Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?

Post New Thread Reply   

aceofspades
Old 04-06-2007 , 20:13   Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?
Reply With Quote #1

I saw this being used on a server and tracked it down to here:

http://www.lduke.com/plugins/clientcommand_reset.php

But when it was tried on a test server it didnt allow any of the restricted commands to be run despite me clicking ok to the motd popup, was this broken in an update? Is there a work around in the form of an eventscript, metamod plugin or server plugin that will allow the server owner to change the value of the client command line ?
el hippo
Old 04-07-2007 , 01:04   Re: Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?
Reply With Quote #2

L Duke's method no longer works, but awuh0 has figured out another way of doing it. He has a plugin at http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/...ic.php?t=12128 which actually does work, and is likely the plugin you see on many servers that also use event scripts, etc.

Hippo
Old 04-07-2007 , 01:31   Re: Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?
Reply With Quote #3

He sends "toggle cl_restrict_server_commands" instead, so you could probably easily modify LDuke's to do the same thing.
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2007 , 12:08   Re: Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by el hippo View Post
L Duke's method no longer works, but awuh0 has figured out another way of doing it. He has a plugin at http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/...ic.php?t=12128 which actually does work, and is likely the plugin you see on many servers that also use event scripts, etc.

Hippo
Which isn't perfect either, as it can be blocked client side.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-24-2007 , 05:23   Re: Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
He sends "toggle cl_restrict_server_commands" instead, so you could probably easily modify LDuke's to do the same thing.
BAIL I was looking into this a little closer, he doesn't actually just send that command. He puts it into the cmd portion of an motd window!
The thing I'm trying to do now, is to cancel the team select window, any ideas?
Old 04-24-2007 , 08:43   Re: Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?
Reply With Quote #6

Uh, I thought you knew that that's how LDuke's plugin worked.

Try blocking the chooseteam command. It's client side, but there's a chance the gamedll might be sending it...
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-26-2007 , 03:15   Re: Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?
Reply With Quote #7

I got around it anyway, just wait untill they first spawn in. And nope, I didn't load up his plugin at all, Dukes either. I didn't even think about our conversation about it untill this week been so busy with work/life etc.

You guys need any help with SourceMod? If you have any small tasks that need doing I can always make time to give back to the community that's given me so much
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2007 , 09:47   Re: Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?
Reply With Quote #8

Looks like this will be blocked by VALVe again when the next update is rolled out.
Old 04-29-2007 , 12:29   Re: Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?
Reply With Quote #9

While this removes some functions that are only available using a client command, I hate those redirect servers so I'm not too hurt about it.

One guy asking me to get around this issue had over 50 servers redirecting to one!
BAILOPAN
Old 04-29-2007 , 21:24   Re: Is there currently a working cl_restrict work around?
Reply With Quote #10

That's pretty obscene. Yes, Valve is removing cl_restrict_server_commands entirely.