Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.5, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!

Post New Thread Reply   

sarysa
Old 04-10-2015 , 12:02   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp BETA v0.9.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and cod
Reply With Quote #11

Well I've tidied up the animations. The one problem I'm having, only thePFA can fix. It seems that dmx hardcodes the material path (why valve WHY) and when I import/export the DMX, the file size shrinks by 1/3. I can only assume there is loss involved.

Could you send a dmx with the file path changed from
models/player/saxton_hale2/
to
models/player/saxton_physical/

My concern is the first path just isn't distinct enough, seeing how Hale's been out for almost 5 years now. It could easily be used by private communities and cause file clashes.

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2015 , 13:02   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp BETA v0.9.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and cod
Reply With Quote #12

here's the fixed dmx
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w281wtntr...nhale.dmx?dl=0
sarysa
Old 04-10-2015 , 13:25   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp BETA v0.9.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and cod
Reply With Quote #13

Nice, that was fast. Worked like a charm. Thanks!

I've been able to give him a working ragdoll and gibs, so he'll be pretty much good to go. One or two more code fixes and I'll have an actual release.
Old 04-10-2015 , 14:00   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp BETA v0.9.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and cod
Reply With Quote #14

Gibs? That's possible?

Are you going to make him not drop real gibs and spawn your own?

[In which case, why do people care so much about the gibs. Everyone's complacent with them not existing or being a normal soldier, and especially for FF2, it's not like the 100 of other FF2 bosses will have this much detail. Ragdoll though is ok go head l o l].
Old 04-10-2015 , 14:12   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp BETA v0.9.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and cod
Reply With Quote #15

scout's gibs code
PHP Code:
$collisiontext
{
    break 
    {

"model" "player\gibs\scoutgib007"
        "health" "0"
        "fadetime" "10"

}
    break 
    {

"model" "player\gibs\scoutgib002"
        "health" "0"
        "fadetime" "10"

}
    break 
    {

"model" "player\gibs\scoutgib004"
        "health" "0"
        "fadetime" "10"

}
    break 
    {

"model" "player\gibs\scoutgib006"
        "health" "0"
        "fadetime" "10"

}
    break 
    {

"model" "player\gibs\random_organ"
        "health" "0"
        "fadetime" "10"

}
    break 
    {

"model" "player\gibs\scoutgib001"
        "health" "0"
        "fadetime" "10"

}
    break 
    {

"model" "player\gibs\scoutgib003"
        "health" "0"
        "fadetime" "10"

}
    break 
    {

"model" "player\gibs\scoutgib005"
        "health" "0"
        "fadetime" "10"

}
    break 
    {

"model" "player\gibs\scoutgib008"
        "health" "0"
        "fadetime" "10"

}
    break 
    {

"model" "player\gibs\scoutgib009"
        "health" "0"
        "fadetime" "10"

}

sarysa
Old 04-10-2015 , 14:34   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #16

I'm just giving him Soldier gibs. Not making my own, lol. If someone wants to go through the trouble of making saxton-specific gibs, I'll happily make a revision. Or someone else could make a revision, since I've provided the sources for building the model.

Anyway, I'm happy to announce that version 1.0.0 has been released! He may need maintenance from time to time, but I'm treating him as out of beta at this point. Fix list is as stated here:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...77&postcount=8

And model has been updated in the first post as well. I know FlaminSarge for instance expressed interest in giving Saxton a more appropriate taunt animation. It's free for anyone to use and manipulate. Just be sure to only export animation .smd files, not the model SMD. thePFA's work will surely be butchered if you accidentally overwrite the model SMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian_ View Post
hm... stomp animation from duck [...]?
I did all the animations in Blender, but I'm an amateur...heh. I don't know who this duck person is.

Last edited by sarysa; 04-10-2015 at 14:44.
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2015 , 14:45   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarysa View Post
I'm just giving him Soldier gibs. Not making my own, lol. If someone wants to go through the trouble of making saxton-specific gibs, I'll happily make a revision. Or someone else could make a revision, since I've provided the sources for building the model.

Anyway, I'm happy to announce that version 1.0.0 has been released! He may need maintenance from time to time, but I'm treating him as out of beta at this point. Fix list is as stated here:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...77&postcount=8

And model has been updated in the first post as well. I know FlaminSarge for instance expressed interest in giving Saxton a more appropriate taunt animation. It's free for anyone to use and manipulate. Just be sure to only export animation .smd files, not the model SMD. thePFA's work will surely be butchered if you accidentally overwrite the model SMD.

I did all the animations in Blender, but I'm an amateur...heh. I don't know who this duck person is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uefVzZvJoco

Last edited by Maximilian_; 04-10-2015 at 14:46.
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2015 , 14:50   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #18

Maybe will good boss
thePFA
Old 04-10-2015 , 14:52   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #19

I really want to make Saxton Hale gibs.
sarysa
Old 04-10-2015 , 14:54   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian_ View Post
Haha, cute. But no, my cannonball is completely custom. In fact I made Saxton's a bit loose since making his too tight would warp him too much. GMTA, I suppose.
(not to mention blender's animation import tools suck, can only import one animation at a time and it completely overwrites an existing animation...and good luck if the animation doesn't have every single bone assigned in the SMD...only stand/crouch idle poses were usable starting points)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePFA View Post
I really want to make Saxton Hale gibs.
Awesome. By all means download the model+animation sources from the first post, then. Though keep in mind, every gib requires an individual model for downloading and precaching so I'm not sure how server operators would react. Maybe just two or three distinct gibs with the rest of them from the Soldier?

Last edited by sarysa; 04-10-2015 at 14:57.