Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Gungame Problems

Post New Thread Reply   

Unspeaking
Old 08-19-2009 , 19:12   Gungame Problems
Reply With Quote #1

Before I start, I'd like to say I'm not exactly sure if this a specific gungame problem or a server problem but any help or even getting me going in the right direction would be very helpful.

I help a friend run a gun game server, I've done it before. I used to co-own one with a guy about 2 years ago and everything ran fine and what not, so I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to these things but we keep having problems that I can't figure out for the life of me.

1, on certain maps after warmup round is over(knifes only), you can't pull out your knife. You only have whatever gun your own and that's it, where as other maps you can pull out knife fine. I've tried looking at the maps this happens on and can't come up with anything.

2, On some maps when you spawn, your weapon literally takes 1-3 seconds to come out where it should be as soon as you respawn your weapon pops up.

3, on some maps you get other weapons other then your gungame weapon. For example I was just playing and was on glock, but also have an M4 which obviously won't count as a GG kill.

Above all, it's wierd because he's with gameservers which is the host I used and never had a problem. He's wiped the server, reinstalled gun game and these problems still persist. I'm not sure if it's a gungame issue, a server issue, or what's going on.

Also, this is totally unrelated to gungame but I figured I'd throw it in here so maybe someone can answer it or give me an idea. I've searched high and low on Google but can't find anything but others that have the problem with no clear solution. His server crashes with the error:

./hlds_run: line 321: 27115 Segmentation fault $HL_CMD

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 08-20-2009 , 06:58   Re: Gungame Problems
Reply With Quote #2

There are some maps that strip off weapons when you spawn and others that give you a weapon a few secs after spawn. Check out the map without gungame running if this is the case. Then these maps are not a good idea to run with gungame. Furthermore check if the cvar gg_pickup_others (or something like this, can't remember out of head) is set to 0.

For the error: well, this could be anything. Without much more data you cound't say anything about that error. I have crashes on my servers now and then, but i gave up to find a reason for this as they crash even without any mod running.