12% 

amxmod.net

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-04-2018 , 16:25   Re: amxmod.net
Reply With Quote #11

Here maybe some insight.
I don't know him personally, but I can say for sure he's an obsessional lone hard-worker who has strived or maybe dreamed to gain control over AMX Mod. He got it now. Probably because he was the only person who would still care about AMX. Originally, he's a grand fan of AMX and he would create AMX packs with various plugins/modules and customizations. Now he took over AMX project, he can do everything like he wants. If you look at his messages on AMX forum, he's trying to solve everything alone and doesn't want to work as a team, he wants to decide everything. He said it multiple times. That's why AMX 2010.1 ended with a backdoor. I know for facts he played sometimes with those hidden commands on servers under AMX and that's why those servers migrated to AMXX. Mysterious, isn't?
I don't think I'm wrong by saying what he's trying to do now, is to importing as AMXX stuff as possible (like they did since the versions 2005, 2006.1, 2006.2, 2006.3, 2010.1) to reduce the gap, adding own stuff, customizing everything with his touch', updating all the available plugins, and then releasing an addon up-to-date and ready-to-use. With no community behind.
So, edon1337, I don't know what's up with him, whether he has some personal issues or not, but I believe he probably just wants to manage his own project with full control, including all the shady stuff and weird decisions with no one to review behind.
As you stated, all the text written on the AMX website is about trying hard and being desperate to justify his actions, playing the victim, telling how AMXX is evil and how AMX is superior to AMXX. Not sure why going to that extend and why so focused on AMXX, but so be it.

Last edited by Arkshine; 09-04-2018 at 17:06.
DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2018 , 17:07   Re: amxmod.net
Reply With Quote #12

I came on his forum a few weeks ago and posted some messages explaining how I was offusqued by the backdoor, and how it was bad to use AMX. He took time to explain me his motivations behind and why this has been added ( in the subject "future AMX version development" ). I still believe this is bad and mainly the fact he hidden this from the people, even if I understand better now why he did. I also believe he is a nice guy who has solid and pure intentions with his attempt to provide something different for us. After that I came on his server and I was really impressed by how it was configured and I didn't expected AMX being able to handle various things as well as AMXX, but it appears his stuff he is developping can. I was mostly amazed by how much of an improvement he did to Krot@l chopper mod, using real fire bullets and a lot of bug fixes compared to the old versions. That made my change my mind a bit about AMX, considering that he is really putting a lot of work on it especially with the updated plug-ins. I also heard from him he will not remove his backdoor but instead, he will add in the next version an eula file where he will explain the reasons about it, additionnaly to other things as his special politic...
He told me the news here is bullshit. Personally, I don't think it's the right word, Arkshune mainly tried to inform people about something unavailable in the source code of AMX, but, in binaries. Each of you want to prove he has right and the other has wrong, but for us, it could remain difficult to choose when various things are strange (is some anti amx action? and why he will spend all of this time on working on it just to hack us? this makes no-sense ). But nevermind it's done...
I'm gonna personnaly track development of both projects, and what's up for the future with them especially to see what's new, the differences between both of these projects etc.

Last edited by DarthMan; 09-22-2018 at 10:43.