Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running

Post New Thread Reply   

SandMan13
Old 01-24-2017 , 15:39   [CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running
Reply With Quote #1

So I have a VPS running Ubuntu 16.04 and wanted to have the server run as a 128 tick deathmatch server. I have this deathmatch plugin with everything installed on the VPS https://github.com/Maxximou5/csgo-deathmatch/releases

So now I'm wondering how to make it so the server will always start up as the 128 tick deathmatch with the custom deathmatch plugin active. I tried reading around on CSGO server configs but am not sure what I should be doing so any help is appreciated!
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-24-2017 , 16:05   Re: [CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running
Reply With Quote #2

You're going to need to better explain what you've accomplished, because so far there is nothing other than launching the server you have left to do.

What are your launch parameters?
What is the server console output of:
sm version
meta version
Are you using a startup script or LGSM?
SandMan13
Old 01-24-2017 , 16:37   Re: [CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running
Reply With Quote #3

server.cfg looks like this

hostname "SERVER-HOSTNAME"
sv_password "SERVER-PASSWORD"
sv_timeout 60
rcon_password "RCON-PASSWORD"
mp_autoteambalance 1
mp_limitteams 1
writeid
writeip

I have csgo.service as well but I don't know what to put in ExecStart

[Unit]
Description=CSGO Server
[Service]
Type=simple
User=steam
Group=steam
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=5
StartLimitInterval=60s
StartLimitBurst=3
ExecStart=/home/steam/csgo/srcds_run srcdds -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_active +map de_dust2 +sv_setsteamaccount [YOUR_GSLT] -net_port_try 1
ExecStop=killall -TERM srcds_linux
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

I don't know what sm version is or meta version
SandMan13
Old 01-24-2017 , 16:47   Re: [CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running
Reply With Quote #4

I just made a new user and installed and ran the LGSM you linked. It looks like it did exactly what I did but automatically.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-24-2017 , 19:01   Re: [CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running
Reply With Quote #5

Still need to know if you have MM and SM running, the console output of:
meta version
sm version

If there is no output or unknown command, then that means you didn't install them.
https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installing_SourceMod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvD5Xqj6WcY

Then setup your config files: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...ual_server.cfg

If all is well, it will startup with the plugin.

You can add cronjobs and startup executes with LGSM for updates and all that jazz.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 01-24-2017 at 19:13.
SandMan13
Old 01-24-2017 , 21:34   Re: [CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running
Reply With Quote #6

I installed sourcemod and metamod today with their latest versions. I have the plugin downloaded, unzipped and files in the correct folders of csgo/csgo/addons/sourcemod. I don't know what to write in my server.cfg or autoexec.cfg to make the plugin run though.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-24-2017 , 21:40   Re: [CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running
Reply With Quote #7

You don't add anything. The plugin is loaded if it's in the plugin folder under /addons/sourcemod/plugins and SourceMod is running.
SandMan13
Old 01-25-2017 , 01:04   Re: [CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running
Reply With Quote #8

Metamod is working in console, sourcemod isn't though.

Addons folder has metamod folder, metamod.vdf, sourcemod folder, sourcemod.vdf

sourcemod folder has bin, data, gamedata etc. and GPLv3 and 2 files. Everything looks there.
SandMan13
Old 01-25-2017 , 01:18   Re: [CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running
Reply With Quote #9

I fixed it, sourcemod.vdf is supposed to be in metamod folder. It's working now thank you for your help!
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-25-2017 , 02:46   Re: [CSGO] Having new server start with custom plugins running
Reply With Quote #10

Good to hear it was resolved. Thank you for posting your solution for others.