Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Survivor Upgrades

Post New Thread Reply   

chunXray
Old 08-08-2009 , 00:22   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #321

Code:
L 08/07/2009 - 19:15:35: [SM] Native "GetEventInt" reported: Invalid game event handle 3 (error 1)
L 08/07/2009 - 19:15:35: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "survivor_upgrades_k3.smx":
L 08/07/2009 - 19:15:35: [SM]   [0]  Line 602, E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\addons\sourcemod\scripting\survivor_upgrades_k3.sp::Event_PlayerHurt()
i got some error during game, what is it

i thought the
Code:
new attacker = GetEventInt(event, "attacker");
should became
Code:
new attacker= GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(event, "attacker"));
or somwthing else

Last edited by chunXray; 08-08-2009 at 00:25.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2009 , 01:56   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #322

hey, is this compatible with the Item buy system?

because if it's not it would be really cool to win points with the buddy system and then buy an unpgrade.

link the the thread:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...=95565&page=24
Whosat
Old 08-08-2009 , 02:09   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunXray View Post
Code:
L 08/07/2009 - 19:15:35: [SM] Native "GetEventInt" reported: Invalid game event handle 3 (error 1)
L 08/07/2009 - 19:15:35: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "survivor_upgrades_k3.smx":
L 08/07/2009 - 19:15:35: [SM]   [0]  Line 602, E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\addons\sourcemod\scripting\survivor_upgrades_k3.sp::Event_PlayerHurt()
i got some error during game, what is it

i thought the
Code:
new attacker = GetEventInt(event, "attacker");
should became
Code:
new attacker= GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(event, "attacker"));
or somwthing else
No it shouldn't be. The attacker will be 0 if its invalid.
I couldn't check the client if its 0 because it will always be 0 for the host if you're hosting a listen (local) server.

May I know when you encounter that error? I've never seen that error before. My guess is that its a weird event error. Any other developers can help me on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR.2 View Post
hey, is this compatible with the Item buy system?

because if it's not it would be really cool to win points with the buddy system and then buy an unpgrade.

link the the thread:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...=95565&page=24
Nope - you can get the plugin author to implement it, although that will be quite a bit of work if he hasn't got any part of this in yet. (Incendiary ammo is not part of L4D's built-in survivorupgrades, Jerrith made it)

*Looking for a few testers for the KrX's Survivor Upgrades, a rewrite of Survivor Upgrades by Jerrith, plus more features.
I have no time to extensively test the code I write thus I need some testers to help me with that.

Last edited by Whosat; 08-08-2009 at 02:12.
alicia
Old 08-08-2009 , 13:24   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #324

Whosat - I can test your newest re-write on 1 or 2 of my servers.
lostone
Old 08-08-2009 , 13:28   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #325

I would like to try it please maybe do some testing on my own
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2009 , 18:59   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #326

i like these upgrades, but i don't like too much the way you obtain them that's all. that's why i suggest the Point system because it forces you to be a teammate.

and i don't like the fact you can have hollow bullets and incendiary bullets at the same time, i think it should be one, then when you get an upgrade it's replaced for the other.
AngryVag
Old 08-08-2009 , 21:20   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #327

Whosat,

I'm seeing weird, random message about survivors using items (chalk, second wind, etc.) mostly at map start before survivors have even loaded or moved from the safe room. Also, the "second" team of survivors doesn't always get upgrades. Meaning, those who start as infected.

Otherwise, it seems great!

Any ideas?

Oh, and I can help with version tests if you like.
Old 08-08-2009 , 22:36   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia View Post
Whosat - I can test your newest re-write on 1 or 2 of my servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostone View Post
I would like to try it please maybe do some testing on my own
Hmm I think I have enough for now. I'll keep you in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR.2 View Post
i like these upgrades, but i don't like too much the way you obtain them that's all. that's why i suggest the Point system because it forces you to be a teammate.

and i don't like the fact you can have hollow bullets and incendiary bullets at the same time, i think it should be one, then when you get an upgrade it's replaced for the other.
Ah. That'll take a while to implement - I'll see what time I have left first. Oh and I included limited ammo in the next release. Every special ammo you get you have default 120 ammo added to your special ammo stack. So if you have both you have 240 ammo of specialammo. I'll try implementing only having one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryVag View Post
Whosat,

I'm seeing weird, random message about survivors using items (chalk, second wind, etc.) mostly at map start before survivors have even loaded or moved from the safe room. Also, the "second" team of survivors doesn't always get upgrades. Meaning, those who start as infected.

Otherwise, it seems great!

Any ideas?

Oh, and I can help with version tests if you like.
Ah yes that its been quite a headache getting rid of those. I think I've eliminated that bug in the next release
I haven't gone through versus fully. I'll take a look. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2009 , 06:23   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #329

Hi all i am new to your forum and i think its great the only trouble is i am a complete noob, i run a linux based server and i would love to run this mod but i have no idea how to do it, i downloaded both the things in the first thread but i cant open them i dont know anything so please dont laugh and please help.
Whosat
Old 08-09-2009 , 08:13   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanman View Post
Hi all i am new to your forum and i think its great the only trouble is i am a complete noob, i run a linux based server and i would love to run this mod but i have no idea how to do it, i downloaded both the things in the first thread but i cant open them i dont know anything so please dont laugh and please help.
You're asking in the wrong place. But I'll answer anyway

Put the .smx file into the left4dead/addons/sourcemod/plugins/ folder.
The .sp file is not needed unless you want to take a look at/edit the source code.

Restart the server to get it working. Then check left4dead/cfg/sourcemod/ for the config file. Open it in a text editor. Edit what you want, save, then restart your server.

P.S. Use the version mentioned in my Signature.

Last edited by Whosat; 08-09-2009 at 08:17.