Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8

Post New Thread Reply   

edu.1962
Old 11-27-2010 , 04:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #81

Well, when there are 3 or less players, the plugin works fine; when there are 4 or more players, even if 1 or more give up leaving behind 1 or more bots, the plugin dont work on these bots, u are unable to takeover them. "takeover failed"
PS: So sorry my terrible english
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2010 , 05:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu.1962 View Post
Well, when there are 3 or less players, the plugin works fine; when there are 4 or more players, even if 1 or more give up leaving behind 1 or more bots, the plugin dont work on these bots, u are unable to takeover them. "takeover failed"
PS: So sorry my terrible english
What kind of modification are you using to achieve bigger teams.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
edu.1962
Old 12-01-2010 , 02:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #83

I'm using l4dtoolz with bebop
sn0wsh00
Old 12-22-2010 , 17:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Oh... The plugin is disabled before a survivor leaves the starting zone (opens the saferoom door or leaves the start area). If the plugin is loaded after such event has occured in a round, the plugin is disabled until next round the event occurs again. I remember trying to fix this problem, but it seems I failed. Maybe I remember this incorrectly? Anyhow, if this is the case, it isn't a very huge issue IMHO, but it can result people to jump in to conclusions.

I can take a look, however.
I'm getting a "Takeover is CURRENTLY DISABLED" message when I type "!takeover" in the chat box after dying. This happens in both singleplayer and campaign mode with 3 bots and a human (i.e. me) and it even happens after I open the saferoom door and leave the starting area.

The !admintakeover command works though, but the game still restarts. Any solutions here?

Last edited by sn0wsh00; 12-22-2010 at 17:53.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 12-23-2010 , 11:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu.1962 View Post
I'm using l4dtoolz with bebop
I'm sorry but I don't have a system that I could verify this at. If someone else could do this for me, I would appreciate it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0wsh00 View Post
I'm getting a "Takeover is CURRENTLY DISABLED" message when I type "!takeover" in the chat box after dying. This happens in both singleplayer and campaign mode with 3 bots and a human (i.e. me) and it even happens after I open the saferoom door and leave the starting area.

The !admintakeover command works though, but the game still restarts. Any solutions here?
I'll test this tonight. I will run a campaign game alone and allow takeover when incapacitated.

The game restarts? So you mean, you were dead before you executed a takeover? The game restarts once there is no human players alive. I have not found a way to run the takeover before the game restarts or sets campaign over to true.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
irogue
Old 02-14-2011 , 21:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #86

Great plugin, been a hit with clients on the server and i haven't had any conflicts either,
runnin this on a 4vs4 server and it really makes a difference in the amount of ppl who would otherwise rage quit because they cant take over a bot once they are dead or incapped.
RasterMan
Old 02-23-2011 , 05:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #87

I am currently testing this plugin on a 12 man server when there are 5 players and no bots left for anyone to take over but I have 7 spare slots free what whould I need to auto create that bot for someone to take over?
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2011 , 09:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasterMan View Post
I am currently testing this plugin on a 12 man server when there are 5 players and no bots left for anyone to take over but I have 7 spare slots free what whould I need to auto create that bot for someone to take over?
I think there are other plugins that can add survivor bots to play with you? Using that in addition to this could solve your problem. Also, there is a plugin that can revive dead players, if that is what you want?

RasterMan
Old 02-23-2011 , 18:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #89

I'm only after a plugin that would auto create 1 bot to accompany your plugin say server starts with 3 players and 1 bots then when the forth slot gets taken by a real player the plugin would then auto create another bot so there would always be a bot left to take over if you see what I'm getting at? Most of the plugins I see creatr max bots according to the servers max players.
Old 02-24-2011 , 01:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #90

I think this is what you are looking for
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1239544