8% 

Mario Coins

Post New Thread Reply   

HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-05-2015 , 04:47   Re: Mario Coins
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
I never saw people telling to check if file exists to precache. It makes no sense, if you forget to put a file in your machine, then its better to server crash on map change and check logs than having crash in the middle of the game.
It doesn't matter what you saw or not, people change. That was not a requierement, but only an ideea. What crash in the middle of the game ? That won't happen. What I said was to check if the file exists, if not don't precache and pause the plugin. That way you fully avoid a crash.

Quote:
I did a short search for file_exist and the only thing i found was arkshine telling you to do so at your replacement plugin. If that's why you think it's a nice thing to do, they are different cases. At your plugin you touch directly the memory so it will be ok to not precache, but here he will still set the model even not precaching. So, for him to check if file exists, he would need also to stop the plugin and create a log saying wich files are missing. Better than precache right away but it's kinda pointless. If the user is noob he may learn at first because would still experience this crash with other plugins.
Good job, Sherlock(just a joke, don't get it wrong). That has nothing to do with my ERR or with Arkshine, read above. You are wrong, he won't set the model, if the model is not precached the plugin will be paused.

Yeah, it's not the coder job to fix people mistakes, thus this was not a requeirement. We are getting off-topic.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 12-05-2015 at 04:48.
JusTGo
Veteran Member
Old 12-05-2015 , 07:03   Re: Mario Coins
Reply With Quote #42

PHP Code:
check if the file exists, if not don't precache and pause the plugin 
can't this be added in amxx ?

PHP Code:
precache_model("models/parachute.mdl",check false
so if check is false it will not check if file exist, but if check is true it will check the file... its better then including in evry plugin.

sorry for off topic.

Last edited by JusTGo; 12-05-2015 at 07:04.
tuty
Veteran Member
Old 12-05-2015 , 09:00   Re: Mario Coins
Reply With Quote #43

relax guys, will try to optimise for the sake of everyone. But, since i am here from 2008, i have never seen an approver to say such things. But i agree with "people will change". Evolution is always welcome. Since we have a lot of details and new functions added, why not? Also, HamletEagle, i think you are too harsh to plugin coders. I get it, you do your job. But for the sake of our lord Gaben, don't try to make people change them codings styles. Okay, because you want me to add a global task and loop all over the players, i can simple add a task to a spawned user. Easy and simple. My way and your way does the same. And please don't tell me about cpu usage, since everyone these days have atleast an i3 that can handle easily a goldsrc game.

Last edited by tuty; 12-05-2015 at 09:03.
Send a message via ICQ to tuty Send a message via AIM to tuty
HamletEagle
Old 12-05-2015 , 09:18   Re: Mario Coins
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuty View Post
relax guys, will try to optimise for the sake of everyone. But, since i am here from 2008, i have never seen an approver to say such things. But i agree with "people will change". Evolution is always welcome. Since we have a lot of details and new functions added, why not? Also, HamletEagle, i think you are too harsh to plugin coders. I get it, you do your job. But for the sake of our lord Gaben, don't try to make people change them codings styles. Okay, because you want me to add a global task and loop all over the players, i can simple add a task to a spawned user. Easy and simple. My way and your way does the same. And please don't tell me about cpu usage, since everyone these days have atleast an i3 that can handle easily a goldsrc game.
This is not about coding style. I don't mind how you code, how you name your variables and functions, I care about how your code works. And no, it's not the same. What I am telling you is to create only 1 task, your way create 32 tasks. i3 or not, doesn't matter. An approved plugin should do things in a sane way, and considering that it's easy to change, please do it. Try to understand how things work before saying such things.

If you don't want me to review your plugin, that's ok for me. Ask another approver. I am only trying to improve your code, if you get it wrong it's not my fault.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 12-05-2015 at 09:20.
tuty
Veteran Member
Old 12-05-2015 , 09:30   Re: Mario Coins
Reply With Quote #45

Trust me i want you to check my plugin. I don't mind if it is unnaproved or not, it was like that for years. I am just trying to refresh my knowledge on amxmodx because i missed it. Also, about that useless code, re-download the plugin, and read my comments. I will add a global task later, because right now i have to go. Cheers

EDIT:

- Sorry for my misunderstanding, get_players way is more efficient
- Setting one task and looping with get_players is much better
- Added get_players loop in events and task
- Plugin updated

Last edited by tuty; 12-05-2015 at 09:53.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 12-05-2015 , 10:00   Re: Mario Coins
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
It doesn't matter what you saw or not, people change. That was not a requierement, but only an ideea. What crash in the middle of the game ? That won't happen. What I said was to check if the file exists, if not don't precache and pause the plugin. That way you fully avoid a crash.
You know that you didn't said so, right? You simply said to not precache and it would be ok.
HamletEagle
Old 12-08-2015 , 11:03   Re: Mario Coins
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
You know that you didn't said so, right? You simply said to not precache and it would be ok.
Really ?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...4&postcount=32

Last edited by HamletEagle; 12-08-2015 at 11:04.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 12-11-2015 , 13:57   Re: Mario Coins
Reply With Quote #48

Didn't saw that, lol
HamletEagle
Old 12-20-2015 , 08:10   Re: Mario Coins
Reply With Quote #49

15 days have passed and I don't see any changes from the author. Since section needs to be cleaned I'll unapprove this for now, but don't worry, your plugin can be reviewed at any time. PM a plugin approver after you made the changes.
Old 12-20-2015 , 08:21   Re: Mario Coins
Reply With Quote #50

people have stuff to do, life to live, games to play, uni to study. can i pm you when i will do the changes?

copy pasterino, a lot of changes has been made

Last edited by tuty; 12-20-2015 at 08:22.