8% 

AMX MOTD v0.2

Post New Thread Reply   

v3x
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2005 , 22:42  
Reply With Quote #21

Eventually I will.. I'm too drunk right now ;-.-
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
threefeathers
Old 12-21-2005 , 09:46   where to put txt files?
Reply With Quote #22

i have tried to put the txt file in czero/ , in czero/addons/ , in czero/addons/amxmodx/ and all i ever get is "Files doesnt exist!" can you tell me what im doing wrong?
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2005 , 16:11  
Reply With Quote #23

What is the exact location of the file you're trying to display?
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-26-2005 , 21:08  
Reply With Quote #24

v3x: Have you made any headway into my suggestion?
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2005 , 22:08  
Reply With Quote #25

Negative.

[SMC]Neiko
Old 02-21-2006 , 22:06  
Reply With Quote #26

So editing the file to say "/rules" "rules.txt" would work? Or would it be "say /rules" "rules.txt"?

Sigs are overrated.
Send a message via AIM to [SMC]Neiko Send a message via MSN to [SMC]Neiko Send a message via Yahoo to [SMC]Neiko
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2006 , 22:26  
Reply With Quote #27

That feature hasn't been made yet. Infact, if I were to make that, I would release it as a new plugin.

[SMC]Neiko
Old 02-22-2006 , 07:58  
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
That feature hasn't been made yet. Infact, if I were to make that, I would release it as a new plugin.
/emocry
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...=209924#216541
?

Sigs are overrated.
Send a message via AIM to [SMC]Neiko Send a message via MSN to [SMC]Neiko Send a message via Yahoo to [SMC]Neiko
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2006 , 08:58  
Reply With Quote #29

Replied.

Hadow
Old 05-14-2006 , 08:05  
Reply With Quote #30

First I must say this is a really good plugin, this was the thing ill have searched for I while,
But this can be dangerous; they can get information’s from all inside CS and around the hard drive where they can! So make it only you or “you really trust your admins” can use it! I think Security is the one thing to think off! It’s not easy to figure it out all the time.

This is an example of information’s they can get from CZ:

Mysql -> sql.cfg – If they get this! I hope you trust your admins, if not then they can hack you SQL server quite easy if they want to, yes I know that your server logs all activity but still!

Rcon password, if you have it in there -> server.cfg or listenserver.cfg

Users -> users.ini - This is not as dangerous as all odder files, if you only have STEAM_ID's in it.

That’s for CS and just imaging windows files or Linux. Linux are more secure but still they can get files! I have not had the opportunity to test this in Linux; maybe someone can confirm it? Just think what could happen if you let this plugin whit wrong access level to the wrong admins!

Yes I know that AMX is logging what’s he/she is doing! But not this plugin, you should add amx_log so we know ho has done what, if we suspect something! It still dangerous! And it can already be too late then, but this is not needed if you fix this so you only can get files from a directory called "motd" and this is the ONLY directory that it can read files from.
Just make it so its "illegal" to type ..\ and when you type

amx_motd Hadow "rules.txt" "Follow these rules"

it automatic places a motd\ in front of rules.txt = motd\rules.txt so you cant get files from odder places.

To test this and remember that the file must be in the same drive, I can be wrong because I didn’t find a way to get files from C: when I have HLDS in drive D:

I made a file in D:\myfiles\test.txt and wrote some stuff in it
Then in the console I typed

amx_motd Hadow "..\..\myfiles\test.txt" "test"

to only send the file back to me. Just think of what information’s they can get if you have HLDS on C:

If this isn’t working you, then you have to try put more or less ..\ to get it do work! Hackers have all the time they want!

I hope this can be to any help v3x to make an update.

Best regards
Hadow