Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-18-2011 , 13:24   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4.1 (Updated 8/27/10)
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoshMage View Post
Well, i might upgrade to this just because BUT my doubt is the following:

players on server = 0 ; map = de_dust2
players on server >= 4; mapvote
-->IF mapvote votes < 1 = random map is chosen
players on server < 4; vote "want to go back to de_dust2?"

is this possible with this plugin?
If the fourth item on your list is enabled, the plugin cannot also do the first (and vice versa). I may look into a way to make the plugin change the map if the server is empty.

Last edited by Steell; 01-23-2011 at 13:34.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-18-2011 , 13:34   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4.1 (Updated 8/27/10)
Reply With Quote #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
We seem to be having a problem with IMR. At some points after a group has been voted it just picks a map out of the blue. It kept grabbing mountainlab for some reason which wasn't in any group at all. I've since added it to see if having it in a group makes a difference. Here is my config, please let me know if you see any syntax errors or what other info you need to assist me with this problem.
It doesn't look like anything is wrong with your syntax. If you could send me a PM with your config file and a list of all your running plugins, as well as an example from your logs where the wrong map is loaded, then I may be able to help you with the problem.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-18-2011 , 13:36   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4.1 (Updated 8/27/10)
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azelphur View Post
Feature request, any chance on having it capable of excluding previously played map groups as well as previously played maps? for example

3 Groups, CTF, KOTH, PL
sm_random_rtv_type is 1 so map group votes are used
the server is currently running koth_sawmill which is in the PL group
PL is excluded from the vote because sm_random_rtv_exclude is 1, and PL was recently played

Thanks
I will see if I can find a good way to implement this in a future version.
away000
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2011 , 19:56   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4.1 (Updated 8/27/10)
Reply With Quote #124

Thanks, work soo well, but i think can u implement this type of vote:

Players are playng XC;
Do RTV;
Appear a "Mod Vote";
After choose what mod we will play appear a map of mod vote?

Like this:
RTV>>>CHOOSE MOD>>> CHOOSE MAP OF MODE?

This will make more easy to control a MultiMod server...

Thanks again for ur help, maybe i think in more things to implement ur plugin but for it's working too fine!
Vathral
Old 01-19-2011 , 04:23   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4.1 (Updated 8/27/10)
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
I will look into this.

EDIT: Improved Map Randomizer does not require nextmap.smx to be disabled. My understanding is that those features are controlled by that plugin, so try enabling it and see if that solves your problem.
They do seem to have conflict with each other. IMR vote for example would say pl_goldrush won the vote but on a mapchange, a different map loads and it's certainly not goldrush! It was one of the complaints from members as to why votes aren't working. Once nextmap.smx was disabled, the problem disappeared.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2011 , 07:24   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4.1 (Updated 8/27/10)
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
It doesn't look like anything is wrong with your syntax. If you could send me a PM with your config file and a list of all your running plugins, as well as an example from your logs where the wrong map is loaded, then I may be able to help you with the problem.
I resolved the issue. One of the admins had enabled another map rotation plugin since it had a strange name they didn't realize would conflict with it. Thanks for the support though.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-19-2011 , 11:51   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4.1 (Updated 8/27/10)
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vathral View Post
They do seem to have conflict with each other. IMR vote for example would say pl_goldrush won the vote but on a mapchange, a different map loads and it's certainly not goldrush! It was one of the complaints from members as to why votes aren't working. Once nextmap.smx was disabled, the problem disappeared.
Are you saying that nextmap caused votes to stop working? Or players just didn't think they were working because nextmap was reporting back the wrong map? To set the next map after a vote, I use the built-in sourcemod function which does it for me, and I'm assuming nextmap polls whatever variable that function sets, so I'm not certain why that information would conflict.

Rather than rewrite nextmap's functionality entirely, I'll see if I can block the nextmap command and have it display a different message instead.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-22-2011 , 09:19   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4.1 (Updated 8/27/10)
Reply With Quote #128

I've got an update in the works, it should be released this evening. Stay tuned.
Vathral
Old 01-22-2011 , 14:43   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4.1 (Updated 8/27/10)
Reply With Quote #129

I'm sorry, massive fail on my end. Was away from things for a while but it's not the plugin itself nextmap.smx that conflicts with the plugin. I meant that can't use the command set_nextmap since I had to disable mapchooser.smx. Admins really needed the command so I enabled mapchooser again and set it in the config file so it doesn't run a end of map vote or decide on a map. That is the plugin causing the different maps to load even if it doesn't run a vote.

Hope I didn't cause any headaches.
away000
Veteran Member
Old 01-23-2011 , 21:44   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4.1 (Updated 8/27/10)
Reply With Quote #130

And about my ideas???