Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translations

Post New Thread Reply   

You9
Old 12-29-2016 , 16:40   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translat
Reply With Quote #201

When you compile with F6, then now you can 50/50 CTRL + Z your code - Progress
_AeonOne_
Old 12-29-2016 , 16:43   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translat
Reply With Quote #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelipoika View Post
Amazing... I dragged that useless file viewer all the way to the left and now i cant drag it back

AHAHAHA, well
I should have set a minwidth for the left panel :'D

Just navigate to the installation directory and delete your options_0.dat
Your options will be lost but after that (your configs will be kept), the width is again at default.

EDIT: a "non-invasive"-method is, to extend your window-width. The object browser is in a fixed-width so you just extended it so far, so you see the splitter again and then you can drag it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You9 View Post
When you compile with F6, then now you can 50/50 CTRL + Z your code - Progress
What?

Last edited by _AeonOne_; 12-29-2016 at 16:56.
oscarlawson2
Old 12-30-2016 , 22:38   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translat
Reply With Quote #203

Looking good! My SPedit crashes every time I try to delete a configuration however

EDIT: And if we select multiple lines in a block, then use CTRL+\, could it create a multi line comment rather than just creating a single line comment?

Last edited by oscarlawson2; 12-30-2016 at 22:40.
boomix
Old 01-02-2017 , 13:12   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translat
Reply With Quote #204

Seems to be really nice update, but seems like this version didn't fix the bug, that is annoying me for a long time. When I press f10 that the rcon needs to send command to refresh the plugin list, the editor just freezes and I can't do anything at all. It happens randomly, once in a while. It could unfreeze after 30 sec, it can not unfreeze at all.
Old 01-09-2017 , 11:26   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translat
Reply With Quote #205

I love the update, but I would like to make a few requests:

1) When the user types ' or ", the plugin adds as second one. So typing ' gives me '' and typing " gives me "". I get where this is going because it's handling the end quotes for me. My request however is to do like Visual Studio does. If I finish typing my quote and I press ' or " at the end, have the cursor skip over that end quote rather than typing another quote. UNLESS I'm typing an escape quote like \' or \". The same could be applied to brackets. It's for this reason that I don't use the auto close features.

2) With the release of the dynamic.smx plugin, I and potentially many others have been increasingly using more classes/methodmaps. It would be nice if the code completion of your IDE extended to methodmaps.
Ok ok, it does, but with one problem.
- I have a class called Foo. I also have a class called FooBar. I make a Foo object named 'myfoo' and call 'myfoo.execute()'. Well when I get the code completion after typing 'myfoo.' the IDE gives me the functions from both the Foo and FooBar methodmaps. It would be nice if the IDE recognized the tag/'type' for variables and then gave autocomplete suggestions based on that tag/type. It would also be nice if autocomplete included the functions in the .sp file as well.

3) Something like a class explorer would be neat, except instead it would be a methodmap explorer. Perhaps make a second tab in the current file explorer. The methodmap explorer would act like a class explorer for all methodmaps within all files currently loaded in the editor.

4) Some might appreciate an option to completely hide the file tree explorer you added. I personally LOVE it and think it's a step in the right direction for this IDE, but it appears some people don't totally like it, and that's all fine and good.

I am not trying to criticize or bring down Spedit. I personally use it exclusively when it comes to Sourcemod development. If you agree or disagree with my suggestions then please reply and state that you agree or disagree so the author can tell if there are others who think the same as me. After all, no use in implementing my ideas if I'm the only one who would like them.
Kinsi
Old 02-01-2017 , 22:33   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translat
Reply With Quote #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief149 View Post
It would be nice if the IDE recognized the tag/'type' for variables and then gave autocomplete suggestions based on that tag/type.
For me this is the most missed feature, proper context-related/relevant autocompletition/intelli, especially now with methodmaps. Same goes for context-relevant suggestions when passing function parameters. If this would become reality i'd possibly even donate for it, unfortunately my .net knowledge hasnt been accessed for almost a year now otherwise i'd look into it myself

Last edited by Kinsi; 02-01-2017 at 23:01.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2017 , 23:19   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translat
Reply With Quote #207

Hmm, seems like after updating to Windows 10 creators update build, the editor instantly crashes when trying to launch it.

.NET 4.5 is already installed, even tried to reinstall but didn't allow me since .NET Framework 4.5 is already part of the operating system.

Tried running compatibility mode for Windows 7/8 and running administration mode, nothing worked.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also reinstalled the installer and standalone, both crashes on launch.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 04-18-2017 at 23:47.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 04-19-2017 , 07:48   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translat
Reply With Quote #208

It still works fine for me on Win10 1703 (Creators Update).
Bara
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-19-2017 , 11:58   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translat
Reply With Quote #209

Same here, works fine with creators update.
Discord (Bara#5006) | My Plugins (GitHub)
You like my work? Support is not a crime.
Timocop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-19-2017 , 14:51   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translat
Reply With Quote #210

Seems like your .NET Framework broke. Do other 4.0+ .NET programs crash too?
First try re-installing .NET Framework using optional features. And reinstall all other 4.0+ .NET Frameworks that you have installed.
Uncheck .NET Framework, restart, check .NET Framework, restart, done.
Spoiler

If it still crashes, try reset your .NET configs using the attached batch files (run as administrator).
Attached Files
File Type: zip .NET Framework Batches.zip (1.2 KB, 54 views)