Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Changes CTF to have only 1 Intel, forcing BLU to always be defensive and RED to always be offensive.
    Old 12-19-2014 , 16:24   [TF2]Attackers Go Red
    Reply With Quote #1

ATTACKERS GO RED

"Attackers Go Red" is basically "Capture the Flag" mixed with "King of the Hill" in a sense. The BLU team wins by protecting their intel until time runs out. RED wins by capturing the intel the maximum amount of times within that time limit.

All this plugin does is the following:
    • Once the round begins, look at the current map for the keyword "ctf" in its name.
    • If it has it, find/create a "team_round_timer" entity, set its time, and hook its "OnFinished" output.
    • Remove the RED Intel by searching for "item_teamflag" entities with a TeamNum of 2.
    • With the hooked event, force the BLU team to automatically win once the timer runs out.
    CVARs
    tf_avd_timelimit: How long BLU must defend the intel for in minutes. (Default: 15)
    tf_flag_caps_per_round: [Built-into TF2] How many flag caps RED must get to win. (Default: 3)

I made this plugin because I had fun playing Fortress Forever like this on some random servers, when it was more active. I thought porting it over would be interesting. Also, normal CTF to me is plagued with Sentry Nests on both teams. This could help mitigate at least ONE of the team's being too defensive.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf_attackersgored.sp - 695 views - 2.6 KB)
    Old 01-20-2015 , 09:29   Re: [TF2]Attackers Go Red
    Reply With Quote #2

Minor nitpick, but isn't the attacking team usually blue?
    xkirby
    Old 01-22-2015 , 19:16   Re: [TF2]Attackers Go Red
    Reply With Quote #3

Yeah, I took the name and design from playing Fortress Forever and from a site/community of Quake-World TF players called AGR. I could easily make it so BLU is the attacker, but I think this serves its purpose for now.
    Old 11-18-2019 , 12:38   Re: [TF2]Attackers Go Red
    Reply With Quote #4

Great Plugin!