at will, allowing for flexibility and the option of changing the tag color.

Some people might not want to have "[Store]" prefixed, like myself. I'd prefer "[STORE]". Some people may even want to add their clan tag to the prefix, i.e. "[TF2 STORE]" (TF2 being a lame example )