Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)

Post New Thread Reply   

joozy
Old 04-19-2008 , 23:18   Re: Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)
Reply With Quote #11

how do i open up the ctx files? i looked for ctx explorer to no avail
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 04-21-2008 , 08:03   Re: Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)
Reply With Quote #12

Attached to http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...516#post612516 is a program to compile and decompile CTX files.
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 04-21-2008 , 19:16   Re: Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)
Reply With Quote #13

Any of you need help tweaking the ctx files? I have been messing with them all weekend and have a pretty clear ways of changing the rates of fire, strength of each shot fired, number of bullets per shot fired, type of round to fire from each gun etc and the speed of reloads, each classes speed for running, base health, max health, heal rates etc.

Let me know what your trying to setup and I can likely upload an example. For example I changed the Pyro's shotty to fire rockets instead of bullets. Now I got mad packs of Pyro's running wild rocket jumping all over the place. I then modded the HWG to fire sniper rounds but sounds are actually the sound of a sticky being fired giving it a nice muffled sound.

-Teddy
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2008 , 03:40   Re: Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)
Reply With Quote #14

I messed with them quite a bit but never did figure out a few things...

1) Trying to place another classes weapon in a different spot. For example, putting a sniper rifle in the Soldier's melee slot instead of making him have 2 primary weapons.

2) Never did quite figure out if you could get rid of reserve ammo and make weapons function like the sniper rifle (25 shots with no reserved ammo to reload with) or flame thrower (200 with no reserved). I would love to be able to just give the Soldier like 16 rockets with no reserved ammo.

Also, a couple other minimal things I was interested in was getting rid of scoping on the sniper rifle (no zooming) and giving them a crosshair when not zoomed in. Also, was trying to figure out how to differentiate as the CTX file for sniper rifle said like 4 dmg? Im assuming thats a multiplier but never did quite interpret all that.

If you can figure any of that stuff out I would forever be indepted to you.
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 04-22-2008 , 07:24   Re: Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
I messed with them quite a bit but never did figure out a few things...

1) Trying to place another classes weapon in a different spot. For example, putting a sniper rifle in the Soldier's melee slot instead of making him have 2 primary weapons.
So-So luck with this trying to get fire come out of the pyro's axe I will try more later this week.

Quote:
2) Never did quite figure out if you could get rid of reserve ammo and make weapons function like the sniper rifle (25 shots with no reserved ammo to reload with) or flame thrower (200 with no reserved). I would love to be able to just give the Soldier like 16 rockets with no reserved ammo.
RL with 16 Rockets ONLY. NO reserve at all. He can refill the 16 rockets but only by picking up ammo, weapon or going to a cabinet etc.
http://72.233.53.200/maps/dev/16rockets.zip

Drop the attached soldier.ctx in the scripts/playerclasses/ folder and the weapons file in the scripts dir.

Quote:
Also, a couple other minimal things I was interested in was getting rid of scoping on the sniper rifle (no zooming) and giving them a crosshair when not zoomed in. Also, was trying to figure out how to differentiate as the CTX file for sniper rifle said like 4 dmg? Im assuming thats a multiplier but never did quite interpret all that.
I am still trying to find a way to give the sniper no-zoomed a scope. I will let you know if I have any luck. As for the damage I am also trying to sort out exactly how it works per shot + amount of charge.

Quote:
If you can figure any of that stuff out I would forever be indepted to you.
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2008 , 12:16   Re: Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)
Reply With Quote #16

Sweet, that works. I was going more for trying to get rid of that 0 from showing up (like sniper rifle and flame thrower) but still haven't managed to figure that one out yet. I was thinking -1 instead of 0 but I don't think that worked. (Im kind of tired so I can't remember if I restarted the server).
joozy
Old 04-23-2008 , 02:06   Re: Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
Attached to http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...516#post612516 is a program to compile and decompile CTX files.
// Ammo & Clip.
"primary_ammo" "TF_AMMO_PRIMARY"
"secondary_ammo" "None"
"clip_size" "6"
"default_clip" "6"
"ProjectileType" "projectile_pipe"

where does it say reserve ammo here? i want 6 grenades to fire and 48 in reserve.

EDIT: you have to edit the playerclasses .ctx to get to set the ammo in reserve.. thanks again

Last edited by joozy; 04-23-2008 at 02:27.
sirmoe
Old 04-23-2008 , 20:30   Re: Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)
Reply With Quote #18

I want to increase the number of stickies you can lay without detonation, possible?
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 04-26-2008 , 01:17   Re: Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmoe View Post
I want to increase the number of stickies you can lay without detonation, possible?
I have not found a way to do this yet. I can make them fire unlimited stickies but they never detonate. Just lay around the map and look purdy.

I am still looking however

-Teddy
Sturmeh
Old 04-27-2008 , 23:15   Re: Remove Reload / Change Max Ammo (TF2)
Reply With Quote #20

Here's a link:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/CtxConverter