Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.591, 08/11/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

ummja
Old 09-27-2010 , 22:39   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v0.9, 09/27/2010)
Reply With Quote #21

Ok, with the script you previously gave me, in the voting menu it appears without a title and when they try to call a vote for it, it is called and then immediately cancelled.

It's late here and I have work tomorrow, hopefully I'll wake up to a nice voting script here on this thread.

Thanks a lot man.

I appreciate it. Good night.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2010 , 22:51   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v0.9, 09/27/2010)
Reply With Quote #22

Code:
"Votes"
{
    "tf2items_randomizer"
    {
        "title"        "Turn TF2Items Randomizer {!tf2items_rnd_enabled|onoff}?"
        "type"        "confirm"
        "command"    "tf2items_rnd_enabled {!tf2items_rnd_enabled}"
        "admin"        "sm_vote"
    }
}
Try that.

Also in reply to failhorse's PM, putting the cvars in the server cfg works.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-27-2010 at 22:54.
DrWagstaff
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-28-2010 , 02:29   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v0.9, 09/27/2010)
Reply With Quote #23

I added this as a vote on my server. Great mod. Spies are completely OP though. They don't decloak no matter what you do. You can attack and they still won't decloak. Also, some classes seem to get a rapid fire revolver (more specifically the sam and max version of the revolver). You can literally fire as fast as you can click. Please fix this, it makes people spawn as gods every couple of minutes.
Send a message via AIM to DrWagstaff
ummja
Old 09-28-2010 , 07:07   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v0.9, 09/27/2010)
Reply With Quote #24

Vote command works like a charm,

I'll wait around for your v0.9 update and test the changes for you.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2010 , 10:18   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v0.9, 09/27/2010)
Reply With Quote #25

DrWagStaff, that's not a Big Kill, its a "Texan Love"(custom request by a friend), and it is supposed to be faster firing. Less spread too. It has its nerfs, though, except there's a reload bug though, so it ends up just firing really really fast.
Its current attributes are less weapon spread (positive) and faster shooting, but very slow reload (buggy on non-spies), and one other nerf...
Suggest some other attributes?

@ummja, v0.9 is out.

Another @DrWagStaff, I need to know about this decloaking glitch. Spies can attack while cloaked?! Or do you mean disguised? Check the tf2items_rnd_fix_spy cvar, if its 0, spies definitely won't undisguise right, if its 1, they won't undisguise on melee, and if its 2, then should undisguise on everything except sapper, disguise kit,and food items
@failhorse (late reply) the blutsauger should be doing 2 dmg per second. That's its normal nerf, cept the medic has 3hp regen, so on other classes it hurts. It seems balanced.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-28-2010 at 18:10. Reason: Combine double post
ummja
Old 09-28-2010 , 17:58   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v0.9, 09/27/2010)
Reply With Quote #26

Found a glitch. If you spawn with the Blutsauger you lose health at a -3 rate per second or something.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2010 , 18:04   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v0.9, 09/27/2010)
Reply With Quote #27

*sigh* the blutsauger health loss is not a glitch, everyone. It's a balance. The normal blutsauger (actual game files) has a -2hp per second nerf to counter the HP regain from shooting people. Since the medic has a +3hp per second regen, it doesn't affect him much, but for others, it WILL, and it needs to, as the blutsauger needs some kind of nerf to go with its perk.
(I think I've said this already... "@failhorse (late reply) the blutsauger should be doing 2 dmg per second. That's its normal nerf, cept the medic has 3hp regen, so on other classes it hurts. It seems balanced.")
Anyways, there is another weapon that does -6 hp per second, which are the Gloves of Running Urgently. It gives double speed, but less damage and that -6hp per second to balance it.
The only unbalanced weapon so far appears to be the glitched Texan Love. Will attempt to fix this weekend. I can't modify any of the plugin until this weekend, sorry.
Let me know any glaring bugs so I can put v0.8 back up in case of disaster.

Btw, I have a server to test it on ummja, but thanks for offering to test
ummja
Old 09-28-2010 , 18:08   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v0.9, 09/27/2010)
Reply With Quote #28

Ok. Additionally, Lugermorph doesn't work (you cant weapon switch to it).

I'm also receiving complaints about Jarate not working.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2010 , 18:12   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v0.9, 09/27/2010)
Reply With Quote #29

There is a difference between weapons "not working" and weapons not having ammo. Jarate doesn't have ammo on some classes (another "lol useless roll" like the sandvich).
And the Lugermorph isn't working now? Darn valve changes. It was working before. Will try fixing when I can.

Oh, if you need to talk to me about anything, drop by #sourcemod irc (http://www.sourcemod.net/irc.php), I'm normally off and on there.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-28-2010 at 18:23.
ummja
Old 09-28-2010 , 18:25   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v0.9, 09/27/2010)
Reply With Quote #30

Been testing all night for you, running it for about 8 hours on my server and having anyone report issues on our Site...

Bud, also, just a personal thing for me...

If it'd take you 7 years to code, don't do it, but I'd prefer the useless rolls to be useful.