Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Server sided Sounds HELP - Low volume on sounds?

Post New Thread Reply   

AtRealDenied
Old 04-27-2024 , 16:00   Server sided Sounds HELP - Low volume on sounds?
Reply With Quote #1

EDIT: Issues related to Counter-Strike Source Server.

Hello guys, I've spent the better part of today trying to figure this out, with no success.

I'm trying to create custom sounds for my CS:S server, and I know everything (or atleast I believe I do) there is to know about the correct sound format. 44100 Hz 8 or 16 bit etc etc.

My sounds works on my server, I use Quake sounds and Admin sounds. The plugins doesn't really matter because I have other sounds downloaded from various sources and they all work as intended.

The thing is, when I create my own sounds using Goldwave, save them with the correct format (wav/mp3) 128 kbps - 2 channel stereo - 16 bit. When I upload them on my server, their volume is approx. 50% lower than other sounds played using the same plugins.

Using amplifier and setting the volume to 200% in goldwave before saving and uploading has not to fixed this.

fx: I have two sound files. The working one (default quake sound Headshot, dominating etc) and my own - Same format, same size, same everything. They both have the same volume when playing them form my desktop, - but when uploading them to the server and fastdl using 7zip bz2 - something happens to the sound file I created, and it's suddenly 50% lower the the other sound - even tho they had the same volume before.

I'm happy to answer any questions!

Thanks in advance!

Attatched: One of my sound files which is 50% lower in volume after being uploaded to the server.
Attached Files
File Type: zip prepare-to-fightold.zip (493.9 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by AtRealDenied; 04-27-2024 at 16:01.