Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Setting entity model

Post New Thread Reply   

TheDS1337
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2017 , 09:08   Setting entity model
Reply With Quote #1

Is there any way to wrap the the SetEntityModel function in a Sourcemod extension? I saw the SDKTools sourcecode but its a pain in the ass lmao, is there any other method?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 01-13-2017 , 09:48   Re: Setting entity model
Reply With Quote #2

The general intent of SM extensions is be able to add API to SM plugins. SM plugins already have SetEntityModel available to them.

It can be done and isn't terribly difficult as there are direct examples of calling vfuncs in other first-party extensions, but you may want to reconsider your approach.
TheDS1337
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2017 , 10:07   Re: Setting entity model
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The general intent of SM extensions is be able to add API to SM plugins. SM plugins already have SetEntityModel available to them.

It can be done and isn't terribly difficult as there are direct examples of calling vfuncs in other first-party extensions, but you may want to reconsider your approach.
True what you said, but I want to set the player model inside the module just so things dont get messed up, but it seems that I'll have to go the other way around. I'll set the models, health, speed and gravity in a plugin I guess
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-13-2017 , 21:27   Re: Setting entity model
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeagLe.Studio View Post
True what you said, but I want to set the player model inside the module just so things dont get messed up, but it seems that I'll have to go the other way around. I'll set the models, health, speed and gravity in a plugin I guess
A SourceMod Extension is meant to be an Extension for the SourcePawn language. You're absolutely better off keeping logic, and deterministic behaviour, in a Plugin.