Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Automatic Command Executor

Post New Thread Reply   

addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2015 , 21:39   Re: Automatic Command Executor
Reply With Quote #21

It is highly relevant not to mix techniques between technologies when do you have unique ways to do it at each one, even if one of them is simplified. And this stills 'Keep things simple and straight' as all we have is simple things.

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-05-2015 at 21:41.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-06-2015 , 03:56   Re: Automatic Command Executor
Reply With Quote #22

You are overthinking, I'm not sure what are you trying to prove. It's up to coder to use their own coding style, as long it's consistent, there is nothing to argue. Same for any language. There is no such "techniques". Saying that you should avoid to use upper-case letter because it may happen to be used in C/C++ to define class is amazingly dumb and irrelevant. Pawn is Pawn, you will always find similarities across all languages.

Last edited by Arkshine; 10-06-2015 at 04:25.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2015 , 07:02   Re: Automatic Command Executor
Reply With Quote #23

I am not proving trying to prove anything. And as you say, code style is up do the programmer. Hence, here I am saying how is my code style, then others can think I like, or I hate it.

Quote:
Saying that you should avoid to use upper-case letter because it may happen to be used in C/C++ to define class is amazingly dumb and irrelevant.
Then it is your option, which is just again mime. Everyone believes in every-kind of things, we are just happening as we are.

Again, you can always to program only for you, or thinking about others assuming you code later. Then when to program you have to think there will be someone's else later someday here improving/debugging my code?

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-06-2015 at 07:38.
Arkshine
Old 10-06-2015 , 07:48   Re: Automatic Command Executor
Reply With Quote #24

This is already what I'm saying, if you keep your coding style consistent, this means you care for others people. Above that it's irrelevant.
Old 10-06-2015 , 09:24   Re: Automatic Command Executor
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
This is already what I'm saying, if you keep your coding style consistent, this means you care for others people. Above that it's irrelevant.
Hahahaha, we just keep saying the same thing to each other over and over again

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-06-2015 at 09:26.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2015 , 09:24   Re: Automatic Command Executor
Reply With Quote #26

I'm still not fully convinced that I should remake this with tries. First of all, if I'm not mistaking, I would need to do a triple check every time a user joins the server - if the type is name, steam or IP, then check whether the information is equal to the one in the trie and so on. One of the biggest concerns is the part that the file is rewritten when the plugin ends, i.e. the map changes. This will not be done if the server crashes for some reason. So, if I'm ought to give a player e.g. 500 deathrun points because he just won a tournament, he may get them more than once if the server doesn't shut down properly and that's definitely not something I want to have on my server.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Old 10-19-2015, 12:27
addons_zz
This message has been deleted by addons_zz. Reason: To much drama
HamletEagle
Old 10-22-2015 , 12:10   Re: Automatic Command Executor
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
First of all, if I'm not mistaking, I would need to do a triple check every time a user joins the server - if the type is name, steam or IP, then check whether the information is equal to the one in the trie and so on
And what is the problem ? When the player connects you get his identifiers(name/ip/steamid) and try to see if he is in the trie. Few checks are ok. You could use only steamid, and this would solve your "big issue".

Quote:
One of the biggest concerns is the part that the file is rewritten when the plugin ends, i.e. the map changes. This will not be done if the server crashes for some reason. So, if I'm ought to give a player e.g. 500 deathrun points because he just won a tournament, he may get them more than once if the server doesn't shut down properly and that's definitely not something I want to have on my server.
This is very unlikely to happen, and if it does it is not your problem. This is the fault of the server owner for not correctly configuring his server, and you don't have to take care of people's mistakes.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 10-22-2015 at 12:10.
HamletEagle
Old 11-12-2015 , 12:30   Re: Automatic Command Executor
Reply With Quote #28

More than 15 days have passed and I don't see any changes from the author. Since section needs to be cleaned I'll unapprove this for now, but don't worry, your plugin can be reviewed at any time. PM a plugin approver after you made the changes.
Old 04-23-2016 , 09:10   Re: Automatic Command Executor
Reply With Quote #29

Update 2.0:
  • The plugin has been fully rewritten and optimized.
  • Added an option to add a message, which will be shown in the chat when the command is executed.
  • Added an menu from which the administrators can add new entries, view a list of all active entries, reload the .ini file, as well as delete a specific entry.
  • The plugin now uses tries, as requested.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
4ever16
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2017 , 09:52   Re: Automatic Command Executor
Reply With Quote #30

Only one command can be executed by 1 steam id.
I would like to make it so that the same steam id can write 2 things in the chat at the same time or with little delay.
Can you help?

I have this in the .ini file.

Quote:
"steam" "STEAM_0:0:197120xxx" "say .stats" "yes"
"steam" "STEAM_0:0:197120xxx" "say .me" "yes"
Only this command executes.
Quote:
"steam" "STEAM_0:0:197120xxx" "say .me" "yes"

Last edited by 4ever16; 05-11-2017 at 10:05.