Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Counter-Strike should be free to play?

Post New Thread Reply   

tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2018 , 21:12   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #11

instead of making it free, they should come up with some way to block the non steam game, and fix stuff on Steam

i have 4 servers thats always has players online and most of the time are full and it's Steam Only servers!
Syturi0
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2018 , 21:49   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
instead of making it free, they should come up with some way to block the non steam game, and fix stuff on Steam

i have 4 servers thats always has players online and most of the time are full and it's Steam Only servers!
That would ruin the game.
I play 1.6 for over 10 years, and only recently i got Steam (because a friend bought me).
CS:1.6 should be free, especially now, or atleast his price drastically reduced.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2018 , 08:00   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #13

And how are they going to "block" something that they have no control over? Instead of dealing with "no steam = no support" crap, just make the game free to play and end everyone's misery. The non-steam versions are much more used than the actual game in Steam.
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2018 , 10:12   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #14

If you never lived in Russia or Brazil or other third-world countries, you won't get it. Yes, sometimes it's too expensive or too hard to buy.. but in such countries it's part of mentality. You can go to a shop and spend 5$-6$ on food but You won't pay for games even if the price is only 0.1$. Hard life teaches you to save any penny. Even when life gets easier You can't change your mind.
And yes, kids have no way to pay games... CD/DVD gone for good, and not even all adults have plastic cards. You don't have to ask parents... just download.
I agree with ohyeah1234, communities for CS/CSS are dying, if nothing changes in may be 5 years we will have no large game-servers. It's already hard to find hl:dm servers with players

Last edited by kadet.89; 04-21-2018 at 10:20.
Send a message via Skype™ to kadet.89
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-21-2018 , 10:18   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadet.89 View Post
If you never lived in Russia or Brazil or other third-world countries, you won't get it. Yes, sometimes it's too expensive or too hard to buy.. but in such countries it's part of mentality. You can go to a shop and spend 5$-6$ but You wan't pay for games even if the price is only 0.1$. Hard life teaches you to save any penny. Even when life gets easier You can't change your mind.
And yes, kids have no way to pay games... CD/DVD gone for good, and not even all adults have plastic cards. You don't have to ask parents... just download.
We all wish we lived in Russia. Everything on Steam Store is -50% off, all the time. On -90%, generally 1.6 reaches 99 cents, in Russia is 49.
Old 04-21-2018 , 10:30   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #16

Relaxing, believe me You wouldn't like to live in Russia. I've been on both sides of the border and tested the life in Europe and Russia. Most "foreigners" have no idea about life in Russia. Game prices are fading in front of other problems.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2018 , 14:06   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadet.89 View Post
If you never lived in Russia or Brazil or other third-world countries, you won't get it. Yes, sometimes it's too expensive or too hard to buy.. but in such countries it's part of mentality. You can go to a shop and spend 5$-6$ on food but You won't pay for games even if the price is only 0.1$. Hard life teaches you to save any penny. Even when life gets easier You can't change your mind.
I agree with ohyeah1234, communities for CS/CSS are dying, if nothing changes in may be 5 years we will have no large game-servers. It's already hard to find hl:dm servers with players
my servers are all in Brazil! don't say that people can't afford to buy the damm game that everyone knows it's a lie, ppl just want the easy solution to everything
kadet.89
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2018 , 14:15   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #18

tarsisd2, apparently You have no idea how people live in favelas, Rassia... and you haven't read all off my message or You would not call me a liar

Last edited by kadet.89; 04-21-2018 at 14:17.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-21-2018 , 16:19   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #19

Then i wonder how all these poor people have the money to buy a computer and canma afford a monthly fee for internet....

Last edited by Mordekay; 04-21-2018 at 16:19.
Syturi0
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2018 , 16:31   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Then i wonder how all these poor people have the money to buy a computer and canma afford a monthly fee for internet....
In my contry, CS:1.6 costs the same as 1 month of internet (10~ MB speed).
This conversation makes no sense, stop judging other ppl, most non-steam players are kids or people with not much money to waste on a game that they can play for free, specially kids with no acess to mom/dad credit card like all American kids do.