Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Admin Say Tag Prefix

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Admin Commands       
alferd
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2020 , 05:44   Admin Say Tag Prefix
Reply With Quote #1

Admin Say Tag Prefix

version 1.5

Description:
Using this plugin, The admin can specify their prefix tag
Only with the following code
Type in the console
Code:
setinfo prefix "Your Tag Prefix"
Image:

Commands:
  • say/say_team /prefix | On/Off Tag Prefix

Thanks For Arion

Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (Admin_Say_Prefix.sma - 360 views - 2.4 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (Admin_Say_Prefix-1.5.sma - 299 views - 2.9 KB)

The greatest civilization of 🇮🇷IRAN🇮🇷

Last edited by alferd; 07-06-2020 at 16:06.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 07-06-2020 , 05:48   Re: Admin Say Tag Prefix
Reply With Quote #2

Seriously, how is this better than https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=297952?
alferd
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2020 , 06:16   Re: Admin Say Tag Prefix
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
Seriously, how is this better than https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=297952?
The chat manager plugin is very good
But in my plugin, the tag prefix admin can change at any time

( setinfo prefix "Your Tag Prefix" )

thEsp
BANNED
Old 07-06-2020 , 06:35   Re: Admin Say Tag Prefix
Reply With Quote #4

And how is having 1 small "advantage" over 5 or more enough to publish another plugin whose code is stupidly bad?
alferd
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2020 , 06:43   Re: Admin Say Tag Prefix
Reply With Quote #5

I'm sorry I didn't understand what you meant
?
Do you speak more clearly?

Foxa
Old 07-06-2020 , 08:08   Re: Admin Say Tag Prefix
Reply With Quote #6

Your plugin is a lot simpler then the one thEsp sent, which obviously isn't bad since some people just don't want to spend time to configure the plugin for it to work how they want - they want a point and click type deal.

Anyways, I'm sure that there are plugins which already do the same and are probably better coded.

Some of the variable names don't DO what they're supposed to, which is not a problem but if the code was longer and you did that multiple times the code becomes hard to read/understand.
You're using a sz "prefix" for variables that are of a string type, but then you create a variable named szAlive and use it as a boolean? The same goes for "{" in if/else statements, don't indent them but if you're gonna do something like that -> indent them everywhere.
As I said not a problem, but it's those little things that will help you make your code look better and be more easily readable

In previous codes that you posted you didn't credit the author and now you're crediting them line by line that you saw from one of their plugins. When people told you to credit the author they they meant that you're supposed to credit the blocks of code that they provided (constants, functions, solutions, etc) not stuff like remove_quotes() or one simple if statement.

I'm not here to spit on your work, I'm not here to laugh at you or something like that. I don't know much but where I think I can post a comment/give criticism I will.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2020 , 08:47   Re: Admin Say Tag Prefix
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
It's too convoluted. Far from be-all/end-all. Thus. A dozen pages of support. This is a simpler plugin.
Old 07-06-2020 , 08:58   Re: Admin Say Tag Prefix
Reply With Quote #8

I'd suggest you focus on improving your skills instead of submitting random plugins that already exist by copying someone else's codes.

At least if you're making something that was made before, make it better. Your code is just bad, not to mention the plugin won't work properly and cannot be combined with other plugins that handle the chat. For instance, are you aware that the team chat is only visible for alive players?

Quote:
Do not post plugins "just for the sake of it". eg. A fulfilled request may have been useful for one or a few people, but that does not necessarily mean that it has a place in the Approved section. Please take the time to expand your knowledge and produce some quality work.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 07-06-2020 at 09:01.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
thEsp
BANNED
Old 07-06-2020 , 09:34   Re: Admin Say Tag Prefix
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
It's too convoluted. Far from be-all/end-all. Thus. A dozen pages of support. This is a simpler plugin.
Having a complex plugin is far more ideal than having a poor one. This one is not simple but rather poor. Complex things don't come completed out of the box. Most of the time they have mistakes and will be asked for improvements, what did you expect? Also don't forget reckless people don't bother reading the documentation of a certain thing and then call for support.
Foxa
Old 07-06-2020 , 12:01   Re: Admin Say Tag Prefix
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
are you aware that the team chat is only visible for alive players?
Well the say chat is also visible only to alive/dead players (depends on the status of a sender), forgot to point that out to him before lmao.